• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] how are INTP look wise?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, people seem to relate it to shyness. But it's not shyness.

It usually gets uncomfortable when they start drilling you as if you're shy though.

I just don't make eye contact, but if asked, I can stare deadly long into someone eyes until it scares them too, no problem.

I just enjoy having my eyes pointing 'at my thoughts' as opposed to pointing 'at other people'.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
well, I'm really picky and I know I won't mate with anyone who's average or below average. I'm pretty sure most INTP are picky too.
I seem to feel our good looks is only half of it !! The fashion part is eventually overcome when we begin to understand the basics and develop our strong sides.

I'm passively searching to meet an INTP already !

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
are they good looking? average? below average? I know every individual is different but I'm talking about general.

They're a little better looking than people who like peaches, but slightly less attractive than people who don't like celery.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We look surprisingly normal in just a moment-of-time snapshot, without any of the talking or behavior or whatnot.

It is those behaviors (or perhaps lack thereof) that may give a sense of our type.

Well, I guess some INTPs may wear clothes that say something about themselves, but my fashion choices vary from the nerdy humor t-shirts and 90s jeans to the almost-currently trendy fancy dress and overall put-togetherness, so fashion isn't a very reliable measurement.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think I personally know another INTP. I'd imagine they're as varied of someone with any ideological or psychological disposition. Of course, there is the fact that the types are more likely in one gender than the other (usually). It is conceivable, I suppose, that the same is true of other genetic differences.

Here's me, for point of reference or comparison. I'm either considering what is the most logically consistent view of the nature of time, evaluating the logical and moral conclusions that are resultant from Cartesian epistomology, or possible staring blankly at a salt shaker.

profilepic9325_1.gif

I'm probably staring at a salt shaker.

PS: There is a strong familial resemblance between myself and my father's side of the family. However, there is certainly not a shared MBTI. My dad was indistinguishable from me at my age, and I think he's ESFP.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
are they good looking? average? below average? I know every individual is different but I'm talking about general.

Are dark-haired yellow skinned people good looking? Average? Below average? I know every indiferent is different but I'm talking about general.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Anyone you see tomorrow could be INTP, but you'd never know. And we're watching you.

MiasmaResonance

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about all of this. I am an INTP female, and I usually dress nicely and comfortably when going out anywhere. When I was younger, I had no idea how to dress myself and usually just wore band t-shirts/long sleeve solid colours and jeans for quite some time. Although I'm sure it is possible for personality type and dress to be correlated, there are always exceptions, especially as one grows and matures.
As for mannerisms, I find myself to be slightly awkward in public places for some time before I get a feel for the atmosphere of the place. Only after becoming accustomed, am I comfortable. I still find myself to be out of place a lot, and do not do well with attention. I've observed this in others I have guessed to be INTP as well. Perhaps mannerisms can help you pick out an INTP more so than how they dress can.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, types barely correspond to appearance, but if I were to use an extreme example...

If you saw an Emo holding a calculator, and it wasn't in a math class or job, they'd probably be an INTP.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, types barely correspond to appearance, but if I were to use an extreme example...

If you saw an Emo holding a calculator, and it wasn't in a math class or job, they'd probably be an INTP.

Emo stereotypically corresponds to the type ISFP.

Nerds aren't emo! :D

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Meaning you can look at a picture of someone and guess their type? I'd like to see that proven in a prospective, randomized trial with enough enrollment to reach statistical significance.

To an extent, that has already happened. You see there is a known correlation between physical form and type. If someone is males, it is about 60% probable that they are thinker, where as females are 60% likely to be feelers.

The important thing to note, is that even with something as fundamental as gender, you still don't get better than a 60% correlation. Even so, I suspect that if you did do a large scale test on other features, especially ones that canbe controlled, you would find some relationship. I just doubt it would be very strong.

For example, if you did test to see which types are most likely to have tatoos, and found that 35% of people who did where SPs, that would be significant, because SPs only make up 25% of the population. You would then know that people with tatoos where more likely to be SPs, even if it was only a small increase in probability.

Unique

Hard to spot an INTP besides the detached look... to the sensors they think we are "lost"

Other than that... could look like anyone

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Never heard of an INTP Emo to be honest!

Of course I don't doubt there must be some out there.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never heard of an INTP Emo to be honest!

Of course I don't doubt there must be some out there.

What's his name with the AK47 as an avatar that got banned. He could be considered emo, I suppose. :p

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
take the ladies man, athletes, straight A students, EMOs, teacher's pets, geeks, hipsters, musicians, below D average students, all round cool kids, class clowns and bully's out of a class and your left with the INTP lol.....

rachel25lee

I'm an INTP/INTJ... I don't care in the least how I look; I litterally just grab pants and a shirt then leave. I don't even look at what socks I put on. I could careless if it matched or not. LOL The only time I care is when I think about the weather (sweater for snow, sandals for summer, etc.) and what would be most adiquately comfortable. So, yeah... And I don't care what's ON what I wear... Wether it's an old, torn, paint-splattered shirt or pajama bottoms, or green socks with yellow polka dots (Hey, that rhymes! XD). But, yeah... I don't care, as long as I'm comfortable; I doubt if many INTP/INTJs do this, 'cause so many people (regardless of their type) are embarassed to not care (concidering peer pressure from society)... However, it kinda makes sense to me... INTPs don't might not care what people think of them and what they say about them, so it sounds right to me. XD

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I am the most beautiful INTP.