• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How you got your ideas

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
The same goes for the time in bed, before one falls asleep.

Yes, that is also a good idea time for me. I find that a lot of things flow together when my head hits the pillow. It's like all the foreground processes are stopped, and the processes that have been running in the background can now take over.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, bedtime is a great idea-generation time, I just wish it lasted longer before I fell asleep.

Like I've said numerous times before, there's nothing that feels worse to me than being unimaginative.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I'm breathing, haha... or especially when I'm travelling and/or drunk.

I heard a psychology professor say the mind works best when relaxed. Did you feel relaxed when traveling?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The best ideas I've gotten in life have come when I've pushed myself to my limits and have had to questions multiple "bases" on which my identity has been centered. Thank you for reminding me of this. I know what I have to do now.

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
Bedtime!

Waiting in lines

Reading Wikipedia, Google news or Tecnology Review.

Listening to others logistical problems, i.e. "If only they had this" or " Wouldn't it be cool if this happend." Then Being the INTJ I try and figure out why would someone dream of such a future. Once you know how people think you can create ideas around people's thought process.

AuroraBorealis

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Everybody knows that the best ideas always end up popping into one's head on the toilet. Since the invention of the wireless laptop, I've come to imagine most of you Internet people posting from atop your thrones of ceramic.

And if you are using your toilet-enhanced concentration, you would rightly conclude that this is why most of my own posts smell... funny.

well said, my friend, well said :)

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I'm breathing, haha... or especially when I'm travelling

x2 + slightly high (those are mostly introspection and revelations-about-myself stuff).

Ideas are semi-intelligent creatures from another dimension that use people as hosts to gain entry into the material world :) This seriously is the way my Ne sees them.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Listening to music helps me get ideas. Also, drinking coffee or a caffeinated beverage, going for a walk. Just getting into nature on a nice summer or spring day helps get the idea cycle flowing. Going for a swim can do this as well. Listening to people who inspire me talk about their creations also helps. One thing about ideas is they can't be forced. They just come when they choose to.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. When I am between wake and sleep. I gain a sudden sense of Hyperclairvoiance. The problem is remembering them.

2. In the shower, driving, and working. Something about physical activity makes me think more clearly.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is no particular moment or trigger for ideas. I'm lost in thought a lot so sometimes things just kind of come out of the blue.