• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Favourite quote which comes to your mind?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle." - Phillips Brooks

"Morals — all correct moral laws — derive from the instinct to survive. Moral behavior is survival behavior above the individual level." - Robert Heinlein

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows the end of triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

"It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death it is then the truest valor to dare to live." - Sir Thomas Brown

“The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.”

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here's 2 in my head atm.

"Dr Bernard Hasslehoff says it's good to have dreams, just not stupid ones like mine." - Mary and Max.

"You're inappropritate you jerk with your big stupid face!" - 30 Rock.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
"Orgies aren't fun if no one wants to do it with you." - Dr. Steve Brule.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
''You know it's Monday when you wake up and it's Tuesday.'' Garfield

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
"As far as I can make out, edgy occurs when middle-brow, middle-aged profiteers are looking to suck the energy, not to mention spending money, out of the uote unquote youth culture, so they come up with this fake concept of seeming to be dangerous when every move they make is the result of market research and a corporate masterplan."

"I don't have low self esteem. It's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else."

"Life is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast."

"Look, I'm up to here with cool, OK? I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip, I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis."

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
"You've really created the illusion of depth."
"I'm thinking of going into politics."

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Without music, life would be a mistake."- Nietzsche

zimmy99

MBTI Type
INTP
“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” - Kurt Cobain

(According to wikiquotes it's actually not his quote, but it's a good one nevertheless).

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
"It never did any child any harm to try something that was a tiny bit above them anyway, and I claim that anyone who can follow Doctor Who can follow absolutely anything." -Diana Wynne Jones

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
"The demons wanted my penis" - David Berkowitz

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
Great spirits
have always encountered
violent opposition
from mediocre minds.
—Albert Einstein

"If you feel
you are getting screwed, generally you are."

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
I am able to love my God
Because He gives me freedom to deny Him.
—Rabindraneth Tagore

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." - Benjamin, "Poor Richard" Franklin.

If I had actually taken that to heart, I would probably be an FP.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
"My heart is stone and still it trembles" - Javert from Les Mis, in his suicidal song. That line's always resonated with me and I dunno why :tongue:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
"Experience teaches only the teachable." - Huxley

Green Feldspar

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Green Feldspar

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."

- Sylvia Plath