• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs are the scariest type?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm always a little intimidated by the precious few ENTJs I've known in real life. They're pretty intense sometimes, but we seem to get along ok. Conversations with them are rarely very deep, they don't seem too keen on "feelings" and such. The ones that it did get that deep, they told me I was easy to talk too, which was nice to hear.

I dunno. I like them, but I do worry sometimes that they may perceive me as weak or "in need of protection" which kind of sweet (and insulting at the same time) but I rarely take offense. If anything, I just end up feeling like I let someone down for some strange damned reason.

Sometimes I dislike being a Feeler.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Lol at some of the comments in here.

1) Always with the goddamned ENTP telling how they aren't afraid of the ENTJ.

2) Someone with the word "silly" on her name telling how ENTJ can be handled.. I don't know where you come from, but your "handling methods" really sound like the ENTJ handling YOU. It might be any way, though. Hell, it might even be a case of both of you handling each other skillfully. Lol.

Point of thought for everyone.

It's easy to be intimidating if you so choose. Just being aggressive, appearing insane, etc. any combo can do the trick. Now, wouldsome expressive long-range thinker take that as their goal?

It's more likely that an ENTJ might situationally choose to project an intimidating image and attempt to be friendly and very co-operative the other time. The scary moments stay in the memory longer, though.

It's most probable that an ENTJ who doesn't appear scary isn't even trying. Did that ever occur to you?

If it isn't absolutely clear already, ENTJs don't probably view "scariness" as any kind of merit, even though it's good not to be a total pushover. All in all, an ENTJ who seems scary is just probably making an effort - though too little of an effort - to appear friendly at the time :D

Rawr.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hrm, I was hasty in my response. The last page of messages on this thread don't really warrant the kind of tone I exhibited in my last post. Sorry!

(Everything's cool and all that)

*goes to sprinkle fairy dust on the thread*

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
well some ENTJ males I find to be massive assholes but Im usually not intimidated unless they are trying to be up in my face angry. They usually just piss me off with their nonesense really. I think some ENTJs just try to be intimidating to find their social stature/advantage with you. If you resist their attempts they usually stop the intimidation.

The ENTJ females on the other hand I find quite charming and :wubbie: when they try to use their intimidation factor. I had a ENTJ female boss and we got along really well. When I had bigger problems even when I was working for the other bosses I sometimes went to her. We had a much better understanding of eachother than the other bosses.

I can see an ENTJ would be good in my life, since I need their honesty and ability to push me forward, since I sometimes lack the motivation to do many things or try and excel at things.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's easy to be intimidating if you so choose. Just being aggressive, appearing insane, etc. any combo can do the trick. Now, wouldsome expressive long-range thinker take that as their goal?

It's more likely that an ENTJ might situationally choose to project an intimidating image and attempt to be friendly and very co-operative the other time. The scary moments stay in the memory longer, though.
Yes. I'm sure ENTJ intimidation can sometimes be deliberate, done to achieve a specific purpose. INTJs can do this as well, though it has a different flavor to it. Both NTJ types can also be unintentionally intimidating, however, just by virtue of how we operate, communicate, and generally conduct ourselves. It seems to be a combination of focus/intensity, purposefulness, ability, self-control, and unusual or unpredictable perspectives/reactions. With ENTJs, there is a greater sense of outward forcefulness; with INTJs, a sense of not knowing what we have up our sleeves. Many people are not at all phased by these combinations, but they do seem to intimidate others (perhaps certain types moreso), even when no intimidation is intended or desired.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about the Geico Gecko?

26238-geico_gecko.jpg

I've been itching to find out what his type is lol

I hope he's an ENTJ .. all he needs is a spiffy business suit
I think he's ENFP, myself.

KDude

Yes. I'm sure ENTJ intimidation can sometimes be deliberate, done to achieve a specific purpose. INTJs can do this as well, though it has a different flavor to it. Both NTJ types can also be unintentionally intimidating, however, just by virtue of how we operate, communicate, and generally conduct ourselves. It seems to be a combination of focus/intensity, purposefulness, ability, self-control, and unusual or unpredictable perspectives/reactions. With ENTJs, there is a greater sense of outward forcefulness; with INTJs, a sense of not knowing what we have up our sleeves. Many people are not at all phased by these combinations, but they do seem to intimidate others (perhaps certain types moreso), even when no intimidation is intended or desired.

It's the Se (and I guess the wonky Fi). The conscious or unconscious desires to push your presence. I'm not an NTJ, but there's something I identify with about it too (and on a sidenote, it seems like ISPs are the only ones with the most chilled out perspective of Se).

As a tertiary function, Se often leads ENJs to maintain a certain show of force. If reason won't persuade you to play along sensibly, maybe that rifle on my wall will. I won't say anything explicit, but you know as well as I do that we don't want to go there. The unstated threat need not be violent, of course. It might just be to fire you. There's always something in the ENJ's bargaining position held in reserve, which would really pinch if he used it, and you know at a gut level that he wouldn't hesitate to use it if you got out of line. Some ENJs depend heavily on a Douglas Macarthur-like sense of theatrics and spectacle to keep the masses bedazzled while they do what they think needs doing. Sometimes tertiary Se leads ENJs to practice a peculiar philosophy of "honesty": the sort where if you feel like punching someone in the face, you view it as "dishonest" to refrain from doing so--a philosophy of giving vent to whatever your animal nature comes up with at the moment, and having the "courage" to deal with the consequences without anticipating them. Mild forms include yelling louder than someone to win an argument, or demonstrating by your physical demeanor that you are viscerally more committed to something than an opponent. From the Se perspective, "in a conflict, the more committed party always wins." (An Ni perspective would lead you to search for a third way, one that dissolves the conflict rather than winning it.)

As an inferior function, Se often leads INJs in either (or both) of two directions: to shun everything of a bodily nature as corrupt and animal (e.g. Immanuel Kant), or to crave "letting loose" and table-dancing or delivering some serious violence. In the grip of the inferior function, they try to make others feel weak by displays of physical power (or trying to get others to compare themselves with physically powerful people), but usually end up only making themselves feel like helpless bugs. "See how POWERFUL I am? See my ANIMAL MAGNETISM?" Some get into guns or karate, taking an off-kilter delight in fantasies of getting into a confrontation with someone and surprising the hell out of them with the damage they can do (see Taxi Driver). Some idolize jazz musicians as people who are completely in touch with their animal selves, able to "let go". Some join academic cliques where the object is to make other people feel unpopular by snubbing them for not being up on the latest intellectual fashions--a sort of faux popularity contest, where the wider social standards are reversed and the most unintelligible gibberish gets the most attention. Some use esoteric jazz or modern art to make a twisted marriage of Ni and Se: "It might sound like an incoherent mish-mash of notes to you, but that only shows that you lack the finer discernment of the really cool people." A different way, perhaps the genuine reunification with the inferior function, is to find an unconditional pleasure in "the now" and a peaceful, live-and-let-live philosophy--enjoying each moment, "being present" no matter what comes

Naturally, you can see plenty of tertiary-style in INJs, even inferior-style in (criminal) ESPs, etc

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol at some of the comments in here.

1) Always with the goddamned ENTP telling how they aren't afraid of the ENTJ.

I bet you assumed that ENTJs aren't ever intimidated by ENTPs here, if we turned the tables you'd probably find some ENTJs denying the possiblility of intimidation.

It's not quite that easy, you have to know what drives people nuts or what shatters them and that takes experience and a bitter manipulative mind.

Verbal intimidation and abuse can be a good form of control. EXTJs/EXTPs are quite often E8s, and 8s fear is not having control. Same thing goes with physical intimidation. It's kind of likely that they may feel the need to cut you down if you look like a threat.

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
im not scared of an entj ill kick theyre a**

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
thx :)

Last edited:

KDude

Dude, he's got Ben-Hur, Apollo Creed, Rahm Emanuel, and the color pink all up in your face.

Yeah, I suggest you don't mess with him. :cool:

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I bet you assumed that ENTJs aren't ever intimidated by ENTPs here, if we turned the tables you'd probably find some ENTJs denying the possiblility of intimidation.
Uh, apart from some very few abrasive ENTJ who leave the forum after short time of abrasiveness.. who the hell propagates this myth?

In the risk of being bloody obvious - we DON'T propagate this "scary type" myth for the ENTJ nearly enough so that anyone would need an ENTP to bust it.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
But really i don't get the reasoning here. Why would anyone be intimidated by person simply because of the assertiveness of their presence and personality. Unless your under threat by negative consequences, when interacting with said person, i don't see why anyone would feel uneasy or startled. People are people, aslong as you keep your cool and remain ineffectual, this unsubstantiated feeling will go away.

rav3n

Uh, apart from some very few abrasive ENTJ who leave the forum after short time of abrasiveness.. who the hell propagates this myth?

In the risk of being bloody obvious - we DON'T propagate this "scary type" myth for the ENTJ nearly enough so that anyone would need an ENTP to bust it.
YES! While it's fun to play into the stereotype, it's just that, playfulness.

Who wants to be scary? ENTJs don't often wear goalie masks.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I never said anything like that, however I know ENTJs, and they can be intimidating to some people, but not all. From what it seems, they don't necessarily try to be intimidating and scary, they are often just doing what is logical and safe and they certainly don't mind telling people what to do if they feel it is necessary.

I don't care about any of this propagation of sterotypes, it is not my agenda to bust it or craft it. You do seem to enjoy speaking on behalf of an entire personality type, could you just say 'I' instead of ENTJ or 'we'??

But really i don't get the reasoning here. Why would anyone be intimidated by person simply because of the assertiveness of their presence and personality. Unless your under threat by negative consequences, when interacting with said person, i don't see why anyone would feel uneasy or startled. People are people, aslong as you keep your cool and remain ineffectual, this unsubstantiated feeling will go away.

Some people just can't do that. They have egos and a whole forest in their heads that can just get in the way. It can be like telling a war veteran that they are a waste of space and should get the **** out of the country that they fought for. I can't imagine any person that would remain cool and ineffectual when exposed to something like that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Most of the ENTJs on this forum are awesome. Or at least they don't scare me.

There is one ENTJ female who likes to play dominance games (more on vent than on the forum) but she don't scare me. I think she frightens other users a little sometimes, though.

Like rebe said, I think healthy ENTJs can even be mistaken for ENFJ at first if you're on their good side.