• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What are Female INTPs like?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My experience has been that they are very much like the males. Just as blunt, just as argumentative, just as iconoclastic and individualistic.

I love hanging out with the 2 INTP females I know (I know a 3rd that is more xNTP) in the sense that they are hilarious, smart, and great conversationalists. As a male myself, I never was romantically interested because they seemed too "prickly" or "tough skinned" for me. F women have that kind of "soft" aura about them. That's just my personal preference though - I find almost all T women to be somewhat prickly for my romantic tastes (being friends with them is a whole different story, however) - whether they be ESTJ's or INTP's.

What was so cool about hanging with INTP women is it gave me an opportunity to kind of "look in the mirror" and see what other people might be seeing in me. It really made me think twice about my lack of follow through (telling people I would do something and then not doing it), a little bit of the social awkwardness, and the bluntness with which things are said and how that can sometimes be taken as a little bit too abrasive.

Loads of fun, however. Side-splitting laughter.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I swear we've done this thread before.

Or maybe at INTPc.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ever had that feeling where you're having a conversation with someone and you're NOT having to smash your head into a brick wall every two minutes? Something like that...

Unique

Lol yep they are pretty much just like the INTP men

I only know the one, a friend of my brothers, shes very articulate just like me, she gets my jokes which is cool I guess

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm guessing from the lukewarm response to this thread that INTP women haven't been seen since 2002 (not counting the one who ran way from captivity in 2005), but I assure you we exist!

It's either we're too busy keeping to ourselves in love with intellectual constructs or too busy blending in society (the INTP chameleon thing).

Anyway, I haven't met many INTP women myself. I know only a few INTP women from real life and online (we have a Facebook group for INTP women, with about 500 members, though I've only chatted online with a few).

From little that I know of them, they're intellectual and fervently engaged with two or three primary theories or area of interests (though they don't hesitate to offer their take on a spectrum of issues, arguing passionately and intelligently, though I get the impression that they're not as attached to these other topics, arguing for the sake of exercising their Ti and Ne).

They also seem to be more stable than INTP men - despite their innner intellectual life, they still engage to a healthy extent with constant friends. And they're laidback and have a good sense of humor, though there's some insecurity and awkwardness pegged to them. And people who are not close to them might find them somewhat disengaged and cold.

Or maybe I'm just talking about myself. I don't know. Ha.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Knowing what I am is hard, knowing how others see me is even harder.

I would imagine if you asked, though, you would get an array of seemingly conflicting responses.

To the girly-girls, I'm a straight up bitch or, at best, weird.

Others might say I'm combative (I tend to speak up when things are being done The Wrong Way) or cold and insensitive.

Still others see me as some rare and strangely attractive creature that's masculine in mind but very feminine externally (I dress the part; I like aesthetics).

I don't seek attention, it takes people effort and time to warm up to me, unless there is that rare instant connection.

I have my own interests and I follow them. I go places alone and it doesn't bother me.

I may be a P - this makes it hard for me to commit to things long-term - but I have my shit together.

I have been known to analyze things to death.

If a friend comes to me with a problem I have a bad habit of actually trying to solve it.

I also like to throw parties full of mixed social groups, read classic literature, paint, sing, garden, run, take pictures, sew, cook, watch football, and conduct research in theoretical physics. I'm interested in everything.

Don't know if that is what you were looking for.