• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and feeling uncomfortable

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
yep, we just tend to reciprocate.

An INTP is pretty much the easiest type to have an infatuation with. We won't mind you making hte move, will tell you openly so if the attraction is mutual if you ask us, and if it isn't we won't be "wierd" afterwards unless you are.

So just tell her goodgrief, if she is INTP she will prob give you a truthful answer and it prob won't be a problem unless you make it one.

I don't really know about that. It may be easy to have an infatuation with us, but getting us to a) figure it out and b) figure out what to do with that information can be a bizarre and confusing experience.

Exhibit A:

:blink:

Ok. So..let me get this straight.

Approaching directly may or may not work because an INTP would prefer to have some reason to suspect interest on the part of the party. However, from what Ive read, the stereotypical INTP is basically oblivious to romantic signals, and therefore is unlikely to "see it coming" in any case. On the other hand, actively attempting to lay down ground work before hand (aka courting, wooing, whatever) is seen to be tedious and incomprehensible, so they tend to avoid it. Thus one can neither seduce nor ambush an INTP unless, of course, you do.

I don't know what to do with this. Also, I think my head might explode.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I don't really know about that. It may be easy to have an infatuation with us, but getting us to a) figure it out and b) figure out what to do with that information can be a bizarre and confusing experience.

Exhibit A:

Well someone tells us they like us in plain English/Spanish/Swahili, we respond with a yes or a (convoluted) no. What could be simpler?

Of course the complications come when the other person complicates it.:tongue:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Well someone tells us they like us in plain English/Spanish/Swahili, we respond with a yes or a (convoluted) no. What could be simpler?

Of course the complications come when the other person complicates it.:tongue:

TBH I'd have to think about my answer for a while, if it were to ever happen to me again, haha. I was so blindsided by my current SO's original interest I just said "okay" and figured if I ended up not liking her I'd tell her later. Luckily, didn't have to do that!

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
yep, we just tend to reciprocate.

An INTP is pretty much the easiest type to have an infatuation with.

Well it may be an infatuation but it's totally justified. She is very awesome!

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
TBH I'd have to think about my answer for a while, if it were to ever happen to me again, haha. I was so blindsided by my current SO's original interest I just said "okay" and figured if I ended up not liking her I'd tell her later. Luckily, didn't have to do that!

heh, fair enough. You could be right actually, I guess if we had no idea it was coming this could happen. My reasoning was though that the INTP girl in question probably has some idea...

Goodgrief - I didn't mean anything bad by saying infatuation. Maybe the word in the US has negative connotations I don't know about...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also Re the whole Robert Greene thing - my advice is ignore it. It's based on strategies for "power". But power-brokers rise to the top by crushing all around them, and then are eventually ruined when they exhaust the bases of their power. This is why 99% of political careers are characterized by betrayal and end in failure.

Most people don't aim for their life to take this course and therefore theories of "Power and Seduction" aren't really of much use to them.

Well said.
It's an interesting book, nontheless.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Goodgrief - I didn't mean anything bad by saying infatuation. Maybe the word in the US has negative connotations I don't know about...

Well I'm actually in Australia, but yeah. When people say 'infatuation' in my experience it connotates like over the top, excessive and beyond what is deserved.

But I guess that's subjective anyway. I'm sure not everyone sees her as this perfect (though I'm not under the impression she is perfect, just very great) so it kinda is infatuation to some degree. I would call it love but that would be getting ahead of myself, since I haven't actually had a romantic relationship to know for sure.

But God I love being around her. Especially when it was just me and her. We have a lot of chemistry.

/Rant that nobody else actually cares about