• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do NTs enjoy playing Tetris?

You are...

• An INTP who likes Tetris

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • An INTJ who likes Tetris

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • An ENTP who likes Tetris

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • An ENTJ who likes Tetris

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • An INTP who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • An INTJ who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • An ENTP who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • An ENTJ who dislikes Tetris

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love it, but really only on the gameboy. Something about the physical design of the gameboy and the way the screen sits in the palm of your hand. I used to love to anticipate the next few shapes, trying to guess the pattern on what was coming. And the faster it got, the better I got. The music helped me not focus too much on it, which is always a danger for me with anything. If I focus too hard, I fail.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
What is abstract about tetris?

It's abstract in the sense that the situation it depicts has very few parallels in the real world. How often people called upon to arange falling blocks under time pressure so that they stack neatly then vanish? The nearest equivilent is trying to get everything into an over full freezer, as far as I can tell.

This is as opposed to games like total war, civilisation or even Doom, which are based much more based in the real world possibilities. Whether or not you think they reflect them accurately is a different mater. As is if they are intended to realistic

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I used to hate it then played it in work and fell in love!

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I used to play Tetris all the time and Dr. Mario too. In the SNES version of Tetris and Dr. Mario in one game, it allows you to keep going past level 24 in Dr. Mario whereas the NES version of Dr. Mario stops you at 24. Here is a picture of what happens when you get past level 99 in Dr. Mario (trust me, this is not possible without lots of help from an emulator). If you're wondering, yes, it does keep getting faster and faster.

DMA0.jpg

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Not an NT but I loved that Game.

I'm so disappointed that you can't get the orginal. I hate all these half baked imitations.

The set-up, colors, music- all of it was great!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to play Tetris all the time and Dr. Mario too. In the SNES version of Tetris and Dr. Mario in one game, it allows you to keep going past level 24 in Dr. Mario whereas the NES version of Dr. Mario stops you at 24. Here is a picture of what happens when you get past level 99 in Dr. Mario (trust me, this is not possible without lots of help from an emulator). If you're wondering, yes, it does keep getting faster and faster.

DMA0.jpg

Dr Mario was fun too!

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Screw Intelligent Cube, Klax, and Tetris. I enjoy games like Megaman, King's Bounty, and Herzog Zwei.

Tetris was just too mundane for me.

I looved the Megaman series. But now when I play them on my Wii they are kind of annoying. I know he's a robot but he's too stiff in his movements, if you know what I mean.

Snow Turtle

There used to be an awesome tetris game on omgpop called Blockles, but it's gone now I think. Once you got enough lines you got items you could use on the other players. They had a swap screen item, add lines to someone (including yourself), remove lines from someone (including yourself), clear your screen, and scramble the other person's screen. It was funny because depending on what items you had stacked up towards the end compared to what the person that was left had and how you used them resulted in who would win. So it required a little more thought than what you think is the best way to place pieces in different scenarios depending on what you have coming up next.

But the only problem with games like that is you get people who play them so much they become like this [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLESxRNylI"]chinese tetris[/YOUTUBE] and unless you learn to play by their strategy, you can't keep up even if you arguably make more moves per mistake.

That's some terrible building. :cry:
Tetris is a game of speed I suppose. The ability to react quickly to where would be the most effective place to slot things. The more difficult aspect of tetris is finding the best places that aren't the most obvious choices.

Unique

I don't exactly dislike it... but it doesn't hold my attention for long either

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Simple games can work wonders to a complex mind, gives yeu set time where yeur mind can relax without concern or anything distracting. I can rarely just sit down and let my mind wander freely on its' own, mahjongg and tetris are great ways to relax.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I generally dislike it.

proximo

I'm not saying it's my first choice of entertainment, but back in the 90's I did get hooked enough on it to complete it in a very short time (tho that was quite a lot of gaming hours).

My cellphone has it on, and when I remember it has, and use it on a whim, I find I quickly get hooked again.

But I don't like, live for it or anything.