• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Favourite NT character in fiction?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am almost unhealthily obssessed with Daria Morgendorffer, from MTV's Daria, who I'm pretty sure is INTJ. I generally love NTs in fiction as well, like Sherlock Holmes, the Doctor etc. What are your favourite NTs in fiction?

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess the INTP Detective, L. I also read some Sherlock Holmes(INTJ-the man's too theoretical and his deductions has too much intuitive leaps), and yes, he is a likable character imo.

And Ender (ENTJ) and Bean (INTJ).

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Snapey.... intj

also I feel like eric from true blood is an entj.... and I loves him.

any attractive male NT.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael Westen (INTJ)
Sam Axe (ENTP)
The Tenth Doctor (ENTP)
Mal Reynolds (ENTP)
House (INTP)
Shawn Spencer (ENTP)
The Joker (ENTP/J)
Robert Langdon (ENTJ)
Jack Byrnes (INTJ)
Hans Landa (ENTJ)
Ender (ENTJ)

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Michael Westen (INTJ)
Sam Axe (ENTP)
The Tenth Doctor (ENTP)
Mal Reynolds (ENTP)
House (INTP)
Shawn Spencer (ENTP)
The Joker (ENTP/J)
Robert Langdon (ENTJ)
Jack Byrnes (INTJ)
Hans Landa (ENTJ)

House is INTJ I tell you! INTJ! I still don't understand why there is debate over this when it's so obvious.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ is plausible, yes, but he strikes me as not giving anywhere near enough of a shit about anything to really be considered J. Js have goals, House does not.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ is plausible, yes, but he strikes me as not giving anywhere near enough of a shit about anythimg to really be considered J. Js have goals, House does not.

He has better goals than I do, and I score 22 for J.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What goals does House have?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Nero Wolfe (INTJ I think)

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
What goals does House have?

Well he basically has achieved his main goal in life (become a doctor and solve lots of exciting symptom mysteries while annoying the hell out of people) but he always has something he wants to achieve during an episode or story arc and does a lot of plotting and manipulation to get that. He doesn't relent until he's solved a problem, be that medical or in his relationships with others.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, good point.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^there wouldn't be much of a TV show if it was a completely realistic portrayal of an INTP...unless there was a lot of editing.

Malcolm from Malcolm in the Middle - a solid INTP

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Joker (ENTP/J)

either Tertiary or Auxiliary Fe. And certainly an Intuitive.

that leaves..

Ni Fe Ti Se or Ne Ti Fe Si. He could be an INFJ.

I doubt ENTJ, he shows quite a lot of Fe. (even his character of "joker" shows Fe.)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bleh, function analysis.
c4810375.gif

gromit

likes this
Snapey.... intj

I'm assuming you mean Prof. Snape...

I was actually just watching the sixth movie recently, and a lot of the scenes with him were jumping out at me, like when he is making the promise with Draco Malfoy's mother.

I suddenly began to imagine just what it meant exactly, in light of the end of the series, what he must have been going through as he promised to assist Draco in carrying out the task (or doing it himself if it doesn't work). I was thinking that the he is so fascinating and tragic of a character, and I felt so much empathy too. And admiration.

Now I want to go back and re-watch all of the scenes with him...

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
INTJ is plausible, yes, but he strikes me as not giving anywhere near enough of a shit about anything to really be considered J. Js have goals, House does not.

Right, and he also accepts, or even expects, his diagnosis could be wrong, criticizing those who become trapped in their convictions. He is an aging INTP, in constant pain (real or imagined), whose expertise and reputation permit too much leeway in his behavior in what seems to be a very SJ world. I've seen the arguments that he's an extrovert which conveniently overlook his behavior when not forced to be among others - in the workplace an INTP can learn to act the extrovert, simply to keep their own interest level high.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Right, and he also accepts, or even expects, his diagnosis could be wrong, criticizing those who become trapped in their convictions. He is an aging INTP, in constant pain (real or imagined), whose expertise and reputation permit too much leeway in his behavior in what seems to be a very SJ world. I've seen the arguments that he's an extrovert which conveniently overlook his behavior when not forced to be among others - in the workplace an INTP can learn to act the extrovert, simply to keep their own interest level high.

I guess, but I don't think this is anything a somewhat mature INTJ couldn't do. We don't ONLY EVER stick to one theory. I often argue with people so they can prove me wrong, or at least we can find out which is actually correct.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ - Comes up with ideas (Ni); secodary inclination is to prove or disprove those ideas and discard the incorrect ones (I didn't write this, I know little about the functions, but it makes sense to me)

He doesn't just come up with ideas and then discard them and think of a new one. He comes up with ideas, insists they be tested (and is damn stubborn about it) and then when they turn out to be false, he makes another strong leap of his intuition (which if I'm not mistaken would be a primary Ni if I'm not mistaken). He does seem to focus on 1 idea at a time, almost always dismissing the others ideas as useless until he himself is wrong.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Doctor Who.

Honorable mentions to Doc Brown from Back to the Future, Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.