• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What is it people want?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unlimited isn't it.

Mostly sensory stimuli. I can prove anyone wrong if they try to prove this wrong.

:yes: Ads that sell that kind of stuff disgust me somewhat- take Wrigley's "Stimulate your senses" ads for example.

Last edited:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly I suck it up, and grit my teeth. If it's too much, I remove myself.
If I care about you, I'll attempt to talk it over when I'm calm. Otherwise, I just won't bother because I really don't care.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I disagree:newwink:

But yeah even as an NF sycophant this yes-man, uni-mind bullshit can be annoying for me. I have no problem disagreeing with people as long as it hasn't devolved into "I am louder, more aggressive therefore I am right" debate. They usually do win because I shrink back from their intimidation, but to me debates don't have to be confrontations, they're more like a cooperative ironing out of the truth (or at least should be). The most argumentative people I know are also the dumbest and least logical, I hope the rest of you don't have that problem. It gets frustrating getting beat into submission by obnoxiousness.

But I really don't mind people arguing so much as I mind people nitpicking and magnifying insignificant details. This is where I occasionally run into problems with thinking types, probably just immature ones (or maybe I am the immature one who can't be bothered to pay attention to details)

Person #1: I like spaghetti with a lot of sauce
Person #2: I like spaghetti with a moderate amount of sauce
Person #1 & #2: We are far too different to ever get along, let us go our separate ways

Sometimes sacrificing a little truth just to shut up overly emotional idiots, tedious know-it-all's and to bridge interpersonal gaps is necessary, so I just give in to small things. However I acknowledge there can be a problem with this submissiveness, if you don't know when to be assertive like me.

My Fe-dom ex was a terrible monstrous girl to argue with. I ended up just giving in and giving in to her illogical and unfair points until the next thing you know I felt so stifled and marginalized that I had to restrain myself from bashing her over the head and savagely murdering her.:steam:It is nearing the 1 year anniversary of our break-up and I am still festering with all my unexpressed resentment.
There is a balance that I think is important to strike between conceding your point and never compromising what you think is true.

OMG!!! I could have written this post myself.. Esepcially the bold.. although it's just past the 5 month mark for me.. and I am forgiving her and myself more and more each day.. I think I understand the why of the situation and we had it rough..There is still some resentment though:blush:

Otherwise this a very well worded post.

I feel like I can't win.. I either get walked all over or stand up for myself and make enemies. I have alredy ruffled some feathers here and don't think I am too popular with a few members.
So like mentioned already, I am resented for being weak or hated for being strong.
Very frustrating

yvonne

A passer by
MBTI Type
INfP
Enneagram
5w4
it's pretty hard when you think you have something to say (and you think it's an intelligent thing to say, too)... but you won't, because there's someone in a group everyone sort of bows/ caters to, just because they're loud and obnoxious... but anyway... enough about that. the problem is probably me, anyway. at least there's a chance to leave, if you feel you are being beat into submission...

being flexible is one thing and being submissive is another... and i refuse to be submissive, but i refuse to be a problem... and sometimes with people like that it's impossible to compromise... sigh.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think they don't have hobbies and are bored so they interfere with other people for entertainment. If you look like you aren't bored and don't want to play with them, they take it personally and mess with you more.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
People want to suck the very life force out of others. Sheesh, I hate people. They make me so angry, and very very few of them aren't soulsucking parasites.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People want to suck the very life force out of others. Sheesh, I hate people. They make me so angry, and very very few of them aren't soulsucking parasites.

ime, only a few are 'soulsucking', the majority are okay. It's just that it only takes one person to spoil the whole bunch, and people are inherently imperfect, and hence spoiled.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ime, only a few are 'soulsucking', the majority are okay. It's just that it only takes one person to spoil the whole bunch, and people are inherently imperfect, and hence spoiled.

Of course. But when you find yourself surrounded by those people, you become bitter and misanthropic about the whole thing.