• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to get this INTP to like me?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
And what's your reasoning behind that?

Particularly, if someone asked them whether they were trustable, answering yes would make your statement wrong, but answering no would make them untrustable, so I'm gooing to go with statement is wrong.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Trust comes from warning others about trusting people, including themselves...?

You said "so trustable", the "so" is very suspicious.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Oh well that's crap then.

ok so assuming that the things you've been told about her here are true (which to be fair to her, they may not be), I would say "she sounds annoying and a lot of effort for meagre rewards, I'll go for someone else instead" :tongue:

PS it's TRUSTWORTHY not TRUSTABLE! (at least in Britain maybe you colonials murder the language).

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't find her annoying. I love to be around her. She has a great sense of humour, very smart, shares many of my interests, very intuitive, normally quite casual. I'm assuming that that idea comes from how I said she is misanthropic. Well I realise that may have connotated that she is always depressed and angry at everyone or complains all the time. This is not true. It's just when she sees problems and injustice or the topic is brought up she tends to be overly negative on that sort of aspect and occasionally it gets a little silly, like what I've explained. But normally she is great fun and also good to have deep philosophical conversations with. But I'm feeling a little more relaxed about it now anyway. I still like her, but I think I'm just going to see where it goes. Maybe in another month or 2 I'll have another breakdown of anxiety and desperation but getting back to school has made me less socially stressed.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Personally I'm male so obviously in relationship advice, this is a big factor regardless of her also being intp.

but what I like in terms of personality and also my experience what intp women like is someone who will be forward and flirtatious but at the same time chilled out, self-assured, and not at all intense or clingy or needing to be "taken care". Oh and there has to be physical attraction and sexual chemistry as well (those previous things are what add up to sexual chemistry IMO).

Spot on. I agree 100% with this.

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How to get an INTP to like you... Find a specific topic of an intellectual nature that she enjoys, and study it. Try observing what she reads, what she does well in, what sort of topics she mentions and the like. Also, if she seems to be unable to answer questions about certain things, that are closely related to another topic, assume that said topic is what she's interested in. Also, (speaking from personal experience only) we're not so much misanthropic as resentful towards the rest of the world for it's idiocy. ;) In the end, that's up in the air as to if it's part of her INTP-ness.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
When it comes to romantic relationships, the best way to make a person interested in you is by spending time with them. After a while, you will see if she "likes you in that way" or not.

There is no magic bullet... except maybe for this:
Become a video game.