• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Are ENTJ's ever intimidated?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I think you guys are shooting in a wrong direction.

If you want to intimidate an ENTJ it is unlikely that you will intimidate him/her by harsh language , threats , physical violence , scary scenes/pictures etc.

However more subtle things might work.
Here are some examples

1. If you know how to hit their F side with ease while being quite polite and understanding. So that they can't just yell at you.
The best topics for this are usually something that is related to thier past. (especially if they didn't get quite over it even after so many years.

2. Study their life and past and try to get as many facts as possible. Then try to make a good argument that they are "driving" in a wrong direction for 20 years now. This works especially well in the case where options are limited.

3. They have the weakness of all Es. Which is that they really need people. So if you manage to create a good argument that it is likely that they will be left pretty much alone or even worse complety out of the game that can lead to discomfort from their side.

If you want to intimidate an ENTJ you will have to do through logic since emotional arguments are not likely to work. Or you simply must find a way to their Fi. Since they have a discomfort with the idea that someone can take them with a single "shoot" before they even have the time to react and fight. Or idea that somone can make their strenghts useless or obsolete.

Also just if it is hard too intimdidate them and they are also good in hidding it that does not mean that it is not there.
However if we are talking about stereotypical and/or psychotic ENTJ or ENTJs in ENTJ mode the odds are pretty much zero.

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you want to intimidate an ENTJ it is unlikely that you will intimidate him/her by harsh language , threats , physical violence , scary scenes/pictures etc.

This thread is about what might intimidate an ENTJ, not how to go about intimidating an ENTJ. And if the above tactics worked, you would actually resort to using them? Pretty psychotic.

1. If you know how to hit their F side with ease while being quite polite and understanding. So that they can't just yell at you.
The best topics for this are usually something that is related to thier past. (especially if they didn't get quite over it even after so many years.

2. Study their life and past and try to get as many facts as possible. Then try to make a good argument that they are "driving" in a wrong direction for 20 years now. This works especially well in the case where options are limited.

Why would anyone ever want to do all of this?

3. They have the weakness of all Es. Which is that they really need people.

Es aren't the only ones who need people, assuming that they even do. Needing people is not a weakness.

If you want to intimidate an ENTJ you will have to

It's interesting to me that you're the only one who thought this was the topic of the thread.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
ENTJ's seem to me to be defined by courage.
It isn't courage that defines us. We ultimately just don't care, and hence never get rattled.

INTJ v ENTJ

[YOUTUBE="DkOsImjXcQs"]INTJ v ENTJ[/YOUTUBE]

F

figsfiggyfigs

true.

I don't think you would intimidate an ENTJ by bringing up the past. Esp if they had a very bad one. I think they'd probably be more pissed off that you would bring it up, esp knowing that they've had a hard one.
Also, I believe they'd be more uncomfortable sharing personal information in the first place. I for one, don't share ANY personal information that is not general to anyone other than my best-friends/very close friends.

A. That would be supremely creepy. .
B.telling an ENTJ that they are going in the wrong direction, is like calling them stupid or telling them they have bad judgment(ie...stupid). Like INTJs(or anyone in that case), Entj's do not like someone negatively commenting on their competence/intelligence. If you are rationally speaking to us about our judgment, I don't see how any ENTJ would fall for " a good argument" about the wrong decision, when it IS the right decision--it would be a very difficult and lacking argument. Besides why would someone do that? even an ENTJ would think that's pretty damn evil lol

3. They have the weakness of all Es. Which is that they really need people. So if you manage to create a good argument that it is likely that they will be left pretty much alone or even worse complety out of the game that can lead to discomfort from their side.
Needing people is not a weakness. I don't have the need for people at all, in fact, all my best-friends don't even live in my country anymore, I only see 1 good friend every few weeks. I spend most of my time at home, in my own world, doing something productive that does not require human-to-human communication; I do this because I choose too. (maybe this is why I'm scoring INTJ these days....)

If you want to intimidate an ENTJ you will have to do through logic since emotional arguments are not likely to work. Or you simply must find a way to their Fi. Since they have a discomfort with the idea that someone can take them with a single "shoot" before they even have the time to react and fight. Or idea that somone can make their strenghts useless or obsolete.
Honestly... I don't think any of these are accurate except the last one, because it hints at " losing control"

That is the only thing I can CLEARLY remember right away when thinking about becoming intimidated. When I don't, and can't control something, that is when I acutally feel intimidated. I like knowing I can control the odds of how things turn out. If I can't control something, I wont know the probabilities, which is NOT good, and stresses me out.

Also just if it is hard too intimdidate them and they are also good in hidding it that does not mean that it is not there.
However if we are talking about stereotypical and/or psychotic ENTJ or ENTJs in ENTJ mode the odds are pretty much zero.

Whatever someone has done to intimidate an ENTJ, it is VERY likely they will hide it, we like staying strong, and controlling our selves, and how we appear infront of others. If we lose control of ourselves, we will lose control of the situation.

It isn't courage that defines us. We ultimately just don't care, and hence never get rattled.

INTJ v ENTJ

LOL awesome!! :laugh:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This thread is about what might intimidate an ENTJ, not how to go about intimidating an ENTJ. And if the above tactics worked, you would actually resort to using them? Pretty psychotic.

Why would anyone ever want to do all of this?

Es aren't the only ones who need people, assuming that they even do. Needing people is not a weakness.

It's interesting to me that you're the only one who thought this was the topic of the thread.

Why did I post that ?
To get get this.

true.

I don't think you would intimidate an ENTJ by bringing up the past. Esp if they had a very bad one. I think they'd probably be more pissed off that you would bring it up, esp knowing that they've had a hard one.
Also, I believe they'd be more uncomfortable sharing personal information in the first place. I for one, don't share ANY personal information that is not general to anyone other than my best-friends/very close friends.

A. That would be supremely creepy. .
B.telling an ENTJ that they are going in the wrong direction, is like calling them stupid or telling them they have bad judgment(ie...stupid). Like INTJs(or anyone in that case), Entj's do not like someone negatively commenting on their competence/intelligence. If you are rationally speaking to us about our judgment, I don't see how any ENTJ would fall for " a good argument" about the wrong decision, when it IS the right decision--it would be a very difficult and lacking argument. Besides why would someone do that? even an ENTJ would think that's pretty damn evil lol

Needing people is not a weakness. I don't have the need for people at all, in fact, all my best-friends don't even live in my country anymore, I only see 1 good friend every few weeks. I spend most of my time at home, in my own world, doing something productive that does not require human-to-human communication; I do this because I choose too. (maybe this is why I'm scoring INTJ these days....)

Honestly... I don't think any of these are accurate except the last one, because it hints at " losing control"

That is the only thing I can CLEARLY remember right away when thinking about becoming intimidated. When I don't, and can't control something, that is when I acutally feel intimidated. I like knowing I can control the odds of how things turn out. If I can't control something, I wont know the probabilities, which is NOT good, and stresses me out.

Whatever someone has done to intimidate an ENTJ, it is VERY likely they will hide it, we like staying strong, and controlling our selves, and how we appear infront of others. If we lose control of ourselves, we will lose control of the situation.

Thanks for the honesty. :yes:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Stop your frustrated ENTJ-rants already. It's getting more and more boring with every topic.

Learn to handle your emotional shit or get the fuck out. Thank you.

frustrated? Who is frustrated?

I am merely being part of the kissing ass program.
But if you don't like what i post, don't fuckiing read it, its that simple.

G

Ginkgo

When I was a little wiry headed boy, mah momma bought me a puppy. I named him Lil' Richard.

Lil' Richard barked at EVERY white dude who came by through our white washed fence. He wasn't scared of no one.

Then one day mah sis got this lil mirror for her makeup and dropped it on the floor when she was pourin' grape drink in a cup.

Lil' Richard went over, looked in the mirror, and bounced like a schizophrenic in a funhouse. It was funny as shit.

I think Lil' Richard was an ENTJ.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
However more subtle things might work.
Here are some examples

This might work to frustrate them, to make them feel uneasy about you, to make them angry while pointing out their weaknesses etc., I still don't think these work if you want to intimidate someone.
If you really want to, you could resort to basic cognitive patterns rooted deep in the human psyche, symbols signs etc.

Yeah, this.

I think Lil' Richard was an ENTJ.

Sometimes trolling has a lot of truth. :yes:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Delusional.jpg

NTJ.jpg

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I would assume that as power hungry as we are percieved as being that anything that threatens to take that power away from us would be the best first step, but even this would have to be done at an early enough stage as to limit the amount of power the said ENTJ would have. Once the web is constructed it's very hard to find where it's held together. Obviously it is fun to think about deconstructing and trying to dominate something or someone, but I think the check that we are all forgetting about is (if the functions are working properly) the need for effeciency. If Rationals in general don't see the reason behind something there is a chance that they might themselves tone it down a few notches and relinquinsh the control without the need of forcing them into submission through intimidation or any other form of manipulation.

Violator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Occasionally I'm intimidated by a beautiful woman, but I will never let her know.

As far as someone being more knowledgable than I am, I will typically find a way to utilize that person into working for me.

Most of the time, people find me intimidating. I lack patience with idiocy and incompetence, especially people who who don't understand simple definitions of ideas.
I've been trying to tone it down though, and having been smiling more to seem less intimidating. Typically I wear a snarky grin on my face or else a scowl.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Uhh, demotivationals are supposed to be funny or witty... this is just an unrelated photo with a black background. I suggest you go back the store you purchased your wit from and ask for a refund.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

I hate to say it, but that actually looks like a guy who procrastinated his life away or didn't hold down a job. In which case, I'm going to say that fellows in his position are more likely to be xNTP.

xNTJ's aint perfect, but they usually hold down jobs and don't consider homelessness an option.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Uhh, demotivationals are supposed to be funny or witty... this is just an unrelated photo with a black background. I suggest you go back the store you purchased your wit from and ask for a refund.

I thought they were funny.

Nothing can get an NTJ down!!!

I guess I'm weird :p

Violator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I hate to say it, but that actually looks like a guy who procrastinated his life away or didn't hold down a job. In which case, I'm going to say that fellows in his position are more likely to be xNTP.

xNTJ's aint perfect, but they usually hold down jobs and don't consider homelessness an option.

Nah! INTPs are too smart to be homeless. They are probably living off their ESFJ wives and making money by playing online poker.

That homeless guy above looks like some luzer who probably engages in bestiality and looks for all the homeless dogs to engage in his little adventures (hence homeless)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Nah! INTPs are too smart to be homeless. They are probably living off their ESFJ wives and making money by playing online poker.

That homeless guy above looks like some luzer who probably engages in bestiality and looks for all the homeless dogs to engage in his little adventures (hence homeless)

That is so awesome :D

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Intimidation, fear or the lack of fear, may not be all that much related to how someone answers questions on the MBTI. The quality may not even be immediately obvious in some who have it, and what may appear like fearlessness in some may in actuality be something else.

There are many ways to be fearless and many ways to become fearless. The toddler-daycare example given in this thread brought up a couple of good points: (a) we may consider ourselves fearless but some situations will prove us wrong (just the idea of coping for hours with crying children), and (b) coping successfully with experiences that had seemed overwhelming (hours, or years, with those crying children) may teach us that we are stronger than we knew.

In general, extroverted people, such as the type in question in this thread, may have exposed themselves to more varied or challenging experiences. And there's the genetics of thrill-seeking or anxiety-proneness to consider. But many people, initially fearful, live through trauma or tragedy or major illness, and the effect in some cases is subsequent fearlessness.

And as someone said here also, not caring -- for whatever reason -- can have the effect of making a person fearless.

This comment could actually apply to any type I would think:

I'm pretty sure any of the ExTx types can operate without fear.

At a very early age I came to grips with the fact that I could and would die. Shortly after that I got over pain, when I realized it is temporary.

Once you are not afraid to die and you are not afraid of pain you are truly fearless. :yes:

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

INTJ v ENTJ

Thank you sir for answering the question.

We don't care if we get intimidated or not, we just don't care period. It may seem odd, but "intimidation" only fuels our drive to be better, and yet better we become.

I don't care if someone intimidates me, I just care about how I can use that intimidation against that person someday, and also use it as a driving force to fix my lack of defense or counter intimidation therewith.