• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Tell me if I'm an ENTP or ENTJ

JohnRWillis

MBTI Type
ENTP
I took a Myer-Briggs test several months ago and got ENTP (don't know what the percents were), and I took it again recently and got ENTP, strongly ENT, and right in between P and J. Because I got the same thing both times it tells me it's pretty precise, but I don't know about the accuracy.

My percents were:

77% in favor of E
70% in favor of N
83% in favor of T
52% in favor of P

What sorts of things would tell me more accurately if I were really P or J. Or if I'm really just right in between, what sorts of things does that say about me?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Oeh, Oeh, I know, let me get the info out, I'll get back to you.

EDIT:

It can be hard indeed.

There will probably be someone here in a couple of minutes posting a link to the descriptions of the two types and telling you to read and compare them. I'm telling you that you can do that right now by googling them.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
If you did indeed google, read and compared the descriptions like I suggested in my previous post, that may be a hint that you are ENTJ.

If you figured I'll wait for what the others have to say, that could mean that you are ENTP.

As posted in this thread.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Read some stuff about cognitive functions and figure out whether you tend to apply Thinking to your external world and iNtuition to your internal (which would be ENTJ), or the other way around (which would be ENTP.)

JohnRWillis

MBTI Type
ENTP
Clever Shimmy.

Well, I had goggled to get to this forum. The thread I found was talking about ENTJs being evil and ENTPs wanting to destroy the world, and I couldn't relate to either, so I decided to do something more direct and start a thread. What does that say about me?

I honestly think I am balanced in my intuition and thinking in both my internal (by which I assume you mean about understanding myself) and to the external.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
unless JohnRWillis is the name of your penis, then i'm going with ENTJ.

JohnRWillis

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ehhh... It's a fake name. Though not the name of my penis.

Maybe this says something... I assigned myself the name Billy Bob, which is the name I go by in real life. I started doing that my sophomore/junior year of high school, sort of as a joke but have kept with it. I'm a freshman in college now so it's been about 3 years. I've kept it mostly because people often have funny reactions to it when I introduce myself.

Thought that might say something...?

Oh, though this is the only forum I have posted my name on though. So this isn't something I do regularly on the internet. And I'm a member of several forums. I have one username I use most of the time, and others that I use when I don't want a particular account to be tied to those others.

Any further insight on that?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Are you an asshole because you find it a humorous boost to your ego (ENTP), or are you an asshole because it gets the job done (ENTJ)?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you an asshole because you find it a humorous boost to your ego (ENTP), or are you an asshole because it gets the job done (ENTJ)?

this also, interesting enough, works great for ESTJ and ESTP!!!

oh I have one more too!

Are you a 'caring' manipulator of people's feelings because you find it tickles your fancy (ENFP), or are you a 'caring' manipulator of people's feelings because it gets the job done (ENFJ)? :rofl1:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
do you follow the rules to reach your goal or do you break them?
Do you like to plan ahead or you just like to go with the flow.
do you believe all roads will end in rome? or do you believe that if you don't try hard enough and have a framework or plan, you will get lost and unable to cope with uncertiainty.

JohnRWillis

MBTI Type
ENTP
do you follow the rules to reach your goal or do you break them?
Do you like to plan ahead or you just like to go with the flow.
do you believe all roads will end in rome? or do you believe that if you don't try hard enough and have a framework or plan, you will get lost and unable to cope with uncertiainty.

Usually end up breaking them, though I do plan ahead, and feel that I need the framework in place.

Those are probably consistant with ENTP too, right? Except for maybe the first one?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
are you a pristeen dresser (J type) or do cloths tend to wear you, or make you look scruffy (P type)....

Heavy tailoring = J, loose and flowing = p

hates to not be prepared 10 days in advance of a deadline = J
turn up semi prepared on the day = p

Jaguar

I'm surprised no one looked at his profile info yesterday, before he deleted it.

Socionics type: LIE
Enneagram 9

Not exactly consistent with ENTP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, hang out here for a while. If you get on my nerves, you're probably an ENTP. If I feel neutral toward or amused by you, ENTJ.

/self-centeredness