• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Romantically Clueless ENTPs? lol wut?

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I mean WE KNOW ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING.

But for cereal yo.
anyone else have this issue...

this seems to be a common problem for plenty of other NTs, but it seems that people get the idea that ENTPs are someone exempt from this catagory due to they're general uhm... entpness?

It seems being clueless isn't somthing that deters entps... but what about when it is?

Did I lose anyone?

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5

But for cereal yo.

this seems to be a common problem for plenty of other NTs, but it seems that people get the idea that ENTPs are someone exempt from this catagory due to they're general uhm... entpness?

It seems being clueless isn't somthing that deters entps... but what about when it is?

Did I lose anyone?

My friend Taaj isn't the most romantic person, but all the ladies love him.
He knows a lot about everything and everyone around him. Even how to cater to a girls emotions and what to do and what not to do. But he's pretty detached and just doesn't feel much for them.

If they keep him entertained he'll be for it, otherwise not.

I'm an INTJ and very rarely feel very strongly towards the girls I'm dating as well. But aren't as proficient as he is with them.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I sometimes believe I might as well be an ENTP... so include me in this catagory.

I am Romantically challenged. ONLY when it comes to my own experiences, My friends call me the " love guru" , because I can be extremely good when dealing with other peoples situations, but not my own.

When guys compliment me with affection, I usually think it's just a objective remark( big head I know, LOL), I wont know they're trying to be sweet, until they say " YWIR, that was meant with AFFECTION"

then I'm like " OHHHHHH!!!!!!" :doh:

and I always seem to come off as a "flirt". I don't mean too, I just have a naturally flirtatious personality( it's what I hear), and I guess, I falsely charm some men into thinking I have the hots for them. -_-. It has gotten me in a lot of trouble. ><

I'm becoming " better" at it. but apparently " better" is just another term for " awkward" :p

When I'm IN a relationship, all that awkwardness, and misinterpretation of everything just disappears on it's own. I guess, me being romantically challenged has a lot to do with me not knowing what situation I'm in ( if it is a romantic one, or a platonic one). Once I know where I stand. I'm rather pro with it. :)

However, until I know. 300%( probably 1000%) where I stand, and where the other person involved stands. I'm a lost cause.

god. I'm hopeless......

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am Romantically challenged. ONLY when it comes to my own experiences, My friends call me the " love guru" , because I can be extremely good when dealing with other peoples situations, but not my own.

Join the club. :p

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Romance is definately not my strongest subject. My friend once told me, if I liked a girl who I like speaking to, because I always flirt with her. :shock: I gave him the wtf look because I don't even know what flirting is or how to look for sign that someone is flirting with me.

Another thing, It's always supprising to me how easy I can burn bridges regardless of my relationship with that person. I can be attracted to someone physically, but if they can't challenge me verbally...I completely loose interest. I don't know, I just like something more after the initial conversation of introduction ends.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can be attracted to someone physically, but if they can't challenge me verbally...I completely loose interest.

anyone else notice some irony? :devil:

(sorry... that somehow made me giggle :blush:)

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
anyone else notice some irony? :devil:

(sorry... that somehow made me giggle :blush:)

I see what I did there :). But, the irony here is that you think I meant intelligence. Two people could be intelligent but have nothing to talk about because they don't have the same interest. Nor, did you take into account the possibility that someone might not be a native english speaker. But, you are right...grammar is not my strongest subject, so you might run circles around me when it comes to that subject. But, we can still be friend :).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nah, I got what you meant, I was just having fun there :devil:

*and note, if they ARE loose that may bring some hope for some loving! :holy:*

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP

But for cereal yo.

Did I lose anyone?

You lost me! What does "But for cereal yo." mean?

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
nah, I got what you meant, I was just having fun there :devil:

*and note, if they ARE loose that may bring some hope for some loving! :holy:*

Agree, I will sacrifice my otherwise impossible standard for the sake of loving :yes:.

tedboles

MBTI Type
ENtP
Cereal = Serious

South Park, Al Gore reference there.

zzzzzzzzzzt

lasdf23

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
and I always seem to come off as a "flirt". I don't mean too, I just have a naturally flirtatious personality( it's what I hear), and I guess, I falsely charm some men into thinking I have the hots for them. -_-. It has gotten me in a lot of trouble. ><

When I'm IN a relationship, all that awkwardness, and misinterpretation of everything just disappears on it's own. I guess, me being romantically challenged has a lot to do with me not knowing what situation I'm in ( if it is a romantic one, or a platonic one). Once I know where I stand. I'm rather pro with it. :)

That's exactly what I wanted to say!!

There usually are more than a few people interested in me at any given time, but I have only reciprocated interest in 2 so far. Guys always seem to develop something for me due to my supposedly flirty personality (I think I'm just being nice...), and when I inevitably crush their hearts by being honest, they somehow all choose to completely cut their ties with me, when all I want to do is be their friends again. That all hurts me a lot.

I wouldn't say I'm clueless if someone likes me, but I'm clueless as to how to handle those situations without complicating the issues.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's not unusual for guys to have crushes on me, but I generally don't notice it unless friends point it out or the guy is really really obvious. There are sometimes guys who don't know me very well and try to impress me. None of them have succeeded yet, but I sometimes befriend the ones that survive my slaughter of their attempt. :D Very few have... I can apparently be intimidating. :thinking:

Anyway, I'm sufficiently oblivious (in a relationship) to hurt the poor guy, and I'm easily bored. :sorry: I think I'll wait a bit more before trying to date again. I hate hurting people, but my interest doesn't necessarily last that long. Hopefully I'll find someone who I do continue to like.
I also tend to move on from friends and lose touch, because I seem to move too quickly for them to keep up. :cry: It's a problem. I want a friend who I can keep for longer than just a few years. It's lonely, but it's even lonelier to be with people I've outgrown. I make new friends quickly, but I can never get as close to people if I don't stay around for long.

proximo

I could not possibly be more clueless.

I have no idea what flirting is, how to distinguish it from just "being friendly", and I've only say once or twice in my entire life to my knowledge, actually flirted on purpose, for the duration of like, one sentence per time, and yet been accused of it to my bafflement many, many times.

I cannot tell if someone's interested in me - if they even came right out and said it, I'd think it was a dare, a bet, or a joke I'm failing to get. And if I'm interested in someone else I haven't a fucking clue how to tell if I have a chance. I mean, the last time I made an advance to someone, believing I had ample evidence that they were interested - and really for me that has to be a SHITLOAD of evidence, the person professed to be shocked and surprised, and said they liked me but not in "that way", and I don't know whether that was her being a bitch, deliberately leading me on for attention and then pretending innocence when it backfired, or whether she was genuine about that and I'd just misread the signs. I also dunno whether anyone else would've read those signs the same way I did.

Yeah, you get the picture. I'm completely clueless.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
the more i care, the less i'm able to be objective.

fortunately, that hardly ever happens.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an INTJ and very rarely feel very strongly towards the girls I'm dating as well.

i always got a strong f vibe from you, something really far away from an intj

S

sammy

I sometimes believe I might as well be an ENTP... so include me in this catagory.

When guys compliment me with affection, I usually think it's just a objective remark( big head I know, LOL), I wont know they're trying to be sweet, until they say " YWIR, that was meant with AFFECTION"

then I'm like " OHHHHHH!!!!!!" :doh:

I'm becoming " better" at it. but apparently " better" is just another term for " awkward" :p

However, until I know. 300%( probably 1000%) where I stand, and where the other person involved stands. I'm a lost cause.

god. I'm hopeless......
WORD.

I'm not into assigning labels until the other person suggests it... I care very deeply for people I'm interested in though. It confuses the hell out of me. I would prefer the guy just tell me he likes me more than a friend and sees potential with me, rather than leave me in my own head guessing. :cry:

I am often purposefully clueless because trying to start a relationship with the unwilling has left me to resort to the "detachment" strategy in order to not be controlled by how I feel (in an unrequited situation).

Hell. I always think I'm in unrequited situations because it's easy enough to like someone, but to actually be in a relationship with them is something I wish the other person would take more initiative over. FML XD