• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] What do INTPs and INTJs think about each other?

Porcelain

MBTI Type
INTJ
So I just realized that everyone that I consider myself to click with is an INTP. Do any other INTJs find themselves drawn to INTPs more so than other types? What do INTPs think about INTJs?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not drawn to INTPs more than any other type. There are about 5 or 6 types I'm drawn to more before INTPs. I have no problem with INTPs though. Actually when it comes to INTPs the range of differences between the type is very vast. Perhaps more so than any other type. I find I can be drawn to one INTP and repelled away from another. One clicks and the other I cannot even try to get myself to like.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I find INTJ's are somewhat more likely to be activists than INTP's, so I've ended up working with a lot of them, and learnt many good traits (like keeping an agenda, taking notes at meetings, setting out plans clearly).

I get on well, though I find there's a divide between the contented "chilled out" ones who have settled on a role in the world, and the "angsty" ones who have not yet - definitely get on with the former more easily.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If INTJ's are the rule, INTP's are the exception. :p

What I've noticed from my INTP-INTJ relations, is that we generally get along well, once we get to know each other. But I can totally stroke an INTJ I don't know in the wrong way from time to time. I never seem to have a problem with INTJ's though. I benefit from their Te. It's like they do my dirty work.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get on well, though I find there's a divide between the contented "chilled out" ones who have settled on a role in the world, and the "angsty" ones who have not yet - definitely get on with the former more easily.
Chilled out INTJ? Sounds like an oxymoron.

I never met one I "clicked" with, to my knowledge. I find them difficult to read. And prickly.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i have had intj friend for over 10 years, but for some reason we never really spent much time just the two of us. his Ti stupidity is pretty funny to me at times, but he is really smart Te/Ni. we have had some really fun quantum physic(and things related) talks that lasted till 9am.

we have always been kind of rivals someway, nothing serious, but like "muah, i can do this better than you"(we actually say it like that at times)

I benefit from their Te. It's like they do my dirty work.

and this for sure :D

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram

I never met one I "clicked" with, to my knowledge. I find them difficult to read. And prickly.

Ok not chilled out about plans and timekeeping maybe, but imagine a secure, phlegmatic INTJ, then imagine an angsty, neurotic INTJ.

that's the diff I was referring to. :tongue:

themightybob

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I feel very comfortable with intps more so than any type,they often share my interests but are more laid back and easier to get along with than the few intjs i have met. I find it very difficult to get along with other intjs. I have only known three other intjs none of them very closely, however i do remember getting into quite intense arguements with all of them.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The two INTJ's in my family were two of my favorite people in the world. Because we were close family members, I was automatically a part of their inner circle. I was able to gain access past that tough outer layer. Once you get past that outer layer, it gets pretty interesting (in a good way).

The INTJ's that I meet are very intriguing and I've said this before, but it's like they don't want to be friends. I keep a pretty small circle of friends myself, but when I see the INTx in them, I see a lot of friendship potential or at least a good contact to have that could perhaps be mutually beneficial in terms of knowledge sharing and stuff like that.

But, as someone else alluded to, they're kind of prickly. I don't know if highly introverted INTP's come off that way too, but I've never met another type that seemed less interested in making friends than my own type is (until I met a few INTJ's). Usually I'm the one giving off the "leave me alone" vibe, but the INTJ's I've met (outside of my family) just seem to give off a vibe of "Yeah, we're cool with each other, but keep your distance fool!" Which kind of sucks, because I know how much fun these types can have together.

What's up with that INTJ's?

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx

Prickly, yes. Also can be a bit bossy. But in a working environment, I vastly prefer them to other INTPs because they have their shit together and don't waffle about making decisions.

On a vacation however, I prefer an INTP like myself. I have to remind INTJ friends/relatives sometimes that they are ON vacation and no we don't need to re-read the 10-point agenda for the day, thank you.

Edited to add that really this could be a general comment about J/P types. Mostly because (obviously) that's the main difference. Otherwise INTJ are great. We get the same humor, aren't phased by "but think of the children" and can nerd out quite happily.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do get along with INTPs quite well - better in fact than other INTJs. We seem to compliment each other while not being so different that there is much conflict. INTPs seem to calm me down.

Lurker

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTJs: We share similar interests and hold engaging conversations. There is always an underlying level of tension, regardless. Their seemingly endless sarcasm wears me down after time (even if I get a kick out of it, too), and my goofy silliness irritates them, although I make them laugh. Summary: We amuse each other and irritate each other in equal measure. Each thinks the other is interesting, but slightly deficient. There is little to no emotional connection, but plenty of jokes and ideas are tossed around. Intellectually stimulating, emotionally void.

Also, there are no worries about being politically correct or sensitive about certain topics. Anything goes. Fun, but abrasive simultaneously...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LTEW said:
The peculiar disconnect that nearly always happens between INTJs and INTPs. From the INTJ's standpoint: "He seems awfully attached to his model, as if it's the only possible one. There are so many possibilities he hasn't ruled out. His argumentation is simply unfair: he is choosing observations to stack the deck to favor his interpretation over all others. He seems oblivious to the complexity of the subject. He does not seem to know what he's doing."

From the INTP's standpoint: "I'm trying to point things out and draw distinctions in order to define a vocabulary that carves out some aspect of the subject matter. That would be forward progress. But he refuses to look. He keeps translating everything I say into some moronic vocabulary that he's already familiar with, where what I'm saying is a trivial goof. He seems completely stuck in his box."

:laugh:

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not good at typing, but the self-identified INTPs I've encountered are awesome. They're enough like me that I get them, but different enough that they're not boring. If only they made more sense! :p

On a vacation however, I prefer an INTP like myself. I have to remind INTJ friends/relatives sometimes that they are ON vacation and no we don't need to re-read the 10-point agenda for the day, thank you.

This made me laugh, because I have been accused of this on more than one occasion. One travel companion went so far as to derisively make me a "Clipboard Of Fun" to organize all my schedules and information.

overactor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
i have a INxJ (tho i would guess T rather than F) friend
and we get along great, same interest and can talk for hours but seem to disagree a whole lot

also, this may be a weird way of putting it but:
house and einstein, i TOTALLY see it working

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^Hedgehog's dilemma...astute point

I don't know many in the irl but am found of the the type and can relate to their writings more than any other types. Someday may look for an INTJ as a business partner...if we don't kill each other we will do well. The idea of an INTJ female mate sounds cool but a lot of the few I have ran across seem too serious.

dividend

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have an INTP boyfriend. I think, if I had not met him when he was drunk, and if my interest in him had not been piqued by a mutual friend (who just thought we would get along well), we would not have had a chance to intrigue each other enough to get to an actual date.

INTJs: We share similar interests and hold engaging conversations. There is always an underlying level of tension, regardless. Their seemingly endless sarcasm wears me down after time (even if I get a kick out of it, too), and my goofy silliness irritates them, although I make them laugh. Summary: We amuse each other and irritate each other in equal measure. Each thinks the other is interesting, but slightly deficient. There is little to no emotional connection, but plenty of jokes and ideas are tossed around. Intellectually stimulating, emotionally void.

Also, there are no worries about being politically correct or sensitive about certain topics. Anything goes. Fun, but abrasive simultaneously...

This makes me smile, because this is very much how it is for us, and I love it. We definitely have an emotional, physical connection, though. I've never met anyone else who could kiss me so thoroughly I was actually dizzy.

Where we have disconnects are things like planning/organizing. I am an extremely organized list maker. I'm not sure we could take a long vacation together without his laid back, whatever attitude giving me an anxiety attack. Or I might have 4-5 things to do this weekend, and am accused of "loading up his day with tasks."

Also, I like to logically talk through and resolve a disagreement, with tasked actionable items as appropriate. He get frustrated and needs to get away from the discussion and hibernate for a period of time, with no need to resolve things right away.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From this thread I conclude that everyone loves INTPs; but even other INTJs can barely stand INTJs.

This is at it should be.

:D