• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Satan is ENTP!

gromit

likes this
Yeah, I'm not actually convinced that Satan/Lucifer is necessarily evil in the various creation myths.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Anyways, that's another thing that bothers me... if satan took on the form of a snake... and tricked Eve into eating the apple... then if God is supposedly all seeing and all knowing... why did he *NOT* punish satan, but instead punished *ALL* snakes by taking away their legs?

Ricky Gervais noted that taking away legs is not really punishment for a snake. :tongue:

BTW apparently a big factor for my mother breaking with catholicism was Jesus cursing the olive tree. Of all the reasons!

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Satan is too abstract to put a type on. Unless you are actually stupid enough to imagine him as a defined being.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Satan is too abstract to put a type on. Unless you are actually stupid enough to imagine him as a defined being.

Is this a way of admitting that he doesn't exist without having to explicitly admit it to onself or others?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Satan is usually depicted as ENTJ, on occasion being depicted as INTJ or ENTP. If he existed (He probably doesn't), he's likely some kind of NTJ.

God is an ENTJ turned into a pussified ENFP.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ah good point! If somebody is conceited they must be an NTJ! That's genius, now I know the type of well over 50% of people I've come across!
I never said that NTJ made people conceited. I simply said that conceit was an argument for I on the I/E axis, but things like this ultimately depend on how you interpret I/E, be it as enjoying introverted or extroverted activities, or simply having more skill working alone or with other people. Also, your jumping to conclusions and sarcasm seems to lend this situation a certain irony.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I never said that NTJ made people conceited. I simply said that conceit was an argument for I on the I/E axis, but things like this ultimately depend on how you interpret I/E, be it as enjoying introverted or extroverted activities, or simply having more skill working alone or with other people. Also, your jumping to conclusions and sarcasm seems to lend this situation a certain irony.

Your original post did sound quite conceited in itself and I think it was an understandable reaction. Also, neither of the factors of I/E you mentioned have anything to do with being conceited.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's what I'm wondering too, actually...

Two perspectives are in play: One which demands satan's existence, and one which does not. From the existent perspective (Judeo-Christian) you can generally surmise that rebellion against The ultimate power that defines the rules for all existence is evidently an act of extreme evil. Barring the debate for the created owing their creator everything in a life-debtish manner. Then there's the fact that his insertion into the Garden of Eden and thus, the cause of the mortality and intrinsic imperfection of humanity would require misanthropy. In any event, a human would call a misanthropist, "Evil" in some way, shape, or form. As an addendum, any rebellion against Someone whom you owe ultimate allegiance to constitutes a similar crime as the aforementioned, yet another point.

From the non-existent perspective(Atheistic, Agnostic, some religion that is not Judaism or Christianity) you simply have an authority figure and a rebel. If you're using the description of satan within the texts that appear in both the biblical old testament and Talmud, (Which does NOT go hand-in-hand with demanding his existence. At this point, it's the analysis of a literary character.) Now for the arguments for the presence of satan's morality. 1, Katsuni's, "That God was a jerk, and banished him from paradise because he wouldn't kneel without reason." Actually, that doesn't cover all the source material. For one, the previous point that, "An ENTP[Satan] would look at that and demand a reason to worship, proof of awesomeness, and would take things very poorly if they were told to sit down and shut up." Doesn't fly due to the fact that satan's rebellion was based on a combination of arrogance, and envy. "I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."-Lucifer, Isaiah 14:14. Given context, "make myself like" implies envy as opposed to rebellion based on a lack of proof given. Seeing as how envy requires acknowledgment of what the envied possesses, I don't currently see how that argument flies. Furthermore, if you're going to try to argue that there's more aside from the OT and Talmudic sources, then honestly speaking you're acknowledging the existence of Satan, and therefore God. At which point, you only have Judeo-Christian texts, thus creating a contradiction.

Also, Oberon, this topic doesn't demand Satan's existence. See: Typing of Anime and Video-Game characters.

O

Oberon

Also, Oberon, this topic doesn't demand Satan's existence. See: Typing of Anime and Video-Game characters.

Perhaps, but at the very least the question requires willing suspension of disbelief in the character's existence. In other words, within the framework of the question, we must be willing to entertain the existence of the character as a precondition to deriving an answer.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Satan is usually depicted as ENTJ, on occasion being depicted as INTJ or ENTP. If he existed (He probably doesn't), he's likely some kind of NTJ.

God is an ENTJ turned into a pussified ENFP.

That is very insightful! What type is a rhinoceros? An INTJ no doubt as he is very big and strong, yet not very aggressive, so can't be an ENTJ. You know INTJs are very strong-willed and independent, not afraid of anyone, but they are also unimposing and quiet! Perhaps some rhinos are pussified enough to be INFJs or ISFJs, you tell me.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That is very insightful! What type is a rhinoceros? An INTJ no doubt as he is very big and strong, yet not very aggressive, so can't be an ENTJ. You know INTJs are very strong-willed and independent, not afraid of anyone, but they are also unimposing and quiet! Perhaps some rhinos are pussified enough to be INFJs or ISFJs, you tell me.
I'm going off biblical descriptions. Old Testament God is a son of a bitch ENTJ who destroyed entire cities if they pissed him off. New Testament God is a much more cuddly ENFP.

Rhinos are probably ISTP. ;)

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm going off biblical descriptions. Old Testament God is a son of a bitch ENTJ who destroyed entire cities if they pissed him off. New Testament God is a much more cuddly ENFP.

Rhinos are probably ISTP. ;)

Why are Rhinos ISTP? You don't see a problem with the kind of typological reasoning you're enmeshed in?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are Rhinos ISTP?
They are neither dutiful nor sociable, nor sentimental. Dogs for example are all three, and are ESFJ.

You don't see a problem with the kind of typological reasoning you're enmeshed in?
Why would I? It's fun typing animals, fictional characters, fictional deities and inanimate objects. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would I? It's fun typing animals, fictional characters, fictional deities and inanimate objects. :D

Does the fact that you can use the same system to type animals, inanimate objects and people suggest that the system is altogether worthless? We type or classify people on the basis of their differences, however, they must also be comparable to one another otherwise the distinctions between them are impertinent. The same is to be said for many other taxonomies such as those of zoology or anthropology. Anthropologists may place people in cultures into a set of categories, however, they would not have animals in any of those groups, and vice versa holds for zoology. The scope needs to be limited. Furthermore, the characteristics that are used to define the types are rather superficial and applicable to virtually any person. I can be both sociable and reserved, does this mean that I am both an extrovert and an introvert. Similarly, I can be both aggressive and passive, does this mean that I am both an ENTJ and an ISFJ? Using the system its easy to construct an interpretation of any person's behavior as compatible with him or her having virtually any of the 16 types. If we use those personality characteristics as definitions of an individual's type, why don't we take somebody's name, eye-color, height, weight or race as a suggestion that they are an ENTP, ENTJ, INTJ and so forth. Oh wait, socionics have already done that, they think that a specific corresponds with a certain kind of a bodily structure, their profiles actually describe what ESFPs look like. My name is Aleksey too, does this mean that I should change my type to ENTP?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
spanking-kidsjpg-e8ceb7b4d2b86d0e_large.jpg