• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] What are Female INTPs like?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like this?
187732650v8_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nice.

Here's a shirt I am getting rid of... too pink. Which is too bad, I liked the quote. :)

20090509_052.jpg

A lot of what Tallulah says about herself is typically my own experience as well.

I'm not foo-foo, but I can appear pretty femme sometimes if I happen to like the clothes aesthetically... but then again, on the weekend, while out, you can catch me in anything from sandals and a sundress to homemade cut-off jean shorts and an old t-shirt. It depends on how I feel at the time and the scenario itself as to what is most useful. I have fun wearing unconventional colors of nail polish and other dumb things like that. I don't like to be hemmed in or expected to look and act a certain way. While I don't like to create trouble just to draw attention (it goes against my purposes of maximizing self-freedom in the long run), I do like to surprise people by doing things or saying things they don't expect.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't like to be hemmed in or expected to look and act a certain way. While I don't like to create trouble just to draw attention (it goes against my purposes of maximizing self-freedom in the long run), I do like to surprise people by doing things or saying things they don't expect.

Iconoclasm at its best.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yep, I wear tshirts, jeans and flipflops a lot of the time. I can't be bothered to get too dressed up for going to the store or the post office. But if I'm going out to eat or to a concert or something, the urge to dress up and/or be creative kicks in, because it's special. I can suddenly be bothered, because I'm not obligated to do it a lot.

One of my favorite tshirts in grad school said "Blonde AND Smart," which I liked. I like to wear band tshirts and music-related tshirts, mostly. I wear this one a lot:

"Living In Harmony" - Music T-shirt by Josh Perkins

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"I don't date a lot because being my myself is much more pleasant than being with someone I don't click with and have to entertain. This leads people to assume that either there is something wrong with me or that I'm gay."

Yeah, tell me about it..

When asked 'out', my typical response is "I'm not one to date" or "I'm not into dating"..something to that extent. The usual reaction to that is a blank and confused stare and then the inevitable "Are you, like, gay or, like, something?"

:rolleyes:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't date either.
Most people are unsurprised by this.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I don't date either.
Most people are unsurprised by this.

Any of you INTP ladies ever gone on a date accidentally? I have...

For some reason a guy friend asking me if I want to go to this really great sushi place on Friday doesn't strike me as "date" (these guys are smart, and know how to come at my sideways). So I have, several times now, realized mid-bite that the person across from me is trying awfully hard to impress me, or acting a bit awkwardly, and oh shit...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For some reason a guy friend asking me if I want to go to this really great sushi place on Friday doesn't strike me as "date" (these guys are smart, and know how to come at my sideways). So I have, several times now, realized mid-bite that the person across from me is trying awfully hard to impress me, or acting a bit awkwardly, and oh shit...
Haha! Yes.
I went to a Hogmanay gig with a guy from work one year who was J enough to get a spare ticket. I had quite a surprise at midnight. Not as great as his surprise though.

There's oblivious, then there's INTP oblivious. :smile:

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Like this?
187732650v8_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

ha :D
i have shirts like that. although if people think these shirts will suceed in explaining your behaviour you're mistaken. my "i'm probably not listening to you" shirt hasn't had any of the effect i hoped it would.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

SO MANY TIMES. At first, it actually used to make me kinda mad, like it was a bait-and-switch. Then I realized that that's how most guys ask you out. It took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that. And to recognize signs of interest. I always just took them at their word that they wanted to hang out sometime. INTP chicks can be pretty oblivious.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually kind of like the obliviousness, I get to find out if I like her with out her expecting me to make any moves till I'm sure. Then I can (rather painfully) tell her, leave her to think about it, and hope for the best. ^^;;

F

figsfiggyfigs

I actually kind of like the obliviousness, I get to find out if I like her with out her expecting me to make any moves till I'm sure. Then I can (rather painfully) tell her, leave her to think about it, and hope for the best. ^^;;

although I am no INTP
however

I am the most oblivious person ever when it comes to figuring out if a guy likes me.

that is. ONLY if I like him; my judgment is quickly clouded by emotions, fear, curiosity, uncertainty, the list goes on... It really depends on just how much I like a guy for me to be able to see it.

if it's A LOT. does not matter if he says " I REALLY like you"

I'll still be like ".... :huh:...you mean like like? or just like?"

/ of pointless ramble...:doh:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me, it's more a case of avoiding the unintended awkward situation.
If *I* like someone, I'm not oblivious, because I'm paying attention, and I can read people pretty well. I'm just more often focused on something more interesting.

yupyupyup

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sooo these posts are kind of worrying me..How old is everyone here?
Because I've been hoping for someone I click with romantically for a while now. I know I'm only 18 but still, not ever having a bf has been concerning. Is it more likely for INTPs to find someone later in life? :/ i hope not

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because I've been hoping for someone I click with romantically for a while now. I know I'm only 18 but still, not ever having a bf has been concerning. Is it more likely for INTPs to find someone later in life? :/ i hope not

Aw, don't worry about it. INTP chicks are awesome! I just wish I could find one. The ones I've known have either been- just friends, not dateable for some reason, or they are dateable but something out of my control prevents me from making it a relationship (one for example was moving a few states away after the semester, FML).

Don't worry about it. Someone out there will accept you for who you are and you'll be happy! :D:hug:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP

I'm sure you'll find a boyfriend, if that's what you want. It's probably harder for INTP women to find a mindmate/soulmate, though, unless you're just one of the lucky ones. We're not really the type to just be with someone for the sake of having a SO, and we tend to want to explore and be independent, not tied down. But you still have a say in your own destiny, and are not pre-destined to be a crazy cat lady. :smile: