• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTx: How do you deal with a lot of negative emotion?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Whether its intense anger, sadness, whatever...how do you deal with excess negative emotion?

Whenever I'm dealing with a lot of emotion, especially anger, I've always felt the need to physically lash out. I'll completely flip out for a few minutes until I'm drained and then slowly go back to normal. Its always been my own way of venting when I can't bottle it up (which is probably the problem in the first place). Its resulted in me breaking things, injuring my hand numerous times punching things, etc. Is this normal for any other INTxs (or anyone)? There's gotta be a healthier way.

EDIT: I dunno how I managed to post this in the private section, its late and I'm crashing. Can a mod move it to the main NT forum? Thanks.

I can't even imagine having physical outbursts of this nature. Would I physically take my anger out on someone? Maybe. It would have to be a very specific reason/circumstance because there isn't much that would prompt me to break my own hand, certainly not more than once. Try counting to 10 before you do something like this. In other words, think before you act. You brain might engage before your body if it has a few seconds to process.