• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] ENTp VS. ENTj (persianness)

Windigo

Well I do have this really big poster on the door of my room that says "warning, private property, keep out, unless you have really big boobs", so supposedly they're already in a more self-conscious state about their boobs.

But then again, they'd already have been in my room if they know the poster!

LOL! Your avatar reminds me of the character Bernard in the movie Stardust. Have you seen it?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Having vigorously read about Enneagram personality types:

I was never actually an a/hole until someone at some point had me (seldom) compromise on the life going for me - in which case, I started feeling freedom to my pride, and too, endure the 'quality' of my so-called 'mission' - although I would never feel any less to my so-called 'mission' from that point.

... Hmm, all-in-all, from what's discussed, I'd be an ENTJ.

Eights

Characteristic role: The Challenger
Ego fixation: Vengeance
Holy idea: Truth
Basic Fear: Of being harmed or controlled by others, of violation
Basic Desire: To protect themselves, to determine their own course in life
Temptation: To be too self-sufficient
Vice/Passion: Lust
Virtue: Magnanimity
Stress/Disintegration point: Five. Eights may become withdrawn and isolated like unhealthy Fives in their pursuit of control
Security/Integration point: Two. Proactive and forward-thinking Eights learn to become helpful and cooperative like healthy Twos

Twos

Characteristic role: The Helper
Ego Fixation: Flattery
Holy Idea: Freedom
Basic Fear: Being unworthy of being loved
Basic Desire: To be loved unconditionally
Temptation: To manipulate others in order to get positive responses
Vice/Passion: Pride (specifically, Vainglory, the love of one's own goodness

Farthermore, as a result of the vanity the societies of ours implore to us.

... Hmm, interesting.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mewtwo's telling me ENTJ.

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
My brother and a current romantic interest are both ENTJs.

Here are the main differences I have noted.

1.) Are you orderly around the house? If so, you're probably an ENTJ. If there are stacks of documents, books, and unfinished projects lying around, ENTP.

2.) Do you have a tolerance for abstract things that don't support a specific mission? ENTPs seem much more happy dealing with ambiguity, topics with no apparent utility like philosophy, and details that are seemingly a waste of valuable time and resources to the ENTJ, who become very impatient if not uncomfortable when forced to discuss the deeper meanings of things beyond the typical "go big or stay home."

3.) Do you develop strong bonds with people? Are you compassionate and sympathetic toward them? Do you overlook their flaws? Are you tolerant of their weakness? That's more of an ENTP trait. From what I've observed, ENTJs are not very sensitive, don't feel much empathy toward others, and are somewhat judging of their weaknesses. While they do have a sympathetic streak, it's more prone to be a momentary tearing up over a few too many drinks while discussing the way their grandmother used to make banana bread, followed by a terse statement like, "But life goes on."

4.) Is your goal to control or understand? ENTJs feel a strong need to direct the activities of others. ENTPs? Not so much. ENTPs will direct the activities of others when necessary, and can be effective when doing so, but disorganization and difficulty following established procedures is common. Necessary paperwork may not be filled out, and so on.

I'm finding out that while ENTP and ENTJ are kindred spirits in many ways, there are some really huge differences, and the ENTJ (like the INTJ) has the capacity to actually hurt the ENTP with indifference to the ENTPs ideas, feelings, and disapproval of the ENTP's weakness. Very few types can do this, but the ENTP is impressed with the ENTJ's capabilities and so cares what the ENTJ thinks.

Your mileage may vary.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
1.) Are you orderly around the house? If so, you're probably an ENTJ. If there are stacks of documents, books, and unfinished projects lying around, ENTP.

Noted. ENTJ wins.

... As for what can be answered of the following questions, I am actually (personally) a little hurt on the answers I would give, so you would assume by default my tendencies onto ENTJ.

I'm finding out that while ENTP and ENTJ are kindred spirits in many ways, there are some really huge differences, and the ENTJ (like the INTJ) has the capacity to actually hurt the ENTP with indifference to the ENTPs ideas, feelings, and disapproval of the ENTP's weakness. Very few types can do this, but the ENTP is impressed with the ENTJ's capabilities and so cares what the ENTJ thinks.

Hmm, that sounds like quite a novelty. I've an ENTP sister, and on a personal note, the two of us could sublime in this regard.

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmm, that sounds like quite a novelty. I've an ENTP sister, and on a personal note, the two of us could sublime in this regard.

Oh, definitely! Don't get me wrong, there are things I adore about my brother and my current romantic interest. It's because I respect and admire them that they have the capacity to harm.

Certainly not all ENTJs are the same. I would never assume that a person is defined by 4 letters. But I do think it's true that ENTJ dismissiveness (when present) can be emotionally damaging to the weaker and more needy ENTP.

Which is hilarious in the grand scheme of things, since ENTPs are often accused of being oblivious to the feelings of others.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
3.) Do you develop strong bonds with people? Are you compassionate and sympathetic toward them? Do you overlook their flaws? Are you tolerant of their weakness? That's more of an ENTP trait. From what I've observed, ENTJs are not very sensitive, don't feel much empathy toward others, and are somewhat judging of their weaknesses. While they do have a sympathetic streak, it's more prone to be a momentary tearing up over a few too many drinks while discussing the way their grandmother used to make banana bread, followed by a terse statement like, "But life goes on." y.

That's kind of BS, you know.

F

figsfiggyfigs

3.) Do you develop strong bonds with people? Are you compassionate and sympathetic toward them? Do you overlook their flaws? Are you tolerant of their weakness? That's more of an ENTP trait. From what I've observed, ENTJs are not very sensitive, don't feel much empathy toward others, and are somewhat judging of their weaknesses. While they do have a sympathetic streak, it's more prone to be a momentary tearing up over a few too many drinks while discussing the way their grandmother used to make banana bread, followed by a terse statement like, "But life goes on."

Your mileage may vary.

I'm very empathetic towards people. with reason.
I may be impatient with people at times, but if they learn from their mistakes ; patience is worth it.
having the will to correct/alter their weak points to their best effort, I don't see a flaw; in fact, the opposite, I see the will to challenge yourself. That in my eyes, is a great strength.
I will only judge ones weakness, when they do nothing about it.

Sympathy. not so much. Definitely not my strong point. I have a hard time feeling sympathy.

the Bolded out part, is very true for ENTJ's. :workout:

Violator

MBTI Type
ENTJ
There are a couple of ENTPs in my grad course.

Here is what they all have in common: They are incredibly messy, always late and have a problem saying "No" to the extent that they will make a commitment, then cancel at the last minute.

Also, when ENTPs try to take over leadership positions in a project, they seem dictatorial and arbitrary, whereas the ENTJs will exploit everyone's strongest skill with charm and kindness.

Charm + kindness = gets you everything in life

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
motivator9a255f4e758fa0c026834f2995.jpg

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^

I think the right one should be the ENTP and the left ENTJ.

Exodus

MBTI Type
NeTi
ENTP is the least extraverted of all the E types.. If that helps.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTJ, indeeddddddddddddddddd.

Jaguar

Also, when ENTPs try to take over leadership positions in a project, they seem dictatorial and arbitrary, whereas the ENTJs will exploit everyone's strongest skill with charm and kindness.

Guilty as charged. Sue me, if you can afford it. Christ, this thread is 8 years old. Fuck it.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

I think you mistyped ESTJ with ENTP. ENTP maybe sometimes sound arrogant and narcissistic like INTJs but dictatorial just NO! Because of their ter Fe they possess best people skills of all NT-s so they can convince everyone on everything what is in their mind. :)

Te-Si have a more bossy and mature attitude , focus on responsibility on individuate so they literally sound "DO THIS! DO THIS! DO THIS!" :rules:
While Te-Ni approach in democratic way with aristocratic attitude often with calling like: "Hey let's do this!" :pedantic:

Jaguar

ENTP

favored careers:

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

ENTP - Jung Type Descriptions

*laughs*

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENTP

favored careers:

dictator, computer consultant, international spy, tv producer, philosopher, comedian, music performer, it consultant, fighter pilot, politician, diplomat, entertainer, game designer, bar owner, freelance writer, creative director, strategist, news anchor, professional skateboarder, airline pilot, comic book artist, college professor, private detective, mechanical engineer, lecturer, ambassador, astronomer, research scientist, judge, web developer, scholar, fbi agent, cia agent, electrical engineer, assassin

ENTP - Jung Type Descriptions

*laughs*

Yeah if he/she is 8w7 863 for example but this is not common ENTP as I am not common ENTJ 8w7 854 (Peaceful Intellectual) :)
Real dictator is ESTJ 8w7 863 sp/so :D