• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] I hate being INTP

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam: :BangHead:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam: :BangHead:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?

There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
As long as you don't kill yourself you will notice its better than the alternatives. If you don't believe try forcing yourself to be an ESFJ for a week.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

Can you be more specific about what you don't like about it? Explain it in general, and I'm guessing there's a particular situation that got you to write this post.

There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.

Hah, an INTP who feels like he or she is on top of the world is usually an ENTP. Though they're all to stubborn to admit it.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Hah, an INTP who feels like he or she is on top of the world is usually an ENTP. Though they're all to stubborn to admit it.

How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.

They aren't?

Just kidding.

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE

Most of the time it's enough to be content, but happiness will do the rest of the time. For me it was learning not to apply the standards of others as to what it takes to be happy - sometimes it seemed to work for them, but just as often I discovered it didn't, being just one more attempt on their part to find some elusive pleasure from life.

An INTP should be able to find the answer, except it will likely be different for each of us. It took years to realize my own judgment was the best course to follow.

Really good books always help the journey.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
What's wrong w/ being an INTP? You guys are so smart and so much potential!

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Learn to Like the traits that come easily/naturally to you, the ones that put you ahead of others and as for your less than desirable traits, everyone comes with that baggage. I don't always like being an INFP either, but self-pity and whatnot won't get you anywhere different, won't make you anyone else. The only difference between you and the other happy ones is that they don't spend time pitying themselves, not difference of functions. It's what I have learned; I am prone to envy.

"I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists."

Everyone is extremely dissatisfied with something. The ideals I believe in do...not...exist in more than 2.7% of the population.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'll trade you. i've decided i hate being an enfp too.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I bet you are very clever, aren't you?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Star working on a over complicated plan on how to escape from your head...or open yourself to find a SF who will hug, sweeze and baby you till you cant take it no more.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8

Learning how to knock oneself out of the observation mindset and take action when necessary and when it will affect one's life positively was key for me. Knowing when I got to the point of overanalyzing was as well.

On a related note, taking life by the balls has nothing to do with type and has quite a positive effect on one's psyche.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Learning how to knock oneself out of the observation mindset and take action when necessary and when it will affect one's life positively was key for me. Knowing when I got to the point of overanalyzing was as well.

On a related note, taking life by the balls has nothing to do with type and has quite a positive effect on one's psyche.

Nicely put! All very important for the INTP personality.

I especially like the "feel free to analyze things, but do not overanalyze". It's so easy to do, but so very fruitless and time consuming.

Related to "taking life by the balls", I have learned/am still learning to "just own it". Just do you, live life to the fullest, make no apologies (unless you've really caused some hurt - which will happen on occasion), and OWN IT!

In my own head, I think in innovative and bold ways, but in the presence of others it's always been so easy for me to exude this soft-spoken, apologetic, "poor me", I'm going to cater to the needs of the group, type of persona.

That doesn't mean to not show compassion. It just means get out there and do what you do best to the fullest regardless of what others may think or say.

StoryToTell

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Don't fall into the trap of "I AM this personality type, this is what I do." It's just a self-perpetuating cycle and you may end up excusing yourself with that safety net. I hate how ridiculously P I am, for example. However, if I can get excited enough about plans I'd like to carry out (with Ne), then I am more inclined to plan carefully. Make it work for you. You are working within general preferences, not boxes that dictate your behavior.

capricorn009

I know what you mean. Sometimes I hate being an ENTJ because its not easy when being a free thinker makes you realize something's not perfect but no one else also wants to do anything about it.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
You don't, you just stop caring.
I think that's the problem, I just don't care about stuff.
Can you be more specific about what you don't like about it? Explain it in general, and I'm guessing there's a particular situation that got you to write this post.

well like I said, it's TONS of things(I can't list it all). I just happend to blow up in the heat of the moment. I'm calm now(I think I have mood swings). I just happend to miss my deadline for crap load of stuff, now I'm gonna fail. I don't have any motivation to do anything.

I'm skilled with crap load of stuff but not great at ONE thing...... it's because in my sillly mind I know I can achieve it so I don't even bother trying :cry:

I'm sick of not being able to have normal human interaction :puppy_dog_eyes: (too much stuff to explain with this part so just ignore this statement)

How did those successful INTP get they're where they are now?

parents on my ass, life is meaningless right now(and stressful).

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
If you're not using Ne much, start. It's our interface to the external world.

Little_Sticks

Well I hate my type too. Deep down I'm a damn INTJ. If I make too many plans I get depressed when most of them fail, so I end up going through highs and lows and having a hard time reconciling the things I try so hard at and end up failing at. I love how INTJ is called The Mastermind. Maybe they only get seen that way to the people who don't really know them that well because the natural focus of their intent is on viewing and understanding everything around them. I'm embarrassed to put INTJ because I don't live up to the super-smart image (and I'm not bad at using Fe when I want to), and I'm not really a bookworm unless it's something technical that I'm interested in.

So you're not the only one...I think if I could have a superpower it would be the ability to be seen as an ESTJ to the world, but think and process things like an INXX type. Wow, I have a lot say tonight, don't I?

Goodnight.