• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do I make myself do things?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm sitting in my computer chair at 1 am and I have a paper due tommorow. I can't for the life of me start doing it, I'm just so goddamn lazy. Whenever I think about the process of writing it, my mind just shuts down and says "no". It's like I'm fighting with myself.. jesus. Help please, have any other NTs had similar experiences?
Study the absolute minimum. Not more, no less.
They are after the key words only.
Understate. Do not use adverbs.
Then write whatever you want.

ryb

MBTI Type
INTP
nihilism.png

:D

Point is if you really want to do it, do it! Otherwise don't.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I still have one. One reason why I have had so many girlfriends the last few years.

Must have been smaller than my Pness. I've such a large Pness that me and girls just don't match together.

F

figsfiggyfigs

hahahahaha fulffywolf, i don't know whether to applaud you or tsk at you. LOLLL

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
basically just do it.

You're thinking about it too much. Get yourself to do it without thinking about all the problems and conditions etc. It's like walking. If you consciously have to place each step, you'll never make it. So, remove your conscious part and let it flow.

For people with J preference, making a list and going through it helps. (left brain). ghantt charts, todo lists, action-items whatever

For people with P preference, making a story and going through it helps. (right brain). Mental movie, story board, mental dress rehearsal or whatever holistic ways of getting through it.

In all cases, reject thoughts that bring despair or worry or distraction. Basically all the things that are blocking your path and focus on the task at hand. When mentally preparing, always allow room for frustration and difficulties.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
actually, holding a pen and writing on a piece of paper is not that hard.
Try doing simple stuff and move your way to the harder stuff.