• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] When INTPs like someone...

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Romantically, but don't want to admit it, do they show any signs? Any at all? Facial tics, body language, verbal suggestions, trends in behaviour and schedule, anything? If so, what?

HomerSoprano

MBTI Type
INTP
Romantically, but don't want to admit it, do they show any signs? Any at all? Facial tics, body language, verbal suggestions, trends in behaviour and schedule, anything? If so, what?

I used to treat people I was attracted to with lots of looks, silence due to shyness, clumsiness etc etc. Depending on how hot the person was I could treat her with mild verbal abuse if she wasn´t superhot. If she´s suoperhot I´d just stare and gawk.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd move in for the kill as soon as the opportunity presents. Not that I know what to do, I just push myself in their direction, with no plan. If I'd met more girls that I'd like, I'd probably get pretty good at it. Now that I think about it, I have a target atm, the only problem is that I don't know if I like her... which gives me all the more reason to push forwards really.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I start to make fun of them a lot. I put those tactics I learned in third grade to good use, baby.

ElizaJane

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
When we first met, my INTP husband couldn't make eye contact with me. And when I forced him to one day, I noticed that his pupils were huge. LOL. Also, he seemed to always be aware of where I was in the room, even though he didn't look at me. I could feel it.

Those are the only distinct things I remember. It's not like he never wanted to admit it though, so maybe that sort of situation yields different responses.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
If I liked someone but didn't want to admit it, I would just be a bit more nervous and erratic than usual when I was around them, I guess. Probably this transcends MBTI.

The question is, why would the one you are referring to not wish to admit it? :s This doesn't sound typically INTP to me. If someone makes clear to us that they are up for a romantic interest, I don't think many INTP's play "hard to get". If they like you I would think they would take up the offer.

But maybe that's just me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm more reserved than usual, and unusually polite.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I'm more reserved than usual, and unusually polite.

If I like you, I find reasons to be around you (but not in a clingy way), or reasons to linger (say after a group conversation) and plumb the depths with conversation a bit. I also notice my body language is very lined up with my feelings. In the car with my friend that I liked, I noticed that my legs and arms were nearer to the middle. When I was thinking about breaking up with my boyfriend, I would be leaned up against the driver's side window, one hand on the wheel, eyes straight ahead.

But I'm a bit of an expressed INTP, I'll make the first move if I feel like there's a good chance you return the interest.

Unique

I do everything I can to make them happy, I smile a lot around them, touch them more, try to be around them more, have lots of conversation (if I like them its probably interesting conversation)

If I'm genuinely interested in you I will simply just love to be with you, so chances are I'll be around a lot either online or offline

Might not seem obvious, but the INTP that usually doesn't open up to a lot of people it damn well is, most people always know when I like someone

If I only see you as a friend, the interesting conversation part still rings true and obviously I will still be there but the extras certainly wont be

My clumsy Fe seems to reer its head around someone I like, though some girls find inferior Fe to be cute

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'd move in for the kill as soon as the opportunity presents. Not that I know what to do, I just push myself in their direction, with no plan. If I'd met more girls that I'd like, I'd probably get pretty good at it. Now that I think about it, I have a target atm...

AtM? That's gross, dude.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think my INTP was particularly trying to hide it, but it still took me awhile to figure out he was following me around like a lost puppy. :doh:

atticus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 sp
OP: It's all in the eyes.

Try taking the reigns in steering the relationship where you want it to go, the INTP may actually be relieved that they don't have to deal with it. Don't grapple them like Ben Hur; Be sure to test the waters before jumping in.

Note: By being assertive in starting the relationship with an INTP, you are most likely accepting an unspoken agreement that you will be tasked with most of the emotional responsibility.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP: It's all in the eyes.

That sounds right, at least for the ones who haven't yet stretched and developed confident social skills.

INTPs are observatory, introspective creatures.
The eyes will give them away.
Watch their eyes and see what they are watching.

I wouldn't be surprised also to see more nervousness around people an INTP likes, since there's something at stake and/or they'd want to hide their feelings in order to not be exposed.

I think things shift a bit, though, the more socially confident they get.
There'll be a lot of listening if they don't know what to talk about, and insightful comments made about the content; or attempts to discuss a wide variety of deep impersonal topics, to try to "feel out" the person they like and see what they're made of and if something clicks.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I REALLY like someone...

I tend to become a blubbering idiot. :doh: I lose my poise and I honestly can't help it.

For me anyway. :blush:

Oh yeah, I blush a lot too.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everything I say around them ends up sounding stupid (in my mind), because I become more subjective whilst having such "feelings". And I equate subjectiveness to stupidity.