• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP and GOD

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
(I don't believe, but if I did) I would think that god himself was an ENTP.

• P, he created the universe on a whim.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
  • T, He's willing to let you fall flat on your face for the sake of learning a lesson.
  • N, Not so much evidence at this point. But I would say that an S would build tons of universes of all different shapes and qualities. An N would just create one and spend all his time watching it.
  • E. he made lots of angle buddies to pal around with him. Also, he treats heaven as a club where even us humans can eventually join (If he finds us cool enough;))

God is INTJ (I'm agnostic, but biblical God)

J - He took 7 days to create the universe. Yes, he just thought it would be cool to do, but do you think if an INTJ were sitting in a huge expanse of nothing, they'd just leave it like that? That's ISTJ stuff (jokes!), he certainly is very sure what he's created is good, and didn't hesitate to knock them out of Eden because they didn't follow his orders. He has no problem sending us to hell if we're not good enough.

N - You've explained

T - You've explained

I - Only 4 angels ever see God (one being Satan, now on extended vacation) and he prefers to hide in the shadows, only ever revealing himself when neccesary.

And to those who say religion and MBTI do not relate, I disagree. T especially, and N are features which would often cause people to question the validity and worth of religion.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An INTJ believes God to be an INTJ. Noted.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ENTP disagreeing with INTJ saying God is an INTJ right after that person disagreed with another person saying that God is an ENTP.

Noted!

:D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That would be awfully astute had I bothered to read the earlier post in question.

But ok, it's still pretty astute.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ

lol I'm not saying it because of me. But if you read the bible, particularly old testament ( I was raised Catholic), he seems quite judging, and definitely introverted. Check out some other forums. It seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen, and also that Jesus was INFJ. I think that if there's one type who's likely to rule the universe fairly, but not necessarily nicely, and go through the effort of designing and planning all of it, INTJ would probably be the one, though if you disagree, I'd love to her why.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If ever you know all there is to know, if ever there are no "new" concepts, if ever you know what is "always" right, if ever your complete, wouldn't you become a guardian(SJ) of what is absolute correctness?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If ever you know all there is to know, if ever there are no "new" concepts, if ever you know what is "always" right, if ever your complete, wouldn't you become a guardian(SJ) of what is absolute correctness?

SJs are no more associated with belief in absolute correctness than most IxxP types, who are dominant in introverted judgment. (In fact, when it comes to correctness about personal belief in some moral or theoretical ideal, the IxxPs [and even ExxPs] are often far more rigid.)

The only things they're really insistent upon are keeping their external/public lives well-organized via Je; generally, the only things that are "absolutely correct" to them are those which can be shown to be effective/accepted by objective external standards. Si is not associated with rigid insistence that it's always correct; since it's only a perceiving function, it's more just a desire to relate new information to previously stored information, leading SJs to generally stick to situations where they have experience that can be directly applied.

Try to talk to a Ti or Fi dom about absolute correctness, though, and you'll get an ear full.

lol I'm not saying it because of me. But if you read the bible, particularly old testament ( I was raised Catholic), he seems quite judging, and definitely introverted. Check out some other forums. It seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen, and also that Jesus was INFJ. I think that if there's one type who's likely to rule the universe fairly, but not necessarily nicely, and go through the effort of designing and planning all of it, INTJ would probably be the one, though if you disagree, I'd love to her why.

I see Old Testament God as more of an ESTJ. He's all about laying down strictly ordered universal rules and quickly, impersonally eliminating any person, place or thing that stands in the way of the universe being run properly--I'm sure we can agree on Te use, but OTG is stuck firmly in his familiar interpretations (Si) of these rules and never, ever offers any wiggle room. This sounds awfully Te dominant to me.

Tell me, who would wanna be such a control freak?

I would think an NTJ, especially an Ni dom, would be more likely to encourage or at least be open to different interpretations of his teachings, but OTG insists upon precise, literal interpretations of his rules and smites anyone who gets in the way (Te.) He doesn't just explain the general idea to Moses to pass on to his people; no, he hands him hard copies (Si) of 10 precisely written (and precisely enforced) rules (Te), literally set in stone, to be remembered exactly this way for all time--no plans to ever change them from what they are now (Si.)

I don't like the reasoning mentioned earlier for God not being an S. Why would would an S build numerous universes any more than an N? Hell, an NP God would probably get bored with the universe every week, throw it all out and build a new one for fun. Spending all his time on one particular universe and taking painstaking measures to make sure every detail of it is just right (on pain of death, no less) sounds exactly like an STJ approach to me.

I could maybe see ISTJ as a second choice, but he's just so overwhelmingly commanding and constantly creating and enforcing as many rules as possible. I think Te dominance is undeniable, so I'm going with ESTJ.

As for Jesus, I would probably agree with INFJ (second guess ENFJ) but there's an argument for him as an ENFP here that's at least an interesting read.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SJs are no more associated with belief in absolute correctness than most IxxP types, who are dominant in introverted judgment. (In fact, when it comes to correctness about personal belief in some moral or theoretical ideal, the IxxPs [and even ExxPs] are often far more rigid.)

The only things they're really insistent upon are keeping their external/public lives well-organized via Je; generally, the only things that are "absolutely correct" to them are those which can be shown to be effective/accepted by objective external standards. Si is not associated with rigid insistence that it's always correct; since it's only a perceiving function, it's more just a desire to relate new information to previously stored information, leading SJs to generally stick to situations where they have experience that can be directly applied.

Try to talk to a Ti or Fi dom about absolute correctness, though, and you'll get an ear full.

My point is if you know the best possible answer on absolutely everything(ignoring subjectivity), wouldn't that lead into yourself relying more on your "previously stored information"?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
god is a way to explain things that people are too stupid to explain with logic and heaven is a misinterpretation of dmt rush that you get when you die(or have near death experience) and sometimes in small doses thru meditation/praying.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ

I see Old Testament God as more of an ESTJ. He's all about laying down strictly ordered universal rules and quickly, impersonally eliminating any person, place or thing that stands in the way of the universe being run properly--I'm sure we can agree on Te use, but OTG is stuck firmly in his familiar interpretations (Si) of these rules and never, ever offers any wiggle room. This sounds awfully Te dominant to me.

Tell me, who would wanna be such a control freak?

I would think an NTJ, especially an Ni dom, would be more likely to encourage or at least be open to different interpretations of his teachings, but OTG insists upon precise, literal interpretations of his rules and smites anyone who gets in the way (Te.) He doesn't just explain the general idea to Moses to pass on to his people; no, he hands him hard copies (Si) of 10 precisely written (and precisely enforced) rules (Te), literally set in stone, to be remembered exactly this way for all time--no plans to ever change them from what they are now (Si.)

I don't like the reasoning mentioned earlier for God not being an S. Why would would an S build numerous universes any more than an N? Hell, an NP God would probably get bored with the universe every week, throw it all out and build a new one for fun. Spending all his time on one particular universe and taking painstaking measures to make sure every detail of it is just right (on pain of death, no less) sounds exactly like an STJ approach to me.

I could maybe see ISTJ as a second choice, but he's just so overwhelmingly commanding and constantly creating and enforcing as many rules as possible. I think Te dominance is undeniable, so I'm going with ESTJ.

As for Jesus, I would probably agree with INFJ (second guess ENFJ) but there's an argument for him as an ENFP here that's at least an interesting read.

Hmm... interesting. E is believable I think, but I think the imagination and thought he put into creating everything screams N.

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I'm an INTP and here is my perspective.
-God doesn't exist whatsoever in any form.
-The Bible was written to instill the morals and values that "The System" wants you to follow on a daily basis.
-We are all here for nothing except to propagate the species.
-The universe has always existed even when we didn't, and will continue to exist forever.
-Life may, and in all probability does, exist other places in the universe.
-We have no souls only our conscience.
And for the big question that everybody wants to know....
-Your life does not continue after death because for that to happen you would need to have your "whole" brain intact and functioning, and for you to be dead your brain needs to not be functioning so it is impossible to be conscious of yourself after death.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
-The Bible was written to instill the morals and values that "The System" wants you to follow on a daily basis.
-The universe has always existed even when we didn't, and will continue to exist forever.
-Your life does not continue after death because for that to happen you would need to have your "whole" brain intact and functioning, and for you to be dead your brain needs to not be functioning so it is impossible to be conscious of yourself after death.

This is what humans have a big problem with, not being the centre of the universe our species does not have to exist

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This is what humans have a big problem with, not being the centre of the universe our species does not have to exist
I agree with you 100%, and I guess, in a way, was kind of what I was getting at (us INTP's are so good at simplifying what we learn).

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ

I disagree with the universe always existing. Modern science dictates (due to the movement of different parts of the universe) the extreme likelihood that the universe started with the big bang a few trillion (I think, can't remember) years ago and that eventually, everything will pull itself back together and the whole universe will become one massive black hole. And if you want some crazy theories, maybe the blak hole will be so strong that it will destroy the fabric of time and space, moving itself to the beggining of the universe and starting the big bang!

But that's just my imagination going a little mad.

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I disagree with the universe always existing. Modern science dictates (due to the movement of different parts of the universe) the extreme likelihood that the universe started with the big bang a few trillion (I think, can't remember) years ago and that eventually, everything will pull itself back together and the whole universe will become one massive black hole.
Yes but doesn't that mean the "universe" will always exist. I mean even if everything just came together as one liquid (as I have heard it was before the big bang on the science channel) or a massive black hole (as some scientists have theorized), doesn't there need to be space for it to exist in? thus the universe will always exist because there needs to be space for matter to exist. And I might point out that matter did not simply pop into existence that would simply be impossible. Unless of course black holes transcend space and time, and I'm not a scientist but I don't think so. I think a black hole is really just a very large amount of matter (massive gravity) compressed into a tiny (most likely a quantum) size (cannot be seen) that pulls everything toward it (like any large amount of matter in space).

It is too bad we do not understand black holes better.:cry:

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes but doesn't that mean the "universe" will always exist. I mean even if everything just came together as one liquid (as I have heard it was before the big bang on the science channel) or a massive black hole (as some scientists have theorized), doesn't there need to be space for it to exist in? thus the universe will always exist because there needs to be space for matter to exist. And I might point out that matter did not simply pop into existence that would simply be impossible. Unless of course black holes transcend space and time, and I'm not a scientist but I don't think so. I think a black hole is really just a very large amount of matter (massive gravity) compressed into a tiny (most likely a quantum) size (cannot be seen) that pulls everything toward it (like any large amount of matter in space).

It is too bad we do not understand black holes better.:cry:

Well something would have to pop into existence or nothing would ever have existed ever.

But as it happens, black holes have 0 volume.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It just doesn't make sense to me that we are thinking about these things. My opinion is that everything has a purpose. Sentience, such a major factor, labeled as something ordinary and only for the sake of reproduction. :dont: No, My belief feels it so wasteful...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think a lot of personal growth stems from realizing that basic truth.
(That we personally are not the reason the universe exists.)

Ya can't figure out who you are and what you can be and do and give until you accept what you're not.