• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] how to convince entp

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
that he is entp even tho he has slight manic depression when he feels more like intp and sometimes like enfp and infp? and he doesent believe in mbti because he doesent want to categorize people like that

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why would you want to convince him is he doesn't want to use the system?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why would you want to convince him is he doesn't want to use the system?

because i want to convince him that he uses Ne as first function instead Ti

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Kick him in the Ne... :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

sorry im drunk. but i know this entp, i told him that hes entp with low extroversion, he thinks that hes close to intp(naturally since low extroversion), he says that hes both, i say that he cant be both since hes one type and strong preference to other. he acts like total stubborn entp about it but wont believe me that hes entp. i show him enfp and infp profile, he says that he cant see bit of himself in all of these four types. now hes even more convinced that people cant be typed like this. i need to prove that hes an entp that feels like intp when in depression period on this manic depression thing

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
sorry im drunk. but i know this entp, i told him that hes entp with low extroversion, he thinks that hes close to intp(naturally since low extroversion), he says that hes both, i say that he cant be both since hes one type and strong preference to other. he acts like total stubborn entp about it but wont believe me that hes entp. i show him enfp and infp profile, he says that he cant see bit of himself in all of these four types. now hes even more convinced that people cant be typed like this. i need to prove that hes an entp that feels like intp when in depression period on this manic depression thing

You act like total stubborn INTP about it. Why do you actually care if he 'believes' in MBTI?

It's probably the drunkenness talking, am I right? :D (I mean, an INTP who makes grammar errors and doesn't notice his or her own bad punctuation must be pretty inebriated.)

Let's see what you post about it when you wake up. :alttongue:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't matter what type he is, let the matter go, you're just pushing buttons to make yourself feel good.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
sorry im drunk.

It doesn't matter what type he is, let the matter go, you're just pushing buttons to make yourself feel good.

Trust me, it's the alcohol speaking. I get like this when I'm drunk as well. Trying to convince people of trivial things I wouldn't normally bother about. I'm sure when INTP comes in here after he wakes up (with a headache and a thirst, the size of which has never been seen before) he will have either forgotten about this thread or he (or she for that matter) will no longer feel as strongly about the subject.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trust me, it's the alcohol speaking. I get like this when I'm drunk as well. Trying to convince people of trivial things I wouldn't normally bother about. I'm sure when INTP comes in here after he wakes up (with a headache and a thirst, the size of which has never been seen before) he will have either forgotten about this thread or he (or she for that matter) will no longer feel as strongly about the subject.

I see what you mean, it's that reboot that forces you to reconsider your perspective and think clearly :)

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thats like the ENTP I know, he is convinced he is an INTP, and some days he says he is INFP

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I reckon it'd be a typical ENTP thing to do. Keep all options open, meta-analyse the data, only make a decision if you have to, and even then wait until the very last moment to decide.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's so important about the type of someone else?

But just to answer the question... I've seen more ENTPs thinking they are INTPs. Myself included.
Why?
Because we're bad at socializing. We can't remember the details (eg. names...) needed for making contact to people. If extravert was synonymous with "people-minded", I don't think there would be any ENTPs.
But extravert is more than that.
"Needing input to be productive" and "craving attention" are other tell-tale signs of extraversion... and ENTPs (at least this one) score high on those.
The functions are another way to discern between E- and INTPs.

IF we can use Ne in communication with other people (discussing theories, improvising nonsense stories,...), we won't feel drained and won't feel the need for an I-style replenishing. But these occasions are less frequent than the usual smalltalk and socializing. So yes, an ENTP will answer yes on the question "after prolonged contact, do you feel the need to be alone for a while?"
If the question is "Even if you're having a good time with other people, do you still feel the need to be alone once in a while?" my answer would be a solid no.

Thats like the ENTP I know, he is convinced he is an INTP, and some days he says he is INFP
:rofl1: INFP! I've been convinced of that, too. Not in these terms, because at that time, I didn't know about MBTI. But I was convinced that being reigned by emotions and personal values was the right thing to do to be a real human being.
It didn't really work for me. Wonder why...:doh:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But just to answer the question... I've seen more ENTPs thinking they are INTPs. Myself included.
Why?
Because we're bad at socializing. We can't remember the details (eg. names...) needed for making contact to people. If extravert was synonymous with "people-minded", I don't think there would be any ENTPs.
But extravert is more than that.

I have worse reclusive tendencies than my INTP friend. He seems to me to have constant phone calls and text messages and such from friends. I've seen this in other INTP's, too. When I socialize I feel like a loser and get existential and self-conscious. But, I really do feed off the energy of a group. I get more ideas from other people. But, it feels like losing contact with myself and joining in the external world.

B

brainheart

Yeah, socializing. I think it can be incredibly draining. (I'm one of those ENTPs who would never consider the possibility that I was an extrovert, for all the reasons Tamske listed.) And it's funny- if I'm having a good time, a good interesting conversation, I can go on forever-a them shutting the place down around me sort of situation. But if it's tedious, dull, about mundane stuff, I want to cut off my ears and dig myself a good, sturdy hole in which to hide.

Ne was what I always related to, even when I was considering INTP, INFP, ISFP, ISTP. It's kind of stupid, really, but I think Ne can get so carried away with the possibilities that I could look at any of those descriptions and think, "I can fit into that."

MBTI Type
ENTP
apply it.
counter him rationally.
give him a shred and let him extrapolate.

i personally wouldn't bother.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
That's another ENTP thing I think. Dominant Ne could mean that everything that happened could be interpreted as something, therefore everything you do can be interpreted as something typical related to a type.