• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP dating ENTP

antigone girl

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am an ENTP woman who doesn't look like the NT woman prototype. I am stopped by people wanting to tell me how beautiful they think I am every day. If my ex is there, they tell him how lucky he is not knowing that underneath my easy charm is a sometimes difficult personality. My ex is the same way but until lately we got along like nobody's business and were inseparable for over two years. Now our differences are getting the best of us and we are fighting and he says he wants to take a break but I think this his nice way of ending our relationship. Does anyone here (you ENTPS especially) have stories to share about relationships with your identity type? Is it a bad idea to date your identity? If you have ideas on how to repair this relationship with my ENTP those would be helpful.

Last edited:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't know there was an NT physical prototype. Personality correlates poorly with looks, and if anything attractive people are more likely to be intelligent.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an eNTP woman who looks nothing like the NT woman prototype. I am stopped by strangers daily who tell me how beautiful I am, that I should be a model. However, they don't know that underneath the looks and easy charm is a very creative and sometimes aggressive ENTP personality.

Are you suggesting that the NT woman prototype is physically unattractive? Why would physical attractiveness correlate with psychological type?

My ex-boyfriend is also ENTP. It was great while it lasted but our relationship ended like a scene from War of the Roses. Does anyone here (ENTPS you especially) have any stories to tell about their relationships with their identity type? Suggestions on how to repair relationships with your ENTP would also be very appreciated.

Mine with an ENTP chick is awesome. I don't really want to think about it ending! It's been about 6 months and we've never even had a serious fight about anything.

But as far as conflicts, I find that just being willing to occasionally start a dialogue about feelings usually goes a long way. (Of course, we don't talk about feelings that often, cause that would get boring!) Sometimes we don't tell each other things that are bothering us because we're afraid of restricting the other person's freedom. Most of the time we're pretty competitive and pretend mean to each other, but every once in a while I make a point of initiating "share feelings time", and it helps get everything out in the open air.

As NTPs, we're usually pretty good at improvising fair solutions that fit both of us, once we've bothered to drop the sarcasm competition and talk seriously and honestly about something.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you suggesting that the NT woman prototype is physically unattractive? Why would physical attractiveness correlate with psychological type?
She probably thinks smart = ugly, which is the popular perception (Statistically the reverse is true, actually).

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I suppose that's technically less painful than sitting on it, as the original saying went.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm pretty sure the "NT haphazard and bizarre" look is entirely the fault of the INTP male. Sorry guys. The rest of you look completely normal.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
wtf? ENTP chicks are supposed to look like ass?

where the hell is that study?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I am an eNTP woman who looks nothing like the NT woman prototype. I am stopped by strangers daily who tell me how beautiful I am, that I should be a model. However, they don't know that underneath the looks and easy charm is a very creative and sometimes aggressive ENTP personality.

My ex-boyfriend is also ENTP. It was great while it lasted but our relationship ended like a scene from War of the Roses. Does anyone here (ENTPS you especially) have any stories to tell about their relationships with their identity type? Suggestions on how to repair relationships with your ENTP would also be very appreciated.

ENTP's are generally quite good looking usually... they just have a 'natural' beauty to them rather than caring about their looks, so generally won't dress up the part.

I think yeu got off very poorly on the wrong foot with basically flat out calling everyone yeu're asking for help "zomg yeu're all ughly nerds lol!", and that's probably not going to win yeu any points on help.

That being said though, I would state that yeu're obviously an immature entp, with a bit of an ego problem at the very slightest. This's perfectly normal at younger ages, and entp's in general tend to get stuck in this immature stage for a much longer time than most any other type, being very slow to develop and mature emotionally; I wasn't even ready for college until I was 25... when most people go immediately out of high school at 18. This's pretty normal.

Even so, I'd pretty much say that yeu have a rather strong air of smug superiority, and it's probably going to have a rather direct effect on how yeur relationships go as a regular basis.

There's also the matter that same-type relationships rarely work out all that well. "Opposites attract" is a true statement... opposites DO attract, but similarities hold yeu together once yeu're already attracted.

If yeu're TOO similar though... there's nothing there. Okeis yay it's cute yeu finish each others' sentences, but at whot point do yeu learn more about them, or have yeur significant other manage to help yeu in times of need? How do they 'complete' yeu, so to speak? Can they give yeu support in yeur weak areas? Can they help when yeu have a type-dependent breakdown?

Generally yeu want a type that is similar but different, one which can see things from a different angle than yeu do, but still shares the method of rationalization in the process.

The ENTP standard "best choice" is supposedly an INFJ, which... oddly enough I just happen to have one of >.>;;

He completes me very well, though we do have our share of misunderstandings and issues, it works very well overall and one can support the other in times of crisis due to our differing ways of viewing the world.

That being said, don't go silly trying to find the 'perfect type' for yeur mate... certain types (infj males for example, and entp females) are exceedingly rare to begin with, and it's near impossible to find one that's suitable, and just because they're the right TYPE, it doesn't mean they're right for yeu... individuals have alot of separate differences between them. We're obviously not just clones of 16 individuals on the planet, there's billions of us and we're all unique and different... culture, upbringing, and many other factors can change who we are to large extent, so don't go thinking that any particular type will magically be perfect for yeu.

There are unhealthy versions of each type, where they let one of their drawbacks get too far into excess, and there are immature versions of each type, where they just haven't learned to refine their rough edges and compensate for their failing points. Yeu seem the type, from this post at least, to be of the "I haven't learned how to accept that I'm not the center of the universe yet".

Because yeu're not.

I am. *Universe spins around her* >.>;;

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ENTP standard "best choice" is supposedly an INFJ
I couldn't be romantically involved with any sort of J, she'd drive me insane. my mom and pop are all the judging I can handle already.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I couldn't be romantically involved with any sort of J, she'd drive me insane. my mom and pop are all the judging I can handle already.

I didn't say it was universal ^.~

We're all unique to our own situations... with a certain upbringing, yeu may be strongly against a particular trait such as J'ness XD

It's more of an "in general" this is "normally" a good choice that meshes well.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm not convinced that immaturity is a valid excuse here. i knew at around age 5 that looks were far too subjective to assign a level of beauty based on only my perception, and that included (and still does) my own.

also, it seems so ridiculous to connect type with physical beauty that i have to wonder about the OPs ability to think logically.

something that's usually an automatic tendency (right or wrong) in any NT at any age.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
i'm not convinced that immaturity is a valid excuse here. i knew at around age 5 that looks were far too subjective to assign a level of beauty based on only my perception, and that included (and still does) my own.

also, it seems so ridiculous to connect type with physical beauty that i have to wonder about the OPs ability to think logically.

something that's usually an automatic tendency (right or wrong) in any NT at any age.

Hrm actually now that yeu're stating that, it does kinda make sense... maybe i shouldn't post just after waking up XD

That does seem a little strange really, but at the same time, alot of stereotypes are out there too, and it's their first post, they may not yet have come to the realization that MBTI is just a vague set of generalizations, and that there's alot of things that aren't totally tied down to it.

Yes appearance *IS* a factor; not physical so much but moreso how one displays whot they have; the average ENTP generally doesn't care much of fitting into the current trend, and more often set their own just by doing whotever they think looks good.

Which reminds me... I've been meaning to find an army surplus store and get an awesome white/black camo jacket for the spring ^.^

antigone girl

MBTI Type
ENTP
Katsuni, I have tried dating four infjs. I can't do it. They require more attention than is healthy for me and them.

Last edited:

sculpting

wtf? ENTP chicks are supposed to look like ass?

where the hell is that study?

All of the entp women I know typically are more stylish and fashionable than me. They are much more attentive to details than me and have better taste.

In short-they are pretty damned sexy.

My best friend in grad school would date other entps. At first they were awesome, but eventually things would get kinda odd, and they would start picking at each other over weird little details and then fight. Nagging? I dunno. She ended up with an INTP.