• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Satan is ENTP!

Stol11

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well I think Satan has been pretty well sketched out by most people. However I see him as ENTP or ESTJ depending on the interpretation. If you take it from the Bible that the devil is working for God rather than as an enemy of him, he is an ESTJ, following orders to the letter such as with JOB. If he is God's enemy then I believe he would be ENTP, he would have to have been clever enough to come up with a plan to rebel against God and he is clearly most effective at manipulation, as with his attempt on Jesus. He clearly was not effective at manipulating from the sidelines, being too independently motivated and impulsive he probably saw rebellion as the only alternative, and as has been suggested ENTP's find it easy to get into trouble.

What I say about God is that he is clearly not interested in peoples feelings and likes to have ultimate control. Of course the Bible is completely contradictory and my opinion of God's malevolence from some passages could easily be read as different by others.

The God of the Bible, particularly the old testament is definitely ENTJ, he is obsessed with fulfilling his goals and working hard to achieve them, as in creating the world. He regularly intervenes to delegate to others such as Moses and Abraham and you certainly wouldn't want to cross him, think about what he did to Jonah and the Great Fish or even the great flood. He clearly does not care for peoples feelings, happy to sanction mass murder because he considers it necessary for his project.

Modern God is far more introverted (I know as an entity he doesn’t exist), he no longer intervenes in Human affairs, happy to allow bad things to happen to good people, Events of which I'm sure are still working towards his ''great project''. He no longer wishes to dominate but instead is happy to create plans and schemes masterminded from heaven.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
It just occured to me that it is quite unlikely that Satan is a ENTP. ENTP Satan would be pretty satisfied being God's right hand man and simply pissing him off and manipulate him. It is highly unlikely that he would be bothered to make a place called hell and rule there. It is too bold. ENTPs are bold but they are not stupidly bold. Satan started a fight with God. The almighty God. It was bold. But it was stupidly bold.

Would an ENTP would do such a miscalculation?

And mind you manipulating the Christian, Islamic, Judaism God isn't that hard. Look how easily Abraham did it. (I am referring to the Gotham city incident.) The way Abraham tackled God was too easy and even laughable. And if Abraham could do it Satan definitely can.

Ps - Have to admire Abraham there.

Satan is not a ENTP!
Satan was God's right-hand man for a while. And he did piss him off and manipulate him. As I recall, Hell came a long time later.

Take any organization with lots of diligent workers, a tyrannical president, and an ENTP vice-president. The ENTP will sooner or later tire of putting up with the bullshit and make a grab for power; they cannot abide incompetence, which is how they will perceive inconsistent leadership.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think I'd say ENTP for Milton's Satan. Any takers?

Lavos

MBTI Type
ENTP
But ENTP one that seems to be Ne but turns out to be Te and Ni, or one that seems Te and turns out to be Ne and Ti? Which 'ENTP' is it :eek:?

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Only because the authors were sensors themselves.

But shouldn't the authors then identify themselves with the heroes, as opposed to the villains? Or maybe it's that they turn Satan into themselves, only evil, in order to better understand who they are?

Milton's Satan always fascinated me. He is quite clearly evil, yet at times it seems almost as if Milton sympathizes with him.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Satan was God's right-hand man for a while. And he did piss him off and manipulate him. As I recall, Hell came a long time later.

Take any organization with lots of diligent workers, a tyrannical president, and an ENTP vice-president. The ENTP will sooner or later tire of putting up with the bullshit and make a grab for power; they cannot abide incompetence, which is how they will perceive inconsistent leadership.

According to some traditions, Satan was really cool with listening to God until he made people. God said that the angels should serve man but Satan said that men were inferior to him and refused to serve them.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I quickly contemplated and what I don't quite understand is the fact why Satan was able to rebel. Angels weren't given free will, or so some believe. If this fact were true then this would mean God wished/allowed it to occur. This makes it sound like God was using him (Satan) as an example, but why would he need to create an example to a being that he had complete control over... I see a tremendous contradiction here. Unless you say it's an example for us. This would mean that the rebellion occured while man was alive... that's a strange aspect to grasp.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I quickly contemplated and what I don't quite understand is the fact why Satan was able to rebel. Angels weren't given free will, or so some believe. If this fact were true then this would mean God wished/allowed it to occur. This makes it sound like God was using him (Satan) as an example, but why would he need to create an example to a being that he had complete control over... I see a tremendous contradiction here. Unless you say it's an example for us. This would mean that the rebellion occured while man was alive... that's a strange aspect to grasp.

GOD DOES NOT CONTRADICT HE ISP ERFECT GO TO YOUR HELL AND BE SINFUL THERE

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
There can be no good without evil. God and Satan are just names for abstract concepts. I believe the underlying idea is that God allows Satan to exist in order to show what is not accepted. But Satan is created from God - therefore there is, or maybe was, evil in God as well. Two sides of the same coin, I guess.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

There can be no good without evil. God and Satan are just names for abstract concepts. I believe the underlying idea is that God allows Satan to exist in order to show what is not accepted. But Satan is created from God - therefore there is, or maybe was, evil in God as well. Two sides of the same coin, I guess.

So many aspects of this I question, but would VERY quickly derail this thread.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
So many aspects of this I question, but would VERY quickly derail this thread.

I question it too, that's why it was so vague. That's what I think right now, but if I thought about it some more, I could probably give you a more thorough answer/observation.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Mine questions existence more than good and evil though.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
every time you say GOD DOESN'T EXIST an angel loses its wings

sooner or later they're all gonna be flying around DBZ-style

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't think he doesn't exist I just find that how he is described is wrong.