• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Are ENTJ's ever intimidated?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJ's, do you ever feel intimidated by people or does that just not happen? If so, what are the characteristics of the person/people that have intimidated you? Someone who is clearly more knowledgeable than you in terms of the discussion at hand? Maybe someone who is able to expose a weakness of yours? Someone who can refute something you said? Anything?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes.

By other ENTJs.

That's not true at all. ENTJs are probably the least intimidating type since I already know their weak spots and can quickly pick up on what theyre thinking

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTJ's, do you ever feel intimidated by people or does that just not happen? If so, what are the characteristics of the person/people that have intimidated you? Someone who is clearly more knowledgeable than you in terms of the discussion at hand? Maybe someone who is able to expose a weakness of yours? Someone who can refute something you said? Anything?

I'm going to have to go ahead and say no just because I wouldnt really classify it as "intimidated". I'd go with helpless or frustrated.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think I'd want to be anywhere near an ENTJ who managed to get intimidated by something. Probably a long the lines of a cornered wild animal...

F

figsfiggyfigs

I don't get intimidated easily, if i feel challenged by something, I am more determined to defeat it.

However, I don't think ENTJ's aren't intimidated at some point in their life by SOMETHING. It doesn't have to be by a person, maybe a situation. etc..

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Not sure if intimidated is the word, but you can beat them down like you would an aggressive dog, through simply having a solid argument, backed up by facts, which trumps theirs, and then shouting this argument at them, step by logical step, in a public meeting, in front of the whole organization.

They then resort to tert Se (tcda could you, out of all the people int he room, do x menial physical task, please?) or to be being ultra-friendly and establishing common background and values (Fi), prob in order to get me back at a later date (still pending).

still, it was a.) necessarry and b.) fun.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Not sure if intimidated is the word, but you can beat them down like you would an aggressive dog, through simply having a solid argument, backed up by facts, which trumps theirs, and then shouting this argument at them, step by logical step, in a public meeting, in front of the whole organization.

They then resort to tert Se (tcda could you, out of all the people int he room, do x menial physical task, please?) or to be being ultra-friendly and establishing common background and values (Fi), prob in order to get me back at a later date (still pending).

LOL sounds about right, If they hate you, they will probably do that, if you earned their respect; they will show it : )

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm pretty sure any of the ExTx types can operate without fear.

At a very early age I came to grips with the fact that I could and would die. Shortly after that I got over pain, when I realized it is temporary.

Once you are not afraid to die and you are not afraid of pain you are truly fearless. :yes:

T

ThatGirl

Sometimes, by large groups baning together against myself. Which tends to be a common theme as most people do not feel comfortable challenging me directly. I am good but there is strength in numbers and it throws me off UNTIL I have a chance to assess the entire dynamic.

T

ThatGirl

Not necessarily, I am not opposed to a solid argument and will sooner change my tactic, then fight a losing battle.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually think ENTJs and ESTJs feel fear and threatened sooner and more often than other types. But they just act out against it, rather than become timid.

Like someone who has to carry around a gun at all times and sees potential perpetrators everywhere. Those are ExTJs. :yes:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting. Not to change the subject, but since I've got all these ENTJ's gathered together, why is it that an ENTJ manager I knew would always bolt for the door as soon as there was any hint of an office birthday celebration or any kind of gathering that wasn't work related? As an INTP, I don't like those kinds of things myself, but I would begrudgingly participate 75% of the time. The ENTJ would literally vanish. Nowhere to be found.

a) Waste of time, it's not productive, you've got better things to do
b) Lame "S" activity
c) No opportunity to use Te
d) You don't like cake
e) All of the above

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds to me like the INTJ response.

Regarding the OP, I have not seen ENTJs intimidated, but I have seen them fundamentally shaken, one by family tragedy/difficulty, the other by experiences serving in Iraq. We all have things that get to us, one way or another.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Interesting. Not to change the subject, but since I've got all these ENTJ's gathered together, why is it that an ENTJ manager I knew would always bolt for the door as soon as there was any hint of an office birthday celebration or any kind of gathering that wasn't work related? As an INTP, I don't like those kinds of things myself, but I would begrudgingly participate 75% of the time. The ENTJ would literally vanish. Nowhere to be found.

a) Waste of time, it's not productive, you've got better things to do
b) Lame "S" activity
c) No opportunity to use Te
d) You don't like cake
e) All of the above

Hmm sounds way more like an INTJ thing but I guess I would say its either :
a) They dont like the people involved and feel like nothing interesting or productive will be gained from it, and dont want to put in the effort feigning SF-like interest and follow social rules.
b) They know you guys dont like them or that they wont fit in and they dont want to bother experiencing the massive awkwardness that will ensue

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
ass-kissing thread.

captain_obvious.jpg

Do you think they'll admit being intimidated?

According to ENTJs, ENTJs won't die even when they fall off a 300 story building.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
you know what Thatgirl.

I'd seen an ENTJ was about to get run over by a truck going at a speed 150mph, and the truck was just stopped and crushed by the sheer power of an ENTJ hand. And the ENTJ only use one hand to stop and crush the truck.

True story, you better believe it.

Lark

Not ever intellectually, sometimes physically and mainly in terms of power, like can that person have me dismssed from my job, that kind of thing, although I tend to find there's only a few of those people are actually my intellectual superiors, some are more saavy, more politik, but that's it.

I get intimidated by tall women, especially those taller than me, I dont understand whether its a cultural thing or something buried deep in my unconscious.