• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How many girls can an INTP juggle at once?

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I've lived large parts of my life, gone to school, worked and have friends and family in 1 Latin and 1 Anglo-Saxon country, and have a whole lifetime of firsthand experience which completely proves that cultural norms affect what kind of behaviour introverts and extraverts will exhibit.

I know many INTX's in Latin coutnries and on this forum many people would consider them ENXX's. I know Latins who are into MBTI who also know anglo saxon culture, and agree.

I've been mulling over this a few days because it caught my eye for some reason.

I agree with you to some extent that cultural norms do affect behavior. However, I feel that culture doesn't effect introversion and extroversion, only the way some perceive what it is (Gah, that's a horrible way to say it). According to Jung, introversion and extroversion is determined by whether we are energized by our inside world or by our external world.

I think by saying that people mistyping INTX's in Latin countries for ENXX's is more due to people confusing introversion for shyness and extroversion for sociability. You can be an introvert and still be sociable and vice versa. While culture may change the way introverts act and the way society perceives them, they will still prefer their inner world over the outside world... you just may not be able to tell.

Of course, this isn't saying that an introvert can't change and become more extroverted, it's just saying that people confuse these definitions and make hasty judgments based off of them.

I need to mull over the T v. F part before I can write anymore about this... :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I've been mulling over this a few days because it caught my eye for some reason.

I agree with you to some extent that cultural norms do affect behavior. However, I feel that culture doesn't effect introversion and extroversion, only the way some perceive what it is (Gah, that's a horrible way to say it). According to Jung, introversion and extroversion is determined by whether we are energized by our inside world or by our external world.

I think by saying that people mistyping INTX's in Latin countries for ENXX's is more due to people confusing introversion for shyness and extroversion for sociability. You can be an introvert and still be sociable and vice versa. While culture may change the way introverts act and the way society perceives them, they will still prefer their inner world over the outside world... you just may not be able to tell.

Of course, this isn't saying that an introvert can't change and become more extroverted, it's just saying that people confuse these definitions and make hasty judgments based off of them.

I need to mull over the T v. F part before I can write anymore about this... :D

I didn't mean to say that culture changes introversion vs extraversion or nay other MBTI variable; it jsut changes the way these are expressed. Menaing that coming from a culture that is more sociable, will lead to many I's on online forums etc. being mistyped by less sociable cultures as E's

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE

Yes! Maybe you can also put this through your multicultural lense theory :)

From observation (mostly lesbian/queer INTP females) it seems like an INTP is open to dating or sleeping around when there is no real apple of their eye around, but otherwise monogamy suits them well. INTPs seem to get fixated/crushed out on just 1 person.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
it seems like an INTP is open to dating or sleeping around when there is no real apple of their eye around, but otherwise monogamy suits them well. INTPs seem to get fixated/crushed out on just 1 person.

When you put it like that I agree.

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP

Naomi Quenk’s book, Was that really me? How everyday stress brings out our hidden personality, is based on Jung’s theory that when we go through major stress, our dominant personality type gets subverted so we present a shadow side to the world. We tend to have a strong sense of being “Not quite myself”. Quenk refers to this state as being in-the-grip.

Each of the 16 personality types profiled by MBTI has its own unique in-the-grip pattern which highlights the stressors, typical behaviors, and strategies for returning to equilibrium.
http://positivepsychologynews.com/news/fiona-parashar/200905101898
====================================
I just felt you were getting super detailed with your responses and a little on the edge. Characteristic of INTP... in the Grip patterns.

I ordered the book last week and feel relieved already.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well I found it rather justifying when I read in the Myers Briggs profile that INTP's seem to define their own mating patterns, generally outside of the social norms.

In my case, its simply the long search for the right one that will make the difference.

If you have multiple relationships with different people on different days of the week because of work, distance or what have you, it seems like part of humanity that you are talking and sharing intimate moments with another human that has emotions, needs and finds you an interesting potential lifelong partner. Who knows if things will last a year, two, three or even 10 years.

Giving life and others my best in my book means loving without succumbing to the "jealous" demands of partners that want it all knowing all the while that things are not ideally the best match.

This is the problem I tend to have as I become more open. Its not sexual relationships as I am married, but some type of intimacy and openness is present in all and in all I keep a playful nature while leaving the door open for seriousness.

In regard to openness and intimacy, I share different things with each of them. Along time ago when me and my wife were dating I had an open conversation with another girl while we were all on a car drive. She confronted me later in private about it and I told her that the only reason she didnt know these things was because mine and her conversation never took that route. Its something that I think any person that dominates conversations has a harder time understanding about people who just follow the path that others take in conversation. Some areas I will keep off limits and just listen.

I try to draw the line between hiding and not hiding, but the one thing I learned a few years ago that I merge into every relationship I have is transparency. At the end of the day have I broken anything that I was not supposed to do that we cannot get past. I think about this with every person I let close, how will what I do affect everyone else that is close to me at the end of the day. This is one path I take in an attempt to be able to keep my privacy. I merge transparency together with privacy, im not perfect at it, but this is what I try to do. It hurts me just as much to lose the closeness as it hurts them.