• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Any NT's dating anyone?

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I am just wondering, and I hope you don't get offended when I ask this. When I first read your response, I looked at your type because I was pretty surprised when you said MBTI is psychobabble, it said you were a ISTJ and now I see you are INTP. I wouldnt think an INTP would say that MBTI is psychobabble.

April fools?

MBTI is fun, and I think that the way a person tests, or what type a person thinks (s)he is, can tell you something meaningful about that person, but MBTI is too vague to be taken too seriously.

That is, insofar as thought and language is a mirror of nature, MBTI is to human psychology as Nu descendant un escalier n° 2 is to a nude descending a staircase.

Last edited:

eagleseven

MBTI Type
INTJ
Dating, in the sense of finding someone who I can efficiently complement in the long-term while having copious amounts of gratifying sex, thus generating feelings of love? Yes.

Dating, in the sense of finding a soul-mate? No.

Unique

I've got along well with ENFPs, unless they become too needy/clingy... then they scare me a bit

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am just wondering, and I hope you don't get offended when I ask this. When I first read your response, I looked at your type because I was pretty surprised when you said MBTI is psychobabble, it said you were a ISTJ and now I see you are INTP. I wouldnt think an INTP would say that MBTI is psychobabble.
Mine wouldn't probably call it psychobabble, but once he got a basic handle on the theory, he pretty much lost interest. He humors me when I talk about it, which is nice.

It is kind of psychobabble, though, isn't it? There isn't a lot of real science behind it and professionals in the social sciences don't give it much, if any, recognition. IMO, it's interesting and sometimes helpful psychobabble, but certainly it's nothing to take very seriously.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I'm an xNTJ (probably INTJ) in a very happy romantic relationship with a sort of ENxP. To explain her type, she displays marked amounts of both Ti and Fi, and very little Te or Fe. She also displays far more Se than Si, but she's quite clearly some form of Ne-dominant - she seems to just have an extremely weak inferior. I'm guessing ENTP for her based on the fact that it fits her slightly more than F does, but she could easily be a particularly nerdy F. We do have our little spats on occasion, mostly spurred on by me saying the wrong thing at the wrong time (generally trying to make one of my characteristic snarky jokes and it coming off the wrong way) or her acting angry towards me when she's in a bad mood about some other event that occurred (forgive my utter nerdiness, but I think the best way to explain it is by saying that she matches the tsundere stereotype perfectly), but overall we fit quite well together, and are both extremely happy with our relationship. We would do virtually anything for each-other.

Before her, there was only one other girl that I ever dated - a definite ENFP, though a rather unhealthy one. That relationship... erm... didn't work out so well, to put it bluntly. After about six months, she started complaining that I was too "rigid," "manipulative," "clingy," and "obsessive." She had problems of her own (in the mental department), but I won't go into detail on those. I'll just keep it short and say that she was a lunatic.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not currently in anything serious. I've mostly only dated F's. Even when they were T's they weren't N's (I like S's, but N's are very rare in my experience, so I really don't know what to tell you there).

I don't hold much up to the whole type compatibility thing. I just look for someone who can tolerate my stubbornness and Ni-based humor that I also find enjoyable. :D

tedboles

MBTI Type
ENtP
Been with INFP (tooooooo needy!) and ESFP (I just don't get them AT ALL) and currently with an INFJ.

She's great! I mean, I wish she wanted to go out more and all feelers are infuriating sometimes, but, all in all it's the most fulfilling relationship I have ever been in.

I think this is due to us both having Fe. Her's is more dominant than mine and consequently I think I may be the more selfish one. Not nearly as selfish as my INFP ex though! No offense to anyone but dominant Fi, especially in less mature people, can be soooo whiny and selfish.

Both of us are pretty into MB and the "psychobabble" surrounding it and we have been talking recently about how Fi needs Fe but not the other way round.

Two Fe types together seems much more even and balanced and that is something that every aspect of every relationship should strive to achieve.....among other things.

Not to trash on Fi to hard, but in my life it has been the cause of lots of heartache.

Violator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Greetings. I am new here too. I found out about the MBTI after I had to take a test for grad school.

Anyhow, I've just ended a relationship a few weeks ago with a woman whom I suspect was ENFP. We got along great in the beginning, but we decided to go our separate ways mainly because of personality conflicts. She just didn't get my snarky humor.