• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Favourite NT character in fiction?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Bean. I love bean.

R. Daneel Olivaw, if he is NT. Might not be, I might be assuming he is because of the R.

CollisionCourse?

MBTI Type
INTP
goodgrief: I also love Daria, but I always considered her more of an INTP, than an INTJ. She's the embodiment of INTPish "Not giving a damn" and I can't recall any Te tendencies. :huh:

Mal Reynolds (ENTP)

I also enjoyed Hank Moody from Californication, but I'm not sure, if I consider him ENTP correctly.

Little_Sticks

^ She has some Te tendencies. She always goes to bed at the same time. She generally doesn't like new activities, so she plans around them. When she is dealing with her school grades and studies she got either annoyed or angry when these things weren't taken seriously. She actually got mad at Trent in one episode for this and she had a good contingency plan for finishing her assignment that Trent didn't help finish. It involved this discourse. This shows her appreciation of MBTI perceiving personality.

Trent Lane: Listen, I got to get to rehearsal. I'm late.
Daria Morgendorffer: How do you know? You don't wear a watch.
Trent Lane: I'm always late. That's why I don't wear a watch. They depress me.
Daria Morgendorffer: You know, Trent, somehow that makes perfect sense.

Of course, I'm not saying you're wrong, as this is just a suggestion of what I thought to be an MBTI judger's tendencies, but since no one can seem to agree on what anything means outside of basic definitions and explanation of functions and personal viewpoints on type, I guess it doesn't matter much. :D

CollisionCourse?

MBTI Type
INTP
I have to admit that I probably never noticed regularity of her sleep. :blush: When is it shown?

I'm not sure if she's really planning around new activities. It may be just my projection, but I thought that she's just creating solid excuses not get involved in activities, that can potentially be annoying, or uncomfortable - which is something I can pretty much identify with. Those two interpretations may seem very similiar, but it's a part of the nature of the show, that most of those activities are forced upon her and that's when the INTP's stubbornness kicks in and this is just her way to avoid pointless confrontation with the authority in question.

It's just my view though, since I can see how it can be interpreted both ways. After all, she's a fictional high schooler, that could've been possibly created to appeal to INTs.

I like the episode you mentioned, and the quoted dialog is obviously an author's way to express their differences. I'm not sure, if the intention was exactly P vs. J, but it is really pointing in that direction. The thing is, that I always assumed, that those main characters are more based on some real live experiences, than that they are supposed to (creatively) represent some stereotypes (unlike most of the other people on the show). For example I'm a strong P, but I'm addicted to wearing a watch, even if it's just for having an easy access to knowing how much time I can still waste at the moment. :D

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
If I think about it, she seemed to start off more as J, then turned into a P. She seemed to make her decisions quite easily and stick to them. She would often do the J thing of refusing to change her beliefs even if someone gave a good argument against it. She retained some of this, but later on she seems to question herself and others a lot more. When she argued with Tom, her stances and views seemed to change constantly just to keep being angry with him. It seems a bit like Fe, where usually she has a more consistent Fi that she usually has pushing her towards fighting against the negative influence of society. Uh I'm kinda tired. I normally have better reasons. I didn't really like 'pissy Daria' anyway.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Here's a description of what I mean, from an INTJ and INTP profile respectively.

Fi
"Feeling has a modest inner room, two doors down from the Most Imminent iNtuition. It doesn't get out much, but lends its influence on behalf of causes which are Good and Worthy and Humane. We may catch a glimpse of it in the unspoken attitude of good will, or the gracious smile or nod. Some question the existence of Feeling in this type, yet its unseen balance to Thinking is a cardinal dimension in the full measure of the INTJ's soul. "

Fe
"Feeling tends to be all or none. When present, the INTP's concern for others is intense, albeit naive. In a crisis, this feeling judgement is often silenced by the emergence of Thinking, who rushes in to avert chaos and destruction. In the absence of a clear principle, however, INTPs have been known to defer judgement and to allow decisions about interpersonal matters to be left hanging lest someone be offended or somehow injured. INTPs are at risk of being swept away by the shadow in the form of their own strong emotional impulses. "

Little_Sticks

I have to admit that I probably never noticed regularity of her sleep. :blush: When is it shown?

I guess it really isn't. I just kind of inferred it from her character's constant calm collectedness in her day to day activities. She always gave a vibe that she always got a full night's sleep, but I think I see what you mean now. It's interesting that people give her many different types. It seems like she's been given ISTJ, INTJ, INTP, and INFP.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Oh Daria's an N. She is SOOO N. She's the type who would hate ISTJs for doing what's expected of them and following the social and occupational structure of the world. They would come right after ESXXs.

What do you think Tom is? He's a funny one.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You type everyone a fucking S, it's kind of annoying. ISTP would make sense if Michael relied on his training, and only on his training, which he does not. He's always coming up with innovative plans and solutions to make up for his distinct lack of resources (being burned and all), and he's extremely deliberate and careful (far from a man of action, unlike say, Fiona). Definite N and definite J.