• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] I hate being INTP

niberrizbe25

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
4/7
There is nothing anchoring you to the person you are right now but yourself. If you are unhappy with yourself you have to look deep inside yourself and realize what kind of person you would like to project. If do a disservice to this internal being, you are going to pay dearly with depression. Just because you are a type of person that uses certain tools to make sense of the world (in this case internal thinking and external intuition) does not mean that you can’t set them down and choose to experiment with others.
People will tell you that you are prescribed to be a certain personality since the moment of your birth. They will tell you that this becomes most apparent and level out at the moment of adolescence. You cannot change this. If you are the kind of person that likes this sort of limitation then maybe you should visit the Astrology forums so that you can be happy at your concrete tendencies and traits; however, if you are reaching for true self discovery you should know that every type of personality is already potentially inside of you. You can unleash anybody that you admire as long as you have the imagination and resolution.
At first it will be uncomfortable and energy consuming but eventually you will be able to harness the power of your new cognitive functions. Great men in history have been noted great because they went against everything that established their identity. There are no limits to the person that you can be. You can even cast away the conception that you can only be one personality type, blending the attributes that you learned from being an INTP and translating them to becoming a more complete… ENFP? ENTJ? ISTJ?
Really, man. Don’t let anybody put you in a box. Not your parents, not Jung, not even yourself.
;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is nothing about being an 'INTP' that makes you prone to being a loser or unhappy. As a matter of fact, there is nothing about any particular type that entails such an outcome in life. How you can enjoy life and keep yourself happy is a difficult puzzle for everyone that does not have any easy answers.

this

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think INTP is the best type in the whole world. INTP's are so smart, yet very versatile. They are the people everyone looks up to, but no one dares to say out of sheer shame.

Everyone wants to be INTP!

I wish I was an INTP. ;_;

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
How the hell do you work that out?

This is why I dislike putting INTP as my type, people assume you are a lazy geek and don't do anything worthwhile. It really is a bastardization of MBTI, it's like assuming all SJ's are soldiers and housewives.

I was stereotyping. Sarcasm doesn't translate well through a forum. I do believe that in a sense INTP's are more likely to get up in their heads about things that are going bad. Their brain kicks in and they start to over analyse, if they see no solution it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Adding to that, INTPs are notoriously bad at explaining or accepting how they feel, so it's kind of hard for others to help them as well.

I think that's the problem, I just don't care about stuff.

well like I said, it's TONS of things(I can't list it all). I just happend to blow up in the heat of the moment. I'm calm now(I think I have mood swings). I just happend to miss my deadline for crap load of stuff, now I'm gonna fail. I don't have any motivation to do anything.

I'm skilled with crap load of stuff but not great at ONE thing...... it's because in my sillly mind I know I can achieve it so I don't even bother trying :cry:

I'm sick of not being able to have normal human interaction :puppy_dog_eyes: (too much stuff to explain with this part so just ignore this statement)

How did those successful INTP get they're where they are now?

parents on my ass, life is meaningless right now(and stressful).

You do realize that all these problems actually have a solution! Though I'm telling you beforehand, there is no masterplan to work them all out at once. Start taking baby steps towards a life you want to.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I was stereotyping. Sarcasm doesn't translate well through a forum. I do believe that in a sense INTP's are more likely to get up in their heads about things that are going bad. Their brain kicks in and they start to over analyse, if they see no solution it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. Adding to that, INTPs are notoriously bad at explaining or accepting how they feel, so it's kind of hard for others to help them as well.

Ah but INTP's most of the time don't really feel strong emotions (or at least most of the time I don't), so that's kind of an advantage too.:tongue: I think INTJ's have it worse, with tertiary Fi, but expressing themselves through Te.

But Re: the stereotypical INTP, at the end of the day INTP's can and must learn to use Fe to our benefit; if we keep it on the leash of our Ti it can be a very useful social tool and help us get places.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Ah but INTP's most of the time don't really feel strong emotions (or at least most of the time I don't), so that's kind of an advantage too.:tongue: I think INTJ's have it worse, with tertiary Fi, but expressing themselves through Te.

But Re: the stereotypical INTP, at the end of the day INTP's can and must learn to use Fe to our benefit; if we keep it on the leash of our Ti it can be a very useful social tool and help us get places.

True, centered INTPs are hard to really get down. But there's still a difference not feeling that much at all and feeling on top of the world.
In general, INTPs are more both down to earth and up in their heads then their extroverted brothers.

Regardless of both our arguments, I hope you didn't misinterpret my post as a value judgement. It isn't.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
It's ok dude I know what you meant now.

I just assumed (subconsciously) that SW meant "happy" in a different sense to how you did: less a feeling of elation and more to do with long-term acheivement and sense of direction. I also interpreted your "top of the world" remark more in this way.

But hey I'm probably just ascribing my own understanding onto people's words (which is inevitable with subjective concepts like these) so never mind. :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't hate being INTP!!!! My husband is INTP and he is the best person to ever enter my life. :wubbie: No INTPs = no incredible husband, and that would make me a :sadbanana:.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The thing that has made both my INTP and I happiest so far, is becoming functional enough irl that we can, in most ways, be in a position to be left alone by non-essential people.

It involved him getting a job that covers our modest living expenses and gives him lots of time alone, getting the kids on a pretty good and self-sufficient routine, and buying our own house (sans home owners association).

If we want to spend our free time online and eat microwave burritos five times a week, guess what? Nobody can make life bad for us because they don't like it. :nerd:

It's not unadulterated bliss, but it's a heck of a lot better than having people all up in your business all the time.

Unique

I really don't do a whole lot except work, play video games and party and I'm pretty content with that

So for me my happiness comes from minimizing what I do in the external world, my internal world is complex enough so I don't need much else

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I really don't do a whole lot except work, play video games and party and I'm pretty content with that

So for me my happiness comes from minimizing what I do in the external world, my internal world is complex enough so I don't need much else

What you think is fun, is a dreaded Ti loop for me.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Hey now! Ti loops ARE fun!

... Until you get smacked in the face with a big, big dose of real life. Then it's just a mite bit upsetting.

Darn you external world... It's all your fault! :steam:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Ti loops are waaay fun if you can share them with someone or do something with them. But I find they get in the way of fun of this is not the case.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Well this is for INTPs and how THEY can get happy, so you are being kind of irrelevant to this thread

No offense intended

Yeah, pretty much just time-killing during a deliberately quiet period in my life. But I reckon in a thread that starts out with:

sooo much to rant but I'll say one thing I hate the most. I hate searching for answers but answers I want doesn't seem to exists. :steam: :BangHead:

I always hated being INTP, for those "happy INTP" how the hell do you keep yourself happy and enjoy life?

Explaining that I have Ti loops, and that they usually make me unhappy doesn't sound so irrelevant to me. It does sound like refreshe123d is stuck in his head sometimes, just like me.

And no offence taken.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Silly extroverts and their extrovertedness. They just want us introverted people to be more sociable. Little do they know we are very social! Just ask the voices in our heads!

As for looking for answers that are seemingly not there...

It seems as if you need to take a step back and re-examine your approach to the answer. Or maybe take a break from trying to find the answer and kick that perceiving function into gear, do something random, and think about it later. Sometimes you just need to take a step back from something for a while to get a clear picture of what's going on.

And if that doesn't work you can always try tripping on acid (although... don't blame me if you end up arrested).

Being an INTP is great, because you can hardly ever get bored... your own mind provides you with ample entertainment! You can simply be energized by sitting on the computer and surfing the web. We don't care about silly societal rules, for the most part. Best of all, our clothes are comfortable and not itchy, scratchy or cold-inducing! Only hard part is knowing when to rein in our curiosity and knowing when to let it loose. And, of course, learning how to interact with people.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Silly extroverts and their extrovertedness. They just want us introverted people to be more sociable. Little do they know we are very social! Just ask the voices in our heads!

More than that, Introverts can benefit from learning how to get out of their own heads sometimes. Not always, just sometimes.

Edit:

That said. I could use an introverted friend to help me stop my thoughts spinning round out of control sometimes as well.