• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] P vs J , which type has more patience?

Which type has more patience?

• P

Votes: 40 85.1%
  • J

Votes: 7 14.9%

• Total voters

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
'Low frustration tolerence' can be caused by brain injury, in the form of accident or progressive disease (i.e: blunt force or multiple sclerosis...)

My point is that it can be 'caused' by things other than personality type, but if you don't know that fact, you might make the logical error of attributing it to superficial behaviors.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I can be extremely patient about things and I can want things right here right now. Generally the former is when the way in which things progress isn't up to me (queueing, traffic, working towards a goal that involves other people) and the latter when it is - it'll often have to do with learning something new or making a decision. Once it's made, it has to happen.

P

Phantonym

Js, when they're working within their own system, are patient. But off their own turf, they crumble easier and get anxious. So they probably get more severely impatient than Ps, who experience it more fleetingly.

Yes. I can vouch for that. It's my way or the highway. :steam:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I have lots of patience, but, when my limit has been reached (to the point of offense) I seem way more intolerant than your average Jane.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well Js, how patient are you when dealing with setbacks, failures and obstacles that is blocking you from reaching your goal?

Incredibly patient, but only when expected. :D ;)

Otherwise, I'm naturally uncompromising with delays, and it propels me to even work harder past the obstacles. That excess energy buildup fortunately comes with speed and motivation. I think for goals I intend to shoot for, patience is a bit of a drawback. My impatience often has me skimping out on the details (like brooding, feeling offended), and move right into being productive. On the plus side, I have a knack for resolving problems very quickly, but sometimes, I end up tramping over others if I'm not careful.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have extreme patience with training animals, and I can be patient with people in the long-term, but in everything else, I have zero patience.

Little_Sticks

Impatient with socializing. I like people to get to the point so we can get done with whatever it is to be done. When people socialize and detract from that I become slightly agitated by having to use Fe to get others to do what they are supposed to. I think this is why I damn well hate group projects. You spend more time *ucking around then getting anything done.

Patient with most other things.

ConstantlyImagining

MBTI Type
INFJ
I suppose I have a good deal of patience. I try my best to be tolerant of people's mistakes. We are all imperfect, and as such we should at least try our best to be patient with others. The most important aspect of doing anything is to actually try; and once I see someone doing just that, i will extend lots of patience to them. However I still have a limit and that limit extends much further with people that I am somewhat close to or deal with regularly, such as a family member,or to an "everyday person" than it would to someone such as a clearly avaricious politician or official.

I do not believe it is outright "type related" though, as I believe that the amount of patience we extend may entails the amount of worth we may place on patience itself and onto the situations and entities involved. Though there may be some correlation with type.

Patience, also has an important affect on the outcome of a scenario. There is no use planting seeds, only to become impatient, abandon them, gain little, and thus waste time. Although, such a strategy cannot be always applied with fail, you cannot always save a ship that is sinking

Quiet

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
A lot of the addictive personalities I've known were strong Ps. Poor impulse control. But with non-hedonistic things, can be completely zen.

Js, when they're working within their own system, are patient. But off their own turf, they crumble easier and get anxious. So they probably get more severely impatient than Ps, who experience it more fleetingly.

Hmmmm so overall.... P stands for patience. But it's not that clear cut.

+1

Illict91

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
^Definitely not true.

Do you think you are patient. what other people think of you does not matter.

How many types of patience are there?
Patience is just patience, like waiting things to go your way without feeling frustrated and feel the impulse to interefere.

Kind of like fishing, and waiting for the fish to catch the bait.

I am referring to the context of when patience/impatience is experienced.

Obviously many various personalities react to situations differently that can make them seem impatient.

J's from my view, have a certain deliberate and lasting impatience that is evident when barriers are preventing a task from being completed.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Well, can you wait a thousand years to reach your goal. (assuming you live that long)

This is the type of patience I am talking about.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In theory Ps would be more patient, but in application it doesn't seem nearly as clear.

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
not ESFP's (And not because they're opposite my type).
Then again, I'm not patient either.
So I guess what I'm really saying is not young people.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously P.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
How can you be an evil mastermind without patience? XNTJs?