• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] I hate being INTP

veins

I'd say having some sort of balance is nice. Also, a change in perspective from time to time.

Or nihilism.

Who knows.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I will say that the nice thing about being an INTP is that what's socially expected of you is so little, that any indication of effort is met with extreme enthusiasm.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I will say that the nice thing about being an INTP is that what's socially expected of you is so little, that any indication of effort is met with extreme enthusiasm.

Yes! The other day I wore a skirt for a job interview. I got lots of "Oh. My. God. You're a girl!!!!!!!!!" from people who knew me.

I found it highly amusing.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam: :BangHead:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?

unrelated but awesome Wayne Reynolds avatar

there's nothing wrong with being INTP. Use that frustrating curiosity for the greater good (whatever that means to you).

yupyupyup

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm an intp and..i get it :/ one thing you forget about all the crap you haven't been doing and how you've wasted the majority of your life. wake up tomorrow with a blank slate and be everything you want to be (hopefully you know who that is)

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I certainly enjoy being my 'type'. It's so relaxing, I feel as if I understand exactly what I'm going to get from life, where I'm going to go, how I'm going to get there. So the only thing left to do is enjoy it and get busy. Only problem I have is that it's so difficult for me to get busy. Liquid laser once pointed out in his blog, that you need four things in life everyday to be happy:

Spirituality
Sociality
Intellectuality
Physicality

ity ity ity. Satisfy this and you'll be happy, regardless of your type.

Unique

Yeah, pretty much just time-killing during a deliberately quiet period in my life. But I reckon in a thread that starts out with:

Explaining that I have Ti loops, and that they usually make me unhappy doesn't sound so irrelevant to me. It does sound like refreshe123d is stuck in his head sometimes, just like me.

And no offence taken.

Actually I didn't get that impression from refresh at all, he seems like he is trying to be something he isn't

While YOU might not enjoy a long session of Ti thats INTPs DOMINANT function, it sounds more like he is trying to do something else, worrying about things that ESxx types might give a shit about

Best thing an INTP can do is get a lot of thinking time and alone time in. I'm not even going to bother suggesting to open up to people more etc because there's already so much expectation and non stop extraverted type behavior going on that its impossible to avoid that stuff.

The unavoidable interaction is MORE than enough for an INTP

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually I didn't get that impression from refresh at all, he seems like he is trying to be something he isn't

While YOU might not enjoy a long session of Ti thats INTPs DOMINANT function, it sounds more like he is trying to do something else, worrying about things that ESxx types might give a shit about

Best thing an INTP can do is get a lot of thinking time and alone time in. I'm not even going to bother suggesting to open up to people more etc because there's already so much expectation and non stop extraverted type behavior going on that its impossible to avoid that stuff.

Unavoidable interaction only? I don't think that's enough.. but okay, I agree.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

Before making assumptions, let's wait what refreshed has to say.

Besides. I never even talked about sociability and interaction with other people! You just started about that out of the blue.

To rephrase, INTPs have a tendency to think a lot, this can be good to find solutions to problems, but it can also reinforce this INTPs frame of mind: "INTP kicks out at the world, the world kicks back, a lot harder!"

zimmy99

MBTI Type
INTP

Haha this one had me laughing out loud. Very true :yes:.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Before making assumptions, let's wait what refreshed has to say.

I have no idea what you want from me :confused: . these are the things I hate. most times I have no idea what the society want from me.

as INTP we're suppose to be highly "intelligent" but knowing the fact I can educate myself anytime is good enough for me.... :( I swear I'm one of the least educated INTP ever existed.

I don't even argue or debate with anyone caues I don't see the point of it. In my head I'm always right. why spend energy and time to argue with them? this caues me to be more introverted than ever. I rarely talk to anyone and I dislike most people.

I don't want to depend the "internet" for my feelings and give any personal info but I did drop out of school last quarter which makes me more emotional I guess.

I feel so empty inside.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have no idea what you want from me :confused: . these are the things I hate. most times I have no idea what the society want from me.

as INTP we're suppose to be highly "intelligent" but knowing the fact I can educate myself anytime is good enough for me.... :( I swear I'm one of the least educated INTP ever existed.

I don't even argue or debate with anyone caues I don't see the point of it. In my head I'm always right. why spend energy and time to argue with them? this caues me to be more introverted than ever. I rarely talk to anyone and I dislike most people.

I don't want to depend the "internet" for my feelings and give any personal info but I did drop out of school last quarter which makes me more emotional I guess.

I feel so empty inside.

The older you are the better you become able to handle things, not to mention, you become smarter. The boost can be exponential, just remember to always learn from your mistakes and pay attention to life. Things tend to go up from here on :yes:

Invisiblemonkey

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ok, that's a common misconception. We're not emotionless, we just don't act on our feelings as much. People commonly think that emotion and emotion that makes you act are the same thing, they're not. Personally, I just understood that... A few days ago? Not sure. You can never really kill emotions, they're there. Just think about this a bit more. That's what we're good at, right? Also, look at human thought process: 1. Encounter Information, 2. Analyze Information, 3. Check information against memory, 4. Integrate information into memory or not based on conflicts and reason-based analysis. Translation, try getting into a debate. Your points won't hold up unless you can actually defend them, regardless of their accuracy. Not to mention the fact that I can't be the only person who finds it fun. Alternatively, you could view it as gathering information for information's sake. I know that you're concerned about emotion, but fascination is an emotion too. (Ironic, given the most famous INTJ character out there.) Finally, I would recommend avoiding self-typing. I mean, I once typed myself as an enneagram 1w9, but apparently I'm a 5w6.
Try going to mypersonality.info, they have a test there. (Assuming that you're self-typed.) Reasonable doesn't mean NT, nor does caring for others mean NF.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.

i should've said this out loud:

lol@ calling the stereotype of being INTP a bastardization. i suggest you INTP dudes/dudettes stop caring what ppl think and label you as. to be honest, most ppl prob don't know wtf mbti is, comprende? and most ppl on the forums here are open enough to not judge, though that's my take on it.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.

you aren't a loser, if you don't think you are.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Nobody likes a whiner.
Use positive, problem solving oriented words, rather than dumping armageddon on everybody as a communication style.

It helps everybody, you get better feedback and it helps to frame your mind into a positive situation. People react more positively to you and so on.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

Don't worry, I 'want' nothing of you. I mentioned that I thought you could use some new stimuli, something to work on, something extroverted. Unique was thinking that you'd (or more precisely INTPs in general) are happier thinking, pondering and perfecting things in thought rather then in outer world implications.

I feel so empty inside.

Well, what do you want your life to be then?

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
^ i don't know, if it's helpful to other introverts, but i've noticed that actually stepping outside and seeing other people once in a while helps. :)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam: :BangHead:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?

I'll try to answer your question, but it would be helpful if you answer for for me first: How can you hate being INTP? What is it that is wrong with the INTPness?