• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Are INTPs good drivers?

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Do INTPs consider themselves good drivers? (broad term, take it as you will)

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Is the INTP a woman?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
*Nope we suck at driving. We also hate everybody else's driving except ESTPs and ESTJs (when they are not on their cell phones or the radio is on loud enough so we don't have to listen to them talk).

*but don't expect us to admit it.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I drive slow and people tend to tailgate me a lot. I also listen to music loudly and frequently sing along, allowing me to not pay attention to those people.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is the INTP a woman?

Hell, yes; and hell, I'm a good driver.

Years of not getting speeding tickets, years of getting where I want to go quickly, and years of not having accidents or causing them.

The "big picture" sense coupled with rational thought means you pretty much know where everything is at all times and where it's GOING to be as well, if things continue. You just have to remain aware of everything, rather than disengaging or zoning.

(Read Lenore Thomson's opening two pages about Ti and describing how it functions during a ball game and you'll get the idea. It's about responding to real-time data and seeing everything unfold as it goes and knowing where the system will end up.)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
YES!

I drive on average 100k kilometers a year in a normal car and 50k km a year in a bus/coach/touringcar, whatever the right word for it is where-ever you come from.

My business revolves around transportation though, so I just got into it.

Anyways, I consider myself a really good driver, based on the fact that I'm a relatively quick, yet steady driver, that has never had an accident, despite having spent a lot of time on the road. (In a country where the roads are very busy and crowded.)

One of my best abilities is the ability to spot behaviour of other people on the road and know what they are going to do.

I can drive 180Km/h on the highway in busy ol' Netherlands and know when to release the gas in order to get the same speed as the person in front of me upto 20 yards, an acceptable distance, without needing to break! And depending on how much I speed, I always make sure I have enough time to steadily break on the road in front of me regardless what happens. I don't take chances.

Yet I never drive beyond speed limit when I don't have full control on the road ahead of me (and all of the roads on the sides) If I can't see something, or have no control over something or someone on the road, I drive normally. I am a consciously safe speeder.

With customers I drive extremely smooth and relaxed.

I also don't have to steer every two seconds in order to stay on the road like most women and some other men do.

I also don't get in the way of others, and time when cars and me interact so that interaction is minimal level. Overall, people just see me swoosh over the road and shrug. I don't impair anyone elses driving.

I'm awesome.

Ozzy26

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends on what you would define a good driver as. I speed pretty much constantly, run red lights, text, talk on the phone, fiddle with my ipod, eat, etc...but I've never been in an accident before. So am I a good driver? Nah, probably not. Am I good at driving? Yeah.

This is all in good weather though. I'm a lot more careful in the rain/snow.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Years of not getting speeding tickets, years of getting where I want to go quickly, and years of not having accidents or causing them.

Admit it, you drive like a turtle walks dontcha?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is taking MBTI to moronic extremes.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Like anything else we set out to do, we are extremely efficient if we are trying to get somewhere - which usually translates to being "good" or "competent".

When I was in my teens and very early 20's, I got about 3 or 4 tickets for various reasons (speeding, tail light out, didn't move my car for the street sweeper, rolling stop at a stop sign, etc.). After paying for those tickets and feeling like I completely wasted that money, I just realized the obvious: if I don't break these laws, then I won't get any tickets.

So, it's simple really: When at a stop sign, come to a COMPLETE stop. It takes 1 second. If changing lanes, use your blinker (that's why they are installed in the car). Don't go over that 5mph above the speed limit (in some places there is more like a 10mph "grace" speed limit) - and in every case, do not "stand out" when driving. Don't be the fastest car on that road at that moment. Always make sure someone else is going at least as fast as you are. Put your registration stickers on your plates as soon as you get them in the mail. Blah, blah, blah.

I tell my ESFP brother (who gets tickets on a monthly basis): If you don't break any laws, you can't get any tickets. The only reason you are getting so many is because you are breaking laws. It's just a matter of playing within the rules of the game.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
shhh...This thread is sponsored by a grant from the insurance industry.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Admit it, you drive like a turtle walks dontcha?

No! My ESTP pansy-ass dad always told me I had a lead foot. :steam:
(Even when I was doing only 70 in a 65mph! What a baby!)

Jaguar said:
Pumpkin, you wrecked my car three times last year.

*rolls eyes* You know full-well, honeybuns, that it's not your car anymore, we had to give it to the paraplegic guy as part of settling the case after the ... mishap.

This is taking MBTI to moronic extremes.

Oh shut up, buddy, we gave you the car, what more do you want from us? (And get your helper monkey to log out once in awhile, thanks -- it keeps posting junk like this all over the forumz!)

So, it's simple really: When at a stop sign, come to a COMPLETE stop. It takes 1 second. If changing lanes, use your blinker (that's why they are installed in the car). Don't go over that 5mph above the speed limit (in some places there is more like a 10mph "grace" speed limit) - and in every case, do not "stand out" when driving. Don't be the fastest car on that road at that moment. Always make sure someone else is going at least as fast as you are. Put your registration stickers on your plates as soon as you get them in the mail. Blah, blah, blah.

I tell my ESFP brother (who gets tickets on a monthly basis): If you don't break any laws, you can't get any tickets. The only reason you are getting so many is because you are breaking laws. It's just a matter of playing within the rules of the game.

Pretty much.

I still break laws, but only in places where I feel the odds are very slim based on my current projections/probabilities. I also let other less wary people go first and "trigger any traps" ... minimizing my own risk.

All you have to do is think and imagine a bit, and it's pretty easy to avoid trouble.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
for some reason, I drive better off road than on road.

snow, sand, ice, dirt, mud, forests etc

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's INTP thread season now...