• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do ENTJs think of INFPs?

kiwigirl

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm in the beginning(ish) of a relationship with an ENTJ guy. We appear to be opposites but this might mean we are a good complement for eachother?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel that the more similar your type is with another, the less conflicts you'll have. But that's only a small general idea. Any great person can work well with another great person.

I believe INFP's need to practice outspokenness.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Theoretically ENTJs work well with INFPs. Though I find the ENTJs here tend to be attracted to INXJ more...
Maybe they confuse the INFPs in reality with INFJs... I've seen that happen quite a lot.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
What do ENTJs think of INFPs?
INFPs are genuine people, good for warm fuzzy stuff like hugs and snuggles, and when well-developed have a stable sense of who they are. Potential pitfalls-- they can be flaky sometimes, and they really, really don't like criticism! Don't mess with an INFP's inner Chewbacca!

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
INFPs are genuine people, good for warm fuzzy stuff like hugs and snuggles, and when well-developed have a stable sense of who they are. Potential pitfalls-- they can be flaky sometimes, and they really, really don't like criticism! Don't mess with an INFP's inner Chewbacca!

Definitely have to agree here. My best friend is an INFP and challenges me at every turn, in a positive way. Stick up for yourself and have good logical reasons for why you think/feel/believe how you do. Don't be afraid to disagree. We think it's hot when you do ;)

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I like'em. Like little, precious autumn leafs.
Always trying to be as kind as possible.
So very insightful and a bunch of fun to be with.
However, I do get impatient with how indecisive they can be. And how inconsistent they are, sometimes. Makes me feel like I don't know which foot to stand on. And like someone else said, they need to practice straight-forwardness.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
ENTJs make marvelous partners for INFPs - I loved mine very much.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I like'em. Like little, precious autumn leafs.
Always trying to be as kind as possible.
So very insightful and a bunch of fun to be with.
However, I do get impatient with how indecisive they can be. And how inconsistent they are, sometimes. Makes me feel like I don't know which foot to stand on. And like someone else said, they need to practice straight-forwardness.

If we did all that stuff, we'd just be ENTJs. What's the point?

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's a great combination. One of the best.
I'm not competent in answering your question, but I say go for it.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If we did all that stuff, we'd just be ENTJs. What's the point?

What's the point of improvement... uh, the whole?
But I guess, that's part of your charm. :rolli:

Communication wise, I think we've got something going on.

If I had a say in who I fell in love with, I don't think I'd choose to fall in love with an INFP - just too much uncertainty and unpredictability. I want my relationships to be stable! No guessing around, no mind-games, no roller coasters. I think I'd really have to love the INFP to be able to put up with that.

and there's no "just ENTJ" :coffee:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I believe INFP's need to practice outspokenness.

That's one area where the two types are polar opposites.

ENTJ: I'm going to tell you exactly what is on my mind. Deal with it.

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you can figure out what I'm really thinking.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's one area where the two types are polar opposites.

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you know what I'm really thinking I'm going to respect how you see the world unless you truly diss the important things in life, because I respect you and cherish your insights and value the relationship we have.

Fixed ;)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

LOL. Thanks! :cheese:

Not hating on either type, but I've always thought ENTJ's could tone it done a bit and that INFP's could, uh, tone it up a bit (be more openly honest - key word being openly).

kiwigirl

MBTI Type
INFP
If I had a say in who I fell in love with, I don't think I'd choose to fall in love with an INFP - just too much uncertainty and unpredictability. I want my relationships to be stable! No guessing around, no mind-games, no roller coasters. I think I'd really have to love the INFP to be able to put up with that.
It's true that I can be inconsistent/unreliable/indecisive in some areas, but not all. I'm pretty clear about what I want from a relationship..I feel like I'm the one having to do the guessing actually because he's not very good at dealing with having feelings (whereas I can recognise what mine are and what they mean pretty much instantly).

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you can figure out what I'm really thinking.
I don't know if other INFPs are like this, but I can be really blunt and honest when I do speak up. Of course, sometimes it's not worth it and I just keep it to myself, but I think that's a good thing, otherwise I'd be constantly picking flaws in everyone and spreading the negativity.

I read somewhere else actually about INFP wanting a 'soul mate' whereas ENTJ seek a 'mindmate' (emotional connection vs intellectual connection), and also that ENTJ feel INFP need guidance/looking after and are therefore the dominant one in the relationship. Anyone else agree with this?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop

INFP: I'm going to say something warm and fuzzy with a cherry on top and hope that you know what I'm really thinking I'm going to respect how you see the world unless you truly diss the important things in life, because I respect you and cherish your insights and value the relationship we have.

INFP: I'm going to say what I believe INTENSELY in if we venture into that topic. If I don't care, you can rant away and I will nod and be all ears and enjoy your strong perspective on a neutral topic. If I find a reason to disagree I WILL, especially if we are in a long-term relationship and you need to know where I stand.

About the indecision, yeah...I am awful at that.

I read somewhere else actually about INFP wanting a 'soul mate' whereas ENTJ seek a 'mindmate' (emotional connection vs intellectual connection), and also that ENTJ feel INFP need guidance/looking after and are therefore the dominant one in the relationship. Anyone else agree with this?

It's weird how they separate that. An emotional connection for me has to be intellectual also. Intelligence is a strong reason for NFs to like a person.

ENTJs are expressively dominant/aggressive but INFPs have high ideals too. They may not initiate but they do want things their way.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Only INFP i know is my sister and she's very manipulative. She's very good at being nice and people are too full of themselves that they eat those words like candy (if only she had a van behind her...).

Very very messy as well.....

She is hardworking when she wants to and very smart, but very unrealiable. She will promise something and if you make her mad a little bit. She throws you the finger (figuratively) and breaks all promises. She's awesome when she's not angry, moody, sad, depressed, stuck up, etc.

I'm not an ENTJ though.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
INFP: I'm going to say what I believe INTENSELY in if we venture into that topic. If I don't care, you can rant away and I will nod and be all ears and enjoy your strong perspective on a neutral topic. If I find a reason to disagree I WILL, especially if we are in a long-term relationship and you need to know where I stand.

yeah, true.

About the indecision, yeah...I am awful at that.

in a relationship, i think one decision maker is fine. As long as they consult and respect each other.

ENTJs are expressively dominant/aggressive but INFPs have high ideals too. They may not initiate but they do want things their way.

Also true. I just wish they'd be more straight forward about it, instead of me having to sense something isn't right. But I know there's potential there, they do get better at asserting themselves.

and also that ENTJ feel INFP need guidance/looking after and are therefore the dominant one in the relationship. Anyone else agree with this?

this i agree with, and have experieced with my INFP friend. I don't mind this, but it can get a bit tiering if there's no give and take, and I'll feel too needed and get a bit turned off.. if that makes sense.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What do ENTJs think of every non-ENTJ type? :doh:

F

figsfiggyfigs

^ oh come on now! give us some credit.