• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] What do ENTJs think of INFPs?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Theoretically ENTJs work well with INFPs. Though I find the ENTJs here tend to be attracted to INXJ more...
Maybe they confuse the INFPs in reality with INFJs... I've seen that happen quite a lot.

Everyone here likes INFJs more :coffee:

I like'em. Like little, precious autumn leafs.
Always trying to be as kind as possible.

BARF :sick:

I don't know if other INFPs are like this, but I can be really blunt and honest when I do speak up. Of course, sometimes it's not worth it and I just keep it to myself, but I think that's a good thing, otherwise I'd be constantly picking flaws in everyone and spreading the negativity.

If I said what was in my head people would think I was mean. When I do say what is in my head, people think I am mean. Most of the time I stay quiet.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I said what was in my head people would think I was mean. When I do say what is in my head, people think I am mean. Most of the time I stay quiet.

Do you know many INFPs who report having this problem? I hear you describe it in your own experience repeatedly but I've never really met an INFP that had a reputation for "being mean."

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you know many INFPs who report having this problem? I hear you describe it in your own experience repeatedly but I've never really met an INFP that had a reputation for "being mean."

I don't have a "reputation". After people get to know me they don't think I am mean, but they don't seem to think I am a ball of gooey sweetness either. I usually hear "temperamental" or "snappy".

There are a lot of INFPs on here who report seeming a bit prickly at times, even unintentionally.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have a "reputation". After people get to know me they don't think I am mean, but they don't seem to think I am a ball of gooey sweetness either. I usually hear "temperamental" or "snappy".

There are a lot of INFPs on here who report seeming a bit prickly at times, even unintentionally.

Do you think being perceived (at first impression) as temperamental or snappy is typical of INFPs?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think being perceived (at first impression) as temperamental or snappy is typical of INFPs?

I meant that was the impression formed later, after getting to know me. I'm not seen as "mean" so much as "moody".

As for first impressions, it depends on the context & the INFP's mood in that moment. It also depends on who is perceiving.

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
i totally confess to being moody, lol. i can usually laugh about it, though, if i'm not under a lot of stress. i don't want people to have to be careful about what they say to me and i want to develop myself, so i've enjoyed this thread.

Johnfloyd6675

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENTJs make marvelous partners for INFPs - I loved mine very much.

Some fairly exotic types (INTJ, ISFP, ENTP, ENTJ, etc) really find something special when they're matched with a companion type. Last summer for no particular reas I dated an ESFJ who did her best and looked good naked. It was all meaningless. Intrinsic personal compatibility- which, I think, we do a good job measuring with the MBTI- makes all the difference in love.

And let it be said that ENTPs who are unhappy in their relationships will not exactly grin and bear it. I'm sorry to say that I taunted my ESFJ ex by hinting that I wanted to sleep with her best friend, who had a crush on me. I'm sorry to say that's just an example of the sort of bullshit my brain came up with when a little Ti discipline and a phone call coulda ended the whole thing before it got bad. I've patched things up fully with that ex and I just got coffee with her the other day, and this is all typical ENTP behavior. We're sort of like extreme weather, we push up some tall waves for you to surf on, then a hurricane razes your house, but then the sun comes out and we go get coffee. Can't stop the visions

AdmiralAndGirlsDesu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's good that you two share an N preference, but the T and J make you two quite different. He's an E, you are an I, which could mean different 'wavelengths' or 'channels' of energy. I can't say much because I don't know him, but be prepared for a fair number of challenges and disagreements. Now having said that, I wish the best for you two.

Interesting, some people’s perceptions of INFPs being nonjudgmental. Some probably are. I’m very prone to judging. It’s tact that keeps any comments at bay most of the time. That and the understanding that not everyone is or should be living by my standards. That being said, you are being measured. Not always on a grand scale. Not to worry because I am too. Thought to thought, action to action. And my self-judgments are the harshest of all.