• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How does peace work?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
compromises, boundaries, concessions, demolishing the opponents completely so that all you got are people who are either on your side or powerless to put up another fight. lose until you can't lose anymore and then you decide that peace will be a damn good idea.

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Simple:

1. You grab an eraser.
  2. You erase all circles, lines, and divisions on the paper.
  3. Make sure there aren't any boundaries left, so that it's clear and open.
  4. Peace.

Himself

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Very large magnets. But then this leaves us with the following question:

icp_how_do_magnets_work.jpg

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Peace is derived by fully living in the present moment.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
@ Himself: Magnets are easy. Please tell me how to get from magnets to peace...

@ Timeless: I don't think creating a single superstate would work. The independency wars will soon begin.

To me, it seems riches and trade are the key. Make sure that in your country it's allowed to build riches. A middle class will emerge. People from the middle class, especially traders, like peace.
Take eg. the European Union. The two world wars began within Europe, France against Germany. And they are just the most striking examples. History is filled to the brim with wars between European countries and regions.
I, being born well after the wars, I almost can't imagine France and Germany being at war! They are trade companions, there are open borders between them... The first step towards the EU has begun with the trading pact for coal and steel. At that time, the politicians thought France and Germany would never work together politically... but maybe economically.
And see where we stand now.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Well, when one of the four riders goes on vacation...

Timeless

Playnerd
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
@ Timeless: I don't think creating a single superstate would work. The independency wars will soon begin.
Cloudblue didn't explicitly say anything about people peace, foreign policy peace, nation peace or the likes. He might have implied it, but he just asked how peace worked.

P.S. The way I see it, a superstate is like a huge circle, it might be so vast and large, but it still has a ("state") boundary. I was talking about erasing that all together... philosophically speaking.

:)

VitaB

MBTI Type
ENTP
Peace doesn't work at all. The word "work" suggests that peace is some sort of force that is going to take over an act upon us. Peace is what could happen if people acted a certain way, not what is going to act upon us.
Einstein said: "The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking."
So after we all collectivley changed our thinking (which is goddamn near impossible), then we might be able to find a solution.

S

Sniffles

Tenille: Tell me, young man, what do you want out of life?

Homer: I want peas!

Tenille: We all want peace! But it's always just out of reach.

Homer: [moans] Uh huh?

Tenille: So, what's the best way to get peace?

Homer: With the knife!

Tenille: Exactly! Not with the olive branch, but the bayonet!