• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] The Softer Side of ENTJs

T

ThatGirl

We are not all business and what not....

Say something decent and positive about an ENTJ you have known.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
In all seriousness: I loved him - my ENTJ - for nearly 26 years. After finally learning about MBTI I could begin to point to some of the places we 'clicked'. I miss his down to earth decisiveness.

H

Hate

We are not all business and what not....

Say something decent and positive about an ENTJ you have known.

My dad's an ENTJ

He's verbally abusive, impatient, cold-hearted, has no empathy and is ALL BUSINESS..

Don't even get me started on the negatives.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
My dad is also an ENTJ and has mellowed considerably through the years. Not that he never had a soft side, it just comes out more often now.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have much experience with the type, but...

ENTJs use Te with a skill that simply amazes me. I find it incredibly warm when I'm looking for a bit of perspective and an ENTJ takes the time to throw together some brilliant plan for the future full of ideas I hadn't even remotely considered.

Also, in my experience once you earn the respect of an ENTJ they can go out of their way to express it... you know... as long as they have an excuse reason to. :laugh:

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
....is also made of bricks.

Reinforcement, in an event someone tries to change an ENTJ's opinion using cheap trick like emotions or feelings.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't have much experience with the type, but...

ENTJs use Te with a skill that simply amazes me. I find it incredibly warm when I'm looking for a bit of perspective and an ENTJ takes the time to throw together some brilliant plan for the future full of ideas I hadn't even remotely considered.

Also, in my experience once you earn the respect of an ENTJ they can go out of their way to express it... you know... as long as they have an excuse reason to. :laugh:

Very well put!!

F

figsfiggyfigs

I know I always say " entj's collect peoples souls cause we don't have our own" ... but honestly...

It feels really weird saying this.... but.. we have souls too!!

On the serious note.

I may come off as too objective, cold, emotionless, and strict at times but My real friends know I'm a kind, understanding, and loving person. I will go out of my way to make life easier for someone I care about deeply.. If someone hurts someone I care about . All hell will break loose!

Secretly, I'm a total softy... ><! shhhhhhhh

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
They show a softer side when you are in a common struggle with them and have genuinely earned their respect. One of my best friends is ENTJ, and while he isn't someone who will be touch regularly (like myself), those are things, he's never forgotten.

On the other hand the ones chronically on cocaine who you happen to be on the opposing side to and repeatedly clash with, aren't so friendly! surprising that.

PS VI Lenin was an ENTJ. He expelled the party member Bogdanov from the Bolshevik Party many years before 1917 and they denounced each other in the harshest terms. But on the night of the insurrection in Ocotober 1917 he expressed that "if (he) had one regret it was that Bogdanov couldn't be there" and that "surely a finer fellow never existed". I found that moving.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I suspect most ETJs are judged, rather unfairly, on their occupational styles instead of their individual styles. Socially, they can be quite different and are often a tremendous amount of fun.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I will share a few examples from an ENTJ friend:

1. I can rely on her when I need her. She regularly gives substantial practical support to other friends and relatives facing some very difficult situations.

2. She is very concerned about and active in her local community. She donates money, volunteers time, and sets an example by how she lives in order to improve the neighborhood for everyone.

3. She has no apparent prejudices, and takes people as they are.

4. I witnessed her sharing her personal grief experiences with an acquaintance who had just lost a parent, providing the kind of emotional support we seldom credit to ENTJs, or NTs in general. (I would not have been nearly as effective, or comfortable, doing it. Perhaps E vs. I, plus she is older and wiser than I am.)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I suspect most ETJs are judged, rather unfairly, on their occupational styles instead of their individual styles. Socially, they can be quite different and are often a tremendous amount of fun.

you react to the world how you perceive the world.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had an ENTJ friend who always liked to appear to be the coldly all business type... his dog ran away and was hit by a car and the poor guy was devestated... almost everyone was surprised, I wasn't... I'd already learned that he was a nice guy because if I could make him laugh in an argument he'd usually concede that I had a few good points that I'd made of my own :laugh:

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
If someone hurts someone I care about. All hell will break loose!

I have witnessed this from my brother (ENTJ). He was fiercely protective of me and my sister growing up. We were untouchable and the few unlucky souls who didn't get the memo paid the price.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTJ women I have always naturally found sexy yet I had often been somewhat intimidated by them and gave them a wide berth. More recently I have been taking baby steps toward them to discover them better without getting my head bit off. Its kinda like approaching a crocodile or pit bull in that you are best not to show any fear or weakness. If they decide to "shit test" you (and they will) have to pass not only without getting very upset or without becoming a doormat but with high marks.

If we allow it, then we oddly complement each other and make good partners in crime and have some great laughs.

In bed they are the best!...so far.

Softer side? Hmm yeah they have it. Usually its not on the surface (what appears to be anger pops up more often than any other emotion, an expressive lust perhaps second sometimes immediately after the anger :shock:) except in more extreme circumstances or sometime simply out of the blue it pops up. Usually it is best to be calm and a good active listener when they get like this (although again like a shit test simply pandering is unacceptable in the long term). They may take it out on you at these moments but like being a father of a child having a tandrum...its best to take their barbs without over reacting and slowly guide them to where they can cool their head or otherwise need to come to.

Spamtar

F

figsfiggyfigs

I know I always say " entj's collect peoples souls cause we don't have our own" ... but honestly...

It feels really weird saying this.... but.. we have souls too!!

On the serious note.

I may come off as too objective, cold, emotionless, and strict at times but My real friends know I'm a kind, understanding, and loving person. I will go out of my way to make life easier for someone I care about deeply.. If someone hurts someone I care about . All hell will break loose!

Secretly, I'm a total softy... ><! shhhhhhhh

I'd like to quote myself and add...

I was just having a conversation with one of my best friend, and I couldn't find the word to describe an " emotion " I had.. she sarcastically added

"you have emotions???" :shock:

ROFL!:devil:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been attracted to the VERY few ENTJ women I've met in my life but they've wanted to do with me. C'est la vie.

The mature ones are awesome, good leaders and they have an attitude about business and work that I can get behind really easily.