• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who make the best villains? INTJ or ENTP?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think INTJs make better villains because they're naturally strategic and possess a level of emotional self-control that is both creepy and admirable. Also, dry wit always makes for a more lovable villain.

fduniho

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For an INTP villain, I would suggest Curt Connors, a.k.a. the Lizard. He's principally a scientist working on something that will benefit himself personally, but it goes horribly wrong.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
For an INTP villain, I would suggest Curt Connors, a.k.a. the Lizard. He's principally a scientist working on something that will benefit himself personally, but it goes horribly wrong.

Problem: Curt Conners may be an INTP, but he and the Lizard are not the same, just like Dr. Jekyll may well be INTP, but Mr. Hyde is most assuredly not. Hence, it isn't the villain that's INTP. In the case of Dr. Jekyll especially, it's the protagonist.

I guess, from a utilitarian standpoint, where only outcome matters, Conners and Jekyll are evil. But from a Kantian(motivation/duty) or Aristotelian (character) standpoint, they're actually very good people who wanted to help the world.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're practically your staple villains, with a few ENTJ's and other types occasionally thrown into the pot. Probably, apart from their NT, because of the way they often rebel against society in a way that ENTJ's and INTP's don't. Anyway, which do you think is the best at being evil?

Some INTJ villains include:

Professor Moriarty
Hannibal Lecter
Light Yagami
Mr Glass
Darth Sidius (Maybe Vader also)
Lex Luthor
Voldemort

Some ENTP villains include

John Simms as The Master
Tho joker (Though I have heard a pretty convincing argument he was INTJ)
Count Olaf

Uh... hit a mental blank but there are quite a few more. Anyway, which type do you think are more effective and/or more entertaining as villains?

I'd like to see the argument about the joker being INTJ. Doesn't seem at all likely to me. He almost seems like a stereotype of ENTP.

I think INTJs make better serious villains and ENTPs make better comedic villains.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NTs as villains are so cliche, I want to know more about NFs as villains.
NF villains are either emo, deluded, or quick to anger and deliciously sadistic. Sometimes all of the above.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Going back a few pages, while I agree the Joker is ENTP, are we saying it is impossible for an INTP to have a non-knowledge based motive? Why would the joker being sadistic and enjoying inflicting pain stop him from being INTP?

And Johnny the homocidal maniac is an INTP villain I think.

And I prefer INTJ villains, but ENTPs can be good too.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Mastermind figure conveys too much reverence and respect. The Trickster is much more interesting and can even shoot himself in the foot as he goes along. We don't have to wait for the finale to see the Mastermind showing his weak defeated face....and the trickster is least likely to show it at all..

Okay, I'm just spewing bullshit ain't i?

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
id say intj's would make the better villains. they know what theyre doing.
entp's would just be chaotic troublemakers. they act on impulse.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Going back a few pages, while I agree the Joker is ENTP, are we saying it is impossible for an INTP to have a non-knowledge based motive? Why would the joker being sadistic and enjoying inflicting pain stop him from being INTP?

And Johnny the homocidal maniac is an INTP villain I think.

And I prefer INTJ villains, but ENTPs can be good too.

I don't know much about him and can't comment. I don't know if it is the only motive, but personal curiosity seems like the most probable motivation for an evil INTP to me.

Alternately, expression of some deeply held belief despite society generally condemning the practice could also be a motive, probably not quite as interested in converting other to their way of thinking as the ENTP baddie may be.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INTJ villain has, to me, become stereotypical. On the other hand, I love ENTP villains - Jim Moriarty from Sherlock is my favourite villain ever because he does everything on a whim (I sometimes consider him an ENFP gone horribly, horribly wrong, though). The creative and unpredictable ENTP villain who will always pop up and do something weird and totally creepy when you least expect it is something I'll never tire of.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
They're practically your staple villains, with a few ENTJ's and other types occasionally thrown into the pot. Probably, apart from their NT, because of the way they often rebel against society in a way that ENTJ's and INTP's don't. Anyway, which do you think is the best at being evil?

Some INTJ villains include:

Professor Moriarty
Hannibal Lecter
Light Yagami
Mr Glass
Darth Sidius (Maybe Vader also)
Lex Luthor
Voldemort

Some ENTP villains include

John Simms as The Master
Tho joker (Though I have heard a pretty convincing argument he was INTJ)
Count Olaf

Uh... hit a mental blank but there are quite a few more. Anyway, which type do you think are more effective and/or more entertaining as villains?

ENTJ's are my favorite villains

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If an INTJ and ENTP fight each other, who wins?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The INTJ, of course. But the ENTP will think he won, and go around telling that to everyone.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ =

13_emperor_starwars.jpg

ENTP =

images

Which one is more fearsome? ;)

The INTJ, of course. But the ENTP will think he won, and go around telling that to everyone.
:laugh: Totally. Did you ever watch The Powerpuff Girls? Mojo Jojo was totally like that.

images

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm... They're both good villains. Actually watching Palpatine scheme was one of the better parts of the prequel trilogy.

Who would I rather go up against? I suppose the Emperor. I might be able to guess what he's playing at, and do something he wouldn't expect. With the Joker, it doesn't matter what he expects, because Ne would come up with a response anyway. As much as I love Ne, the unpredictablity and difficulty of "systematizing" Ne run amok can be terrifying to a Ti dom.

So, ENTP's make better villains, because they are so inscrutable.

Come to think of it, does anyone know of an ENFP villains?