• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Solving a Rubik's cube

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be an "NT thing. Solving a Rubik's cube requires analytical abilities which appeal more to NTs.

Yes, this.

I could see STs getting obsessed with the Cube to an extent, but NTs really win with the preoccupation for solving abstract puzzles to prove their competence.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I used to be able to do it in under 5 mins.... I don't think it has anything to do wiht being an NT or ST - just fashionable at the time

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Yes, this.

I could see STs getting obsessed with the Cube to an extent, but NTs really win with the preoccupation for solving abstract puzzles to prove their competence.

I beg to differ. A rubix cube is hardly an abstract puzzle. I first solved it by trial and error mostly.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
SP thing.

Keep playing around w/ it til it works.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I beg to differ. A rubix cube is hardly an abstract puzzle. I first solved it by trial and error mostly.

Solving it by trial and error doesn't automatically disprove its status as an abstract puzzle.

And I find it hard to believe you solved it without any kind of abstractions running through your head unless you were extremely lucky in your twisting.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Solving it by trial and error doesn't automatically disprove its status as an abstract puzzle.

And I find it hard to believe you solved it without any kind of abstractions running through your head unless you were extremely lucky in your twisting.

Well obviously it's somewhat abstract, but it doesn't take huge amounts of visualisation skills to solve the thing.