• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs are the scariest type?

Lark

See to be honest most of the scary people who people typify as ENTJs are not ENTJs but are wannabes or people who arent behaving true to type but succeed in giving ENTJs a bad rap because they get labelled as ENTJ.

Not every single authority figure or golden gecko is an ENTJ.

F

figsfiggyfigs

See to be honest most of the scary people who people typify as ENTJs are not ENTJs but are wannabes or people who arent behaving true to type but succeed in giving ENTJs a bad rap because they get labelled as ENTJ.

well.. there ARE unhealthy ENTJ's, they can be pretty damn frightening... :shrug:

Lark

well.. there ARE unhealthy ENTJ's, they can be pretty damn frightening... :shrug:

They behave in ways that arent really associated with ENTJness though wouldnt you say?

An ENTJ that's gotten their personality bent out of shape I imagine to be someone who's got hyper Fi (is that the right use of the i or should it be Fe, still getting this part of the theory down) and become moody or cant handle their emotions well. Their shadow is in their way big style.

I just read the thread and see people considering healthy ENTJness to be scary.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
People seem to be intimidated by me. For example, when I started working at the job I've now been at for two years, people would avoid taking the register (Grocery store, FTW!) next to me, because I always seemed angry. They would be rude to me for no reason, forcing me to be a bitch because I felt isolated when I wasn't even mad to begin with, and then about six months in I was about to quit because it was horrible...something magical happen.

This enfp chick who was hired at the same time...she came up to me, noticing I was near tears -- A monster who cries?! and it was during the holiday season -- and she realized that I actually did have feelings. Up until that point, they thought I was this thing that was angry, loud, and overbearing.

I couldn't imagine another college-job now. I think it is a matter of being perceived as angry and intimidating, like you are going to bite people's heads off at any moment. When people see that you aren't that way at all, we become less scary.

New people are still frightened by me though. I tend to come on strong as I try to size people up as soon as they start working, while everyone else kind of watches to see my reaction to them. New people hate me at first, but in a couple weeks we (most of the time) are good chums.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ

What about the Geico Gecko?

26238-geico_gecko.jpg

I've been itching to find out what his type is lol

I hope he's an ENTJ .. all he needs is a spiffy business suit

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about the Geico Gecko?

26238-geico_gecko.jpg

I've been itching to find out what his type is lol

I hope he's an ENTJ .. all he needs is a spiffy business suit

Exactly. Only a P would dress so inappropriately.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTJs aren't intimidating, they're too reasonable.

This.

I don't know if I know a whole lot of ENTJs, but I know one for sure and he's extremely reasonable and actually has a calming presence, because he's not bothered by much. At least he affects me that way. I also think ExTJs are nurturing in this weird sort of way *if they like you*.

He just talks about business and money and success, and seems driven to do things. He's really nice. Really, really nice. But he makes sick jokes like an INTJ would...like once he said he likes to hurt cute things so I'd better watch out.

When I first met him I was mildly intimidated for about five minutes, but then he opened his mouth.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I've met a lot of different ENTJs.

I really can't find one uniform opinion about this type, but that's like most all types, really.

I've read that they like to give out orders even when there's no reason to do so. My Dad, who is an ENTJ (albeit only barely a thinker) does this all the time. If I was opening a door, he might direct me to "Open the door." I was always thinking, "What do you think I'm doing here?" He loves to direct people, even if they don't need it. He always evaluates my every move, usually negatively. I think you could argue he has some unhealthy ENTJ traits. Now that I understand him better, I know that's just his way of trying to make the best of a situation. However, it still can be bothersome. He is quite overbearing at times. He just can't stop doing it; I've tried to help him stop but he isn't capable. He knows this, and has trouble tolerating that I often don't do what he says. So, it sadly becomes a mutual lack of tolerance. He isn't especially scary though; when he wants to be he could be, but he's just a mad director, not an intimidator.

There are other ENTJs I've met in life who fit the "scary" image and scare the crap out of certain people. I understand why some find them scary, but I don't personally find them to be that way because I tend to see through their fascades. I think only unhealthy ENTJs rely heavily on intimidation of others to promote themselves. I've met a few of these ENTJs. They tend to be neutral with me, but occasionally I meet one that doesn't like me. When this happens, our personalities repel each other and interaction becomes either minimal or completely non-existant. When I see how they treat others, though, I'm glad it's this way. Not that unhealthy INFJs are any better, by any means. But we're talking about ENTJs here.

The ENTJs I'm really cool with tend to not fit the stereotypical unhealthy images. They embody the positive traits of the personality type such as reliability, honesty, integrity and intelligence, without being overbearing. It's kind of how good INTJs are; the unhealthy ones are arrogant and elitest sometimes, but the healthy ones care for others and help them. They just tend to do it because they "think" it's the right thing, not because they "feel" it's the right thing. Honestly, it doesn't matter if thinking or feeling triggers your decisions as long as you're making the right decisions.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I think my boss is ENTJ. He is very intimidating when he is angry. I thought he's ENFJ but ... he's just not ... warm on the inside. He loves to mock people and has a dark, sick kind of humor - it is so darn funny. We were watching the news one morning about the guys stuck in the mines in Chile (or somewhere) and he was like ... you think they are being paid over-time? He is usually very charming and calm but once he's angry...RUN. He is very directive and a honest person. He found $300 once and kept it for the customer. I think he's in a job position that's beneath his skills/charisma. Just today, he was trying to tell me what to do with 1.5 million dollars if I won the lottery.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Why don't you just marry him.

cless986

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have an ENTJ dad... the only person in the world that I respect and fear at the same time...

KDude

I think the problem is that NTJs have scary "shadows". Like someone was saying above, Fi could erupt in unhealthy ways, depending on the person's history. There's nothing about their preferred behavior/Te-Ni that says "scary" though. Other than losing patience with a Fi type's methods maybe. Te vs Fi.. that's just a given. A fact of life. Not necessarily an evil one either. It's not like they come crashing down like Emperor Nero or some shit. Same goes for ESTJs.

In Naomi Quenk's book, what surprised me about the ETJ section is how open they are about their emotions, once they can relax. She used funny examples of ETJs writing a lot of sentimental postcards in their downtime, crying at romantic movies, philanthropic projects, artistic skills, etc.. Basically, they're just normal people.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
They're not the scariest type because they're too reasonable. Someone with their powerful presence but without their self-control and submission to reason would be *cough*Hitler*cough* much scarier.

rav3n

In Naomi Quenk's book, what surprised me about the ETJ section is how open they are about their emotions, once they can relax. She used funny examples of ETJs writing a lot of sentimental postcards in their downtime, crying at romantic movies, philanthropic projects, artistic skills, etc.. Basically, they're just normal people.
That's a pretty kind way to describe wonky Fi! :smile:

F

figsfiggyfigs

I think the problem is that NTJs have scary "shadows". Like someone was saying above, Fi could erupt in unhealthy ways, depending on the person's history. There's nothing about their preferred behavior/Te-Ni that says "scary" though. Other than losing patience with a Fi type's methods maybe. Te vs Fi.. that's just a given. A fact of life. Not necessarily an evil one either. It's not like they come crashing down like Emperor Nero or some shit. Same goes for ESTJs.

That made me laugh. esp the " normal people" part :rofl1:

I'll admit it though, once I'm EXTREMELY close to someone, like a best friend who knows everything about me. I am comfortable sharing my feelings, and I'll bust their asses if they make fun of me. :laugh:
I've done the sentimental postcard thing to my best friends, writing the cheesiest thing in the world and sending it, becuase its honestly what I think of them.
I also draw pictures for my best friends of their favourite things or of them..

I'm 50/50 on the romantic movies. I'm pretty cold and skeptical about that stuff. I'm more likely to tear-up/cry when it's about friendship, or parent/child, sibling relationships.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm more likely to tear-up/cry when it's about friendship, or parent/child, sibling relationships.

Me too! I remember when I was a kid and I watched this movie about a boy and his panda! He was sick and his mother couldn't afford to keep the panda AND buy the boy medicine so they had to sell the panda and the boy hated his mom for a long time and the mother died before the boy grew up. Sadest thing ever!

Heroism also makes me weepy.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
donno, ESTPs can be very intimidating if you piss them off enough, or if they want something badly enough