• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Could this be... an INTP villain????

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Johnny C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Johnny C (Johnny the homicidal maniac). I thought about it for a while and I think he might be INTP. He's always questioning and analysing himself and the world around him. He's a misanthrope and kills people who even slightly offend him. He kills usually to 'feed' his wall, but often just for fun. He is deluded yet is fully aware that he is. I remember one of the quotes was
"At least I'm under the impression that I'm serving some purpose." He spends a lot of time alone in contemplation and has an active imagination, even conversing with inanimate objects.

Of course it is hard to type someone that crazy but I think that fits. I also think Carnage might be an INTP villain. It's so hard to find any though. Are there any other INTP villains? At all? Ever?

Oh and if you disagree I'd love to hear what you think.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Believe you me, there are a LOT of INTP villains out there. Any villain that is devoid of morals, and seems to enjoy destruction for it's own sake yet still seems to be intellectual to some degree is an INTP. See: HK-47, Kefka Palazzo (Maybe.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Believe you me, there are a LOT of INTP villains out there. Any villain that is devoid of morals, and seems to enjoy destruction for it's own sake yet still seems to be intellectual to some degree is an INTP. See: HK-47, Kefka Palazzo (Maybe.)

This, they're just hard to notice. "Being evil" is usually secondary to the evil INTP. NTJ villains seem to want to replace institutions, usher in new paradigms, take over, etc. NTP villains have some sort of nebulous personal goal and societal or external change is usually a product of the fallout or aftermath of that journey.

HK-47 is a very good example actually. No wonder Revan liked him so much ;)

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I would think most stereotypical villians would be ENTJ, but the introverted types seem to fit INTP or INTJ.

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
Johnny C. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Johnny C (Johnny the homicidal maniac). I thought about it for a while and I think he might be INTP. He's always questioning and analysing himself and the world around him. He's a misanthrope and kills people who even slightly offend him. He kills usually to 'feed' his wall, but often just for fun. He is deluded yet is fully aware that he is. I remember one of the quotes was
"At least I'm under the impression that I'm serving some purpose." He spends a lot of time alone in contemplation and has an active imagination, even conversing with inanimate objects.

Of course it is hard to type someone that crazy but I think that fits. I also think Carnage might be an INTP villain. It's so hard to find any though. Are there any other INTP villains? At all? Ever?

Oh and if you disagree I'd love to hear what you think.

Carnage is an ENTP. He's very very talkative and extroverted.
Jonny...hmm... He's definitely INTP.

Hmm...
I wanna write a story now, with an ENTP ESTP villains that's best friends, walking around causing havoc for the sake of causing havoc.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I strongly suspect the Scarecrow from the Batman mythology of being INTP, but so far I've not seen one concurring nor dissenting opinion.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I was going to cite the Daleks, but then I realized that they were INTJ, as opposed to INTP. (J because they're rigid unto extremity, and have been used as an insult like 'Robot' in the US. EXTERMINAAAAATE!) Argh... All of the villains I can think of are a step removed from INTP. Ansem the Dark?

atticus

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5 sp
JTHM, eh. Vasquez, and to a degree, his characters are way too emo. I can't remember what MBTI website I read this on (There's oh so many) but it states something like one of the INTP's inherent flaws is that they always seem to assume everyone else is just like themselves.

If I had to pick, I'd say Wobbly Headed Bob was closer.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
JTHM, eh. Vasquez, and to a degree, his characters are way too emo. I can't remember what MBTI website I read this on (There's oh so many) but it states something like one of the INTP's inherent flaws is that they always seem to assume everyone else is just like themselves.

If I had to pick, I'd say Wobbly Headed Bob was closer.

He's not really a villain. He just pessimises people to death trying to get them to understand him.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I strongly suspect the Scarecrow from the Batman mythology of being INTP, but so far I've not seen one concurring nor dissenting opinion.

They ususally type him as INTJ, but it's a tough call.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
He doesn't strike me as having any other real goals than examining fear. Power, money, or social change aren't real motivators, he just wants to totally understand fear because it fascinates him. Seems INTP-ish.

Another INTP villain: Herbert West, the Re-Animator.

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Johnny C (Johnny the homicidal maniac). I thought about it for a while and I think he might be INTP. He's always questioning and analysing himself and the world around him. He's a misanthrope and kills people who even slightly offend him.

When I imagine an INTP villain, I think of the quiet kid from the bad family who everyone in the high school makes fun of until he shows up on career day with a couple of TEC-9s and lights the place up.

Ardent15

MBTI Type
INTP
My favorite villain, the Joker (from Batman), seems most likely to be an ENTP.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I usually type Joker as ENFP. I'm a very strong believer that Joker's a feeler.