• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What are your IQs?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm taking everyone's serious self-reported IQ, and subtracting 10-15 points in the interests of accuracy.

Formula: (reported iq) - (100) = x. x/2 = the percentage to deduct from their reported IQ.

This also works on the off chance that anyone says their IQ is something like 80. After all, they're using a computer, right?

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
gettting lowur ever day.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
118 before attending an institution of higher education.
122 while attending an institution of higher education.
102 after attending an institution of higher education.

Conclusion, a business university makes one more dense or IQ tests are bonk.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
114 - That's ABOVE AVERAGE, meaning I AM SPECIAL!?

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Meh, IQ annoys me. I don't know for sure what mine is. It seems to fluctuate.

Off of the top of my head, I think my lowest score was around 116, my highest was around 130. (Scores via official testing administered by psychologist or whatever, I don't even bother with those online tests.)

The best part is that both of these tests were taken with not too much time elapsed between them, hence my first sentence.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Despite IQ being complete bunk...
I've never been tested officially.
Of the tests I've taken online...I've gotten anywhere from 105 to 130ish..
The most recent one I took I got 112, though I was drunk at the time...and I ended guessing the last third of the test because I got impatient..

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Despite IQ being complete bunk...
I've never been tested officially.
Of the tests I've taken online...I've gotten anywhere from 105 to 130ish..
The most recent one I took I got 112, though I was drunk at the time...and I ended guessing the last third of the test because I got impatient..

Yup, IQ is mostly horsepoo. I once took a semi-official like test, (with time limits and the such) and scored 138. But I was younger and unaware of the true dimensions that make up the concept of IQ. A realization that left me utterly and completely disinterested in even bothering ever testing again.

Intuitives will score higher then sensors, because the IQ test favors those cognative processes, this creates a biased or limited view of the term intelligence. Not to mention that even people with seriously high IQ's can manage to accomplish nothing. And the ones with lower IQ's can still accomplish almost anything. So there is no apparant practical use of knowing ones IQ. Basicly, if you know your IQ, then everyone that is say 35 points above or below you, has near similar potential than you have (the actually differences between people usually lie with their motivations but IQ alone is not much of a variable in this.). More than 35 difference? Okay, you'll probably have the advantage. Still, it's pretty pointless and should probably just be called the Intuitive quotient. Instead of the Intelligence quotient.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Intuitives will score higher then sensors, because the IQ test favors those cognative processes, this creates a biased or limited view of the term intelligence.

I dislike this criticism of IQ tests. It's like complaining a 100m race doesn't adequately measure upper body strength.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dislike this criticism of IQ tests. It's like complaining a 100m race doesn't adequately measure upper body strength.

To add on your simile, the critisism is because it's like people say that a 100m race adequatly measures upper body strength.

So it's not the test itself I critisize, but the way people use it as a tool.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To add on your simile, the critisism is because it's like people say that a 100m race adequatly measures upper body strength.

That I'll agree with.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have never taken an IQ test, and am undecided if I ever will. Part of me is curious; part of me rejects any objective validity to the test itself and therefore believe it would be a waste of time and money.

Then again, it would be fun to join Mensa and mock it, were my IQ up to par.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yup, IQ is mostly horsepoo. I once took a semi-official like test, (with time limits and the such) and scored 138. But I was younger and unaware of the true dimensions that make up the concept of IQ. A realization that left me utterly and completely disinterested in even bothering ever testing again.

Intuitives will score higher then sensors, because the IQ test favors those cognative processes, this creates a biased or limited view of the term intelligence. Not to mention that even people with seriously high IQ's can manage to accomplish nothing. And the ones with lower IQ's can still accomplish almost anything. So there is no apparant practical use of knowing ones IQ. Basicly, if you know your IQ, then everyone that is say 35 points above or below you, has near similar potential than you have (the actually differences between people usually lie with their motivations but IQ alone is not much of a variable in this.). More than 35 difference? Okay, you'll probably have the advantage. Still, it's pretty pointless and should probably just be called the Intuitive quotient. Instead of the Intelligence quotient.

That I'll agree with.

I fully understand these points, and I think you put it better than most, Fluffy, but the fact of the matter is: show me an animal with iNtuitive-type intelligence. Cuz I can show you a bunch that have Sensor-type intelligence. As much as I am against the idiots who think all iNtuitives are smarter or better than all Sensors, I think it's likewise idiotic to just deny that there's nothing *different* (and I mean that in a particular way) about iNtuitive intelligence. Intuitive intelligence, simply put, is higher up on the evolutionary ladder. It is a higher order thinking. We did not start as iNtuitives, and then became Sensors. We started as Sensors and then became iNtuitives. As I said before, I reject simplistic notions about this matter. But nothing I've seen thus far, and, frankly, I've seen plenty, has shown me anything different.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fully understand these points, and I think you put it better than most, Fluffy, but the fact of the matter is: show me an animal with iNtuitive-type intelligence. Cuz I can show you a bunch that have Sensor-type intelligence. As much as I am against the idiots who think all iNtuitives are smarter or better than all Sensors, I think it's likewise idiotic to just deny that there's nothing *different* (and I mean that in a particular way) about iNtuitive intelligence. Intuitive intelligence, simply put, is higher up on the evolutionary ladder. It is a higher order thinking. We did not start as iNtuitives, and then became Sensors. We started as Sensors and then became iNtuitives. As I said before, I reject simplistic notions about this matter. But nothing I've seen thus far, and, frankly, I've seen plenty, has shown my anything different.

Last I checked, you are either born a sensor or an intuitive and you remain that way your entire incarnation, incapable of change or evolution, and although you could evolve functions such as intuition to a higher state, whether or not it is a preference is predetermined.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Individuals don't evolve in the same way species do.

Oh I think I get it now, that the reference to evolving intution was not on the short term level of one incarnation, but was part of the spiritual evolution of man on the cosmic scale of the aeons.

Epic facepalm!

137.jpg