• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] SJ and NT and Eccentricity

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Found a cool quote: :)

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd.

~Edith Sitwell

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I want to marry an eccentric.

Jaguar

Love the quote, but the title of this thread is strange.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Ns retain a form of child-like innocence throughout their lives. For NTs in particular there's an abstract core that's timeless. Eccentricity maybe. I spent 2 hours on the train talking to two accomplished 60+ NT men today (as a 24 y/o NT woman just starting out in life), generally talking about life and joking around and I realised immediately that that would be out of the question with an SJ - I would just be young and they would mostly be old. It really warmed my heart to see the NT connection play out like that. :wubbie:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Eccentricity is wonderful.

Jaguar

generally talking about life and joking around and I realised immediately that that would be out of the question with an SJ

Will the ignorant stereotyping in this forum ever stop?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I spent 2 hours on the train talking to two accomplished 60+ NT men today (as a 24 y/o NT woman just starting out in life), generally talking about life and joking around and I realised immediately that that would be out of the question with an SJ - I would just be young and they would mostly be old.

:wacko:

Are you serious? Really? Are you serious?

Jaguar

I was just reading a thread where someone was talking about a person who said:
"If you have fresh fruit in your house, you're a sensor."

The only thing I can figure is the person who said that was in a car accident, and suffered brain damage.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
*looks a bowl of apples*
*hands in NF badge*

:laugh:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
Apples are dangerous. "Do you want one?"

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I'm working on the strawberries from my fridge. Mmmmm SENSESSSSSSSSS.

"I'm gonna need your NT badge... and your strawberries."

*thinks of a muffin recipe*
Because now that I'm an S I can cook! :jew:

Where did the eccentrics go?

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn

Yes, I have been there with (older) SJs* (and I know these men I was talking about, I'm not randomly assuming strangers I click with are NTs)...it is completely different. Not because SJs are inferior, it's a mutual compatibility thing. There just is a difference and communication with a much older SJ that's in a way different phase of his/her life is more difficult than communication with a fellow NT in the same situation. I guess I was happy to see that connection persist regardless of the external circumstances and I thought it was remarkable.

Why stereotypically discard/mock my reaction?

*I'll add "most SJs" if you want me to be politically correct.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, I have been there with (older) SJs* (and I know these men I was talking about, I'm not randomly assuming strangers I click with are NTs)...it is completely different. Not because SJs are inferior, it's a mutual compatibility thing. There just is a difference and communication with a much older SJ that's in a way different phase of his/her life would be more difficult than communication with a fellow NT in the same situation. I was happy to see that connection.

Why stereotypically discard/mock my reaction?

*I'll add "most SJs" if you want me to be politically correct.

Don't backpedal. You get more respect if you stuck with your story.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Don't backpedal. You get more respect if you stuck with your story.

In the NT section we don't backpedal, we explain!

Kidding. ;)

(no, but really I was explaining :D)

I don't understand the fuss.