• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, if you had to pick...

As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

• Total voters

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
NTs...

Ti doms are gentle, (not on the interwebs, tho), and they, when relatively healthy, generate and resonate a melancholic hue/tone that is somewhat attractive, and irresistible. :wubbie: I especially like the especially introverted ones who are soft-hearted scientists or science enthusiasts. They should be hypnotherapists, I could fall asleep to an INTP lecture any night. :)

Ne doms are receptive perceptive processing pitbulls, they're tenacious, and enthusiastically intense. I think they all need to have their hearts seriously broken at least once, in order to develop into themselves.

Te doms are :horor:, but I don't think I know any ENTJs in real life, something tells me if I were to meet one I'd be fascinated and hooked, or instantly repelled, hmm, either way, I think I'd find him or her to be an interesting specimen, especially if it was a female.

Ni doms are odd creatures, indeed, the brooding outcasts obsessed with society. If I could I would collect the young ones in a terrarium, and see what would unfold; cannibalism, civil war? :unsure:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what does it taste like? the apple from the garden of eden?
i doubt Ni is that awesome, its just another form of Ne.
I mean how hard is it to think of abstract shit that no one can understand?

You're obviously missing the point of N....

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What do you make of the fact ENTJs don't want any function besides the ones they already have? You're the one with the Ni. How is it that my one interpretation of the data, that ENTJs do not see the appeal of functions that they don't use because they are uninterested in an alternative method of worldview, is incorrect?

I wonder whether you are saying that to defend yourself, or whether you're really dense enough to think that this is an objective interpretation of the situation.

The question asked which would you rather be your dom function, not which functions you respect or appreciate in any way. What if ENTJs enjoy their Ni and would like it to be more developed? What do you make of the fact that the majority of INTPs also chose their aux function Ne?? Are they also incapable of appreciating anything other than what they use? Is it not at all possible that a person can appreciate Ni as a function without being a user of it?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess I would have to choose Ne. If I were to choose my prefered functions in NT order I'd want it, Ni,Ne,Te,Ti

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I only picked Ni because I already typically lead with Ne in how I deal with the world.
(Three top functions are Ti, Ne, and Ni.)

If I had wanted to be practical, though, I should have picked Te; it's the approach I actually need to learn the most, but I don't much like it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think the most interesting observation is that the T users are tending to go with their auxiliary N, but the N users are tending to go with the N of opposite attitude.

Seems like there's just something about N...

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
I only picked Ni because I already typically lead with Ne in how I deal with the world.
(Three top functions are Ti, Ne, and Ni.)

If I had wanted to be practical, though, I should have picked Te; it's the approach I actually need to learn the most, but I don't much like it.

That's why I chose Te. In my work, it's great if you can come up with cool ideas, but if they are stuck in your head and you don't do well communicating your thoughts to others or collaborating... well, it's not good.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Or maybe Ni is really that amazing, and you just have no idea.

:yes:

Not judging by the Ni doms I know personally...:tongue: I'd say it's as good a fucntion as any other on that basis.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
What do you make of the fact ENTJs don't want any function besides the ones they already have? You're the one with the Ni. How is it that my one interpretation of the data, that ENTJs do not see the appeal of functions that they don't use because they are uninterested in an alternative method of worldview, is incorrect?

This is a trick question by the way.

The bolded is arguably the most important sentence in my whole post as it provides the context for interpreting what I said. I don't know why you chose to exclude it, unless you just didn't get that far.

Next time, I'll just state it.

I wonder whether you are saying that to defend yourself, or whether you're really dense enough to think that this is an objective interpretation of the situation.

The question asked which would you rather be your dom function, not which functions you respect or appreciate in any way. What if ENTJs enjoy their Ni and would like it to be more developed? What do you make of the fact that the majority of INTPs also chose their aux function Ne?? Are they also incapable of appreciating anything other than what they use? Is it not at all possible that a person can appreciate Ni as a function without being a user of it?

Of course it's not objective. It's simply one of many possible ways to interpret the fact that no ENTJs had selected Ti or Ne as a function they'd like to try on. Just as you provide additional possibilities for other points of data in the poll. I thought it was funny that a type branded by others as hardheaded didn't stray from their existing functions, and recalled how AJblaise would frequently call ENTJs the SJs of the NTs. Thus, I found the connection amusing and made the joke.

The point of my post, was that any reason Z gave for why it was blatantly incorrect would be the result of a judging process, not Ni. Ni can't decide. No perceiving function can.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
The point of my post, was that any reason Z gave for why it was blatantly incorrect would be the result of a judging process, not Ni. Ni can't decide. No perceiving function can.

This is a very good point, and one that took me a while to realize.

Ni is just an open book for the other functions to read from. Sort of. That's probably not a very concise way of putting it.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
This is a very good point, and one that took me a while to realize.

Ni is just an open book for the other functions to read from. Sort of. That's probably not a very concise way of putting it.

Ni, to me, is attractive and almost scary for the same reason: it is aware of the infinity of existence and being of any one thing. That's an awful lot for a judging process to deal with.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ni, to me, is attractive and almost scary for the same reason: it is aware of the infinity of existence and being of any one thing. That's an awful lot for a judging process to deal with.
*scratches head*

I thought understanding the infinite perspective of/to like was seen and caught by the Net.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
*scratches head*

I thought understanding the infinite perspective of/to like was seen and caught by the Net.

Imagine, if you will, a sphere looking out in all directions. To my understanding, that is somewhat how Ne works, moving from origin and examining all around.

Well, take the same sphere, and focus from the surface inward towards the core. That is Ni, attempting to see a single point from all possible sides.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Riemann sphere - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stereographic_projection_in_3D.png

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love my Ne too much... So If it CAN'T be my Dominant, Then It shall be my Auxillary...
Ti!

---
As much as I respect Te, I'm pretty sure Te and Ne would have domestic issues as dom and aux funtions...

... but they do feed you in the sanitorium... I think.

olly_olly

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Um i was just wandering while reading this thread, but depending on which dominant function you changed wouldn't you have to change one of either the first or last letters too, if you essential wanted to be the same person but with different drives to life.

And I'm not even sure if that makes sense but something like what i just described is just on the edge of my reasoning because of this threads question.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought it was funny that a type branded by others as hardheaded didn't stray from their existing functions, and recalled how AJblaise would frequently call ENTJs the SJs of the NTs.

Damn straight they are.

Illict91

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Would prefer Ti

My Ti is well-developed, but I would prefer it to be just as strong as Te.

Imagine all the Thinking havoc a person could cause :devil: