• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Favourite quote which comes to your mind?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
“Love is stronger than death even though it can't stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can't separate people from love. It can't take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
“A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
". . . human beings, all over the earth, have this curious idea that they ought to behave in a certain way, and cannot really get rid of it. Secondly, that they do not in fact behave in that way. They know the Law of Nature; they break it. These two facts are the foundation of all clear thinking about ourselves and the universe we live in." - C.S. Lewis

"Clark: Yeah, but I will have a degree. And you'll be serving my kids fries at a drive-through on our way to a skiing trip. Will: Yeah, maybe, but at least I won't be unoriginal." - Good Will Hunting

"The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights." - Ali

"Training is one of the most neglected phases of athletics. Too much time is given to the development of skill and too little to the development of the individual for participation. - Bruce Lee

“The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible.” - Nikola Tesla

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~ C.S. Lewis

"If there is only one possible unified theory - that is just a set of rules and equations - what is it that breathes fire into those equations and creates a universe for them to describe? Why does a universe go to all of the bother of existing? Is a unified theory so compelling that it brings about its own existence, or does it need a creator; and if so, who created him?" -Stephen Hawking

"People don't have souls. People are souls; people have bodies." - C.S. Lewis

"We must always remember that the point of argument is not victory but progress." - unknown

"Education without values only serves to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from making bad judgements." - Mark Twain

"Experience: that most brutal of all teachers, but you learn, my God, do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

"Love is not a warm or affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained." - C.S. Lewis

Within

Permabanned
"If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Classic.

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
"Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it" - anonymous.

I read that before I started college...I was reading a lot of self help/entrepreneurial books looking for inspiration to 'make it happen' in life/ career. I had no direction, and it helped me a lot. It put me in a different mindset, albeit one that required conscious effort to maintain.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Hector Louis Berlioz

"Don't take life seriously, nobody gets out alive." - anonymous

"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm." - Steven Wright

"A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good." - Steven Wright

Daedalus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
~ Henry David Thoreau

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
"Insanity is not a plea. It's a way of life!"
~ From the movie Malice in Wonderland

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I hope no one already posted it, its a famous one:

These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die, like fire and powder which, as they kiss, consume.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

"Lieutenant Dan, I brought you some ice-cream! Lieutenant Dan? Ice-cream!"

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rather like this one from the footer of TypC's very own "Take Five"

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "

--Niccolo Machiavelli

On a lighter note, I loooooove this quote:

"Life is what happens while you are making other plans."

--John Lennon
:)

Iriohm

MBTI Type
INKP
Enneagram
5w4
"Not all who wander are lost." - The "Strider" Poem, Lord of the Rings

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

"Be as you wish to seem." - Socrates

"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent, but if we can come to terms with this indifference, then our existence as a species can have genuine meaning. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Also Socrates

"I give to many, but share with few." - Anonymous

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." - Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

"The Rainbow is as valuable as the Pot of Gold." - I. Bladewalker (couldn't resist; I really like that quote)

"Find them and destroy them." - Agent Smith, The Matrix

"You lose." - Calvin Coolidge

"I´d like to apologize in advance for anything I may say or do that could be construed as offensive, as I slowly go NUTS!" - Jack O'Neill, Stargate SG-1

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
"I'm on a raft in the Pacific Ocean, I've collected some fresh water, but it's full of bird droppings, and it's rancid. Drink this, and you'd probably vomit and risk further dehydration. There is a way of using it to gain life-giving fluids, but only as a last resort. I'm going to give myself an enema."

- Bear Grylls

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
"words are weightless here on earth because they're free"

josh homme(queens of the stone age - walkin' on the sidewalks)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself turn into a villain
Harvey Dent-"The Dark Knight"

Desert

MBTI Type
intj
"I quote others only in order the better to express myself" - Michel de Montaigne