• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] which type is most likely to refuse taking the MBTI test?

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So if people who supposedly know me and see me on a daily basis regularly misinterpret my motivations and characteristics so drastically, how is a mere test with 16 categories supposed to classify me except in a circular manner (as I answer the obvious questions for I/E, T/F and so on and get the expected answers)?

So you are asking why a group of individuals who are likely to have a personal bias concerned in their understanding of you, and are only privy to that small section of yourself that can be seen through the standard social mask we all wear, nonetheless can't be as good as understanding your personality than an unbiased test based around many questions that require divulgence of inner meanings as asked by qualified psychologists?

Yeah. OBVIOUSLY the test is the lesser of the two.

*edit* Oops. I realised I might be a little misunderstood here. I want you to know that the funny thing I actually probably agree with you that the test is often flawed. I just objected to your logic.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
So you are asking why a group of individuals who are likely to have a personal bias concerned in their understanding of you, and are only privy to that small section of yourself that can be seen through the standard social mask we all wear, nonetheless can't be as good as understanding your personality than an unbiased test based around many questions that require divulgence of inner meanings as asked by qualified psychologists?

*edit* Oops. I realised I might be a little misunderstood here. I want you to know that the funny thing I actually probably agree with you that the test is often flawed. I just objected to your logic.

Your whole thesis is predicated on the assumption that you are your avatar, but your avatar is Pikachu, and Pikachu cannot articulate that which is not "pika", therefore... YOU ARE A FRAUD, CEASE AND DESIST.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know an ISTP an ISFJ that disliked the idea of "being put into a box." I tried to explain that isn't the purpose, etc, but they refused. :mellow: It took a lot of coaxing to get an ESTJ to do it... He didn't seem opposed to the idea, he just didn't want to sit down and do it, telling me "you can just type me, right?" And of course there are exceptions to the ISXJs not liking it... I knew an ISTJ that loved it. My old boss, actually. He joked it would be part of his interviews in the future.

Most Ns I know seemed gung-ho about it. But I do know an INTJ that thinks it's bull crap. And then proceeded to tell me about some obscure typing system he prescribed to that I'd never heard of, presumably to just contradict me, as usual.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

You mistake my point entirely. I was arguing neither thing. Nor was I making a logical point per se. I was demonstrating/explaining a feeling/experience/perception that is common to INTJs; I was not arguing that MBTI has no merit. Moreover, your logic has flaws.

"Standard social mask?" INTJs don't have a standard social mask: we are obviously strange, people try to understand us, try to apply a standard social mask, and fail. INTJs are largely WYSIWYG (as long as you don't open that black box with the big red button called "emotions"). There is no social mask that INTJs project, really, and certainly not consciously.

It's because INTJs don't try to project any particular mask that we're easily misunderstood. The "real us" just doesn't behave in any predictable way, because people will read in the random white noise of not-quite-emotion, attribute emotion and motivation to it, and be completely wrong. It is this experience that is common to INTJs (and also to a degree with a different emphasis common to INFJs), that we are simply used to being misunderstood. Even you misunderstood me, assuming that I intended to be strictly logical.

I think you can remove the X from your declared MBTI type and go with INTP. INTPs and ENTPs tend to do the "social mask" thing, and think of it as a mask. No, not everyone does that.

Also, an INFP would have totally gotten what I said and not complained about the logic, but might have said something about how it feels differently to him/her.