• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Cognitive Styles

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BTW, I just looked at the PDF of the book and it's very much like a Christian book by Katie Fortune published in 1987, interestingly enough... where she determined seven types from the list of spiritual gifts found in the Bible NT:
I was involved in some extensive discussions of cognitive styles on other forums. Yes, the Biblical comparison was noted, as was a similarity to the Kabbalah. The Friesens' writings are extensive, but contain almost no references. In trying to understand a new idea, I find it very helpful to have some sense of its origins, what it is based upon, how it evolved ot of or improved upon earlier ideas. Not to mention that using the ideas of others without crediting them is dishonest and unprofessional.