• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs COME HERE. AGAIN.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yeah. I texted him twice, and both were pretty spaced. One was 'So, what are you up to?'

The other was,

'GRAH, talk to mee.'

No reply.

I quit.

Here's the sort of honesty you might receive if you ask him a straightforward question: stop hesitating. Ask him directly. Something like, "Are you purposely ignoring me?"

Capisci?

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
OP:

1, 2) I don't have a "DISTINCT" set of methods for dealing with different people. I can't sort people into people that I like or dislike. Generally, I both like and dislike most people- in different ways, to different extents and for different reasons. It's impossible to give you an answer to your question that would be an accurate representation of my behavior.

3) There are people that I dislike whom I actively approach and talk to, and there are people who I like that I barely talk to at all.

4) It would depend on why and how I dislike them. As a general rule, yes- unless I have something better to do, or the person is impossible to communicate with.

5) I used to be very, very blunt- I naively assumed that people would appreciate the honesty. I try my best to avoid being unnecessarily blunt these days, though it still happens sometimes when I'm not paying attention to myself.

Cheers!

PS: It's completely okay to ask him "Why don't we hang out anymore?". Don't be needy, say something like "we used to have so much fun together, didn't we?" The worst thing you could do for your chances with an ENTP is to give him the perception that you're trying to cage him up. Appeal to his sense of adventure- suggest doing something unusual or crazy!

PPS:

Yeah. I texted him twice, and both were pretty spaced. One was 'So, what are you up to?'

The other was,

'GRAH, talk to mee.'

No reply.

I quit.

I am very bad with texts because I get distracted very easily- I often accidentally ignore messages from my INFJ girlfriend (whom I love very much!) and end up having to face her wrath for it. I never seem to learn...

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm going to speak very plainly to you. If an ENTP likes you, you will know it. If you feel like you are a pain in an ENTP's ass, or that an ENTP doesn't care for you, you're probably right. Either that or you're suffering from some self esteem issues. Either way, I can assure you that you're wasting your time analyzing the ENTP mindset. You care about this situation way more than the ENTP does, and the ENTP doesn't deserve you getting yourself all upset over it. In fact the ENTP will respect you more if you regain your sense of self and move on.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm sure somebody talked about this already
But I actively dislike very few people. I only dislike people I'm forced to see for one reason or another and even then it takes alot for the feeling to become anything more than mild.

Mostly I either like people or just don't care.
Often time I'd just grow bored of a certain relationship once it stops feeling like something that could inspire me.

Do you know if he only changed his attitude toward you ?

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have already asked him if he was ignoring me, to which he replied 'God forbid I don't answer all of your texts or answer my phone.'

I DO want to ask him if he is unintentionally ignoring me, but I don't want to make him mad. I mean, if I'm annoying him already, and THEN I ask him that, I can just see him facepalming. Meh.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have already asked him if he was ignoring me, to which he replied 'God forbid I don't answer all of your texts or answer my phone.'

I DO want to ask him if he is unintentionally ignoring me, but I don't want to make him mad. I mean, if I'm annoying him already, and THEN I ask him that, I can just see him facepalming. Meh.

Well I'm not ENTP as I said before, but that sounds to me like an attempt to "gently" hint at his lack of interest in you. If I were you I would stop talking to this guy for awhile and give him some space. It seems like he might feel crowded by you. He texted you back, so we can be sure that he knows how to get into contact with you if he wants to. So I would suggest forgetting about this guy and moving on to another person that will enjoy spending time with you as much as you enjoy spending time with him. Maybe during that time your current ENTP will miss you and want to spend time with you, if he doesn't then f$ck it! Who wants to beg for attention from someone? Hopefully this all improves for you, good luck. :)

Cryptic

MBTI Type
ENTP
'God forbid I don't answer all of your texts or answer my phone.'

That would -so- be my response if I were him! You're clearly getting on his nerves already, which is why I recommend laying off but sending the occasional "cute" text if you're intent on maintaining the friendship. He's clearly got enough on his plate without reassuring you that everything is going fine.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
That would -so- be my response if I were him! You're clearly getting on his nerves already, which is why I recommend laying off but sending the occasional "cute" text if you're intent on maintaining the friendship. He's clearly got enough on his plate without reassuring you that everything is going fine.

Yeah, if I got things on my mind the last thing I want is needy people clinging to me. I tend to select all my social interactions based on whether I think the interaction is going to improve my mood.
Meaning that when I'm in a hectic mode I'm likely calling my most extroverted friends to go party at the club, get drunk and hit on all the girls. But when I feel hectic I won't often call my introverted friends for a game of chess.
I can easily have a certain mood for a couple of weeks or months meaning we will talk a lot less in that period.

The only 'danger' is that after a couple of months, while I do still think of you I won't call because we've grown apart or it could be weird to suddenly start taking up contact again, even though I would totally be cool if we met again, or if you called me.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well! I asked him if he was avoiding me.

He answered AGAIN with 'God forbid I don't reply to a few of your thousand texts.'

Which means.. No, i'm not ignoring you, but stop texting me so much?

I replied with,

Well, I'm sorry. If you want I'll text you less, it's no big deal.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Cool, now that you know, hopefully you can let it rest.