• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, if you had to pick...

As an NT, if you had to choose a different NT dominant function, which would it be?

• Total voters

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is it just me, or are we all picking our current auxiliary?
To me, having Ti as dominant means... I still get a fairly good Ne :D I don't want to demote my Ne to fifth (INTJ) or even sixth (ENTJ) place.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Te obviously. Wouldn't really want Ni though.

I guess I prioritize right now making myself understood, which I have real trouble with. Neither Ni, Ti nor Ne seem great for that. :S

Qre:us

Great. I dismiss your attempt to nullify any and all comparisons of cognitive ability between different people just to support your overconfident assessment of your Ni abilities, as both rationally irrelevant and really grasping at straws.

Dismissing it is not proof. Prove it. Prove how you can show comparisons in strength of functions, between people.

Sure you can, because you can associate certain cognitive strengths with certain abilities in related tasks.

Uh huh....like this? V

If a sociopathic serial killer explains that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong because morality doesn't exist and the only thing that matters is his own self-gratification, we can probably infer that his Fi isn't so hot.

Brilliantly ridiculous! You have equated, in a person with a mental disorder, no less, a belief in morality with Fi, and, self-gratification, not with Fi.

Any more stellar examples?

Are there extraordinarily brilliant ENTPs with a better handle on Ni than the average INTJ? Probably. Is it at all likely that you're one of them? Probably not.

You're bullshitting again, like the rest of your post that I mostly ignored.

Bottom line, if you want to deny the possibility of comparing relative cognitive strengths between individuals just so you can bend over backwards inventing your own subjective,

I deny the possibility of comparing relative cognitive function strengths (as isolated variables) between people because it is logically not possible to do so. It is however possible, and logical, to compare functions strength within an individual. < - take a few moments for that to sink in, I dunno, use your Ti ;)

So, I assign subjectivity, from the beginning, even before you entered this discussion, even before it became an actual discussion, way before any attempt you think you made at "backing me into a corner", to that whose properties are subjective.

But, if thinking all that makes you feel more confident that you're actually not grasping at straws, and not bullshitting out of your ass, with me, go ahead.

I've said all I need to say on this topic, the holes in your argument are evident, and you haven't given anything substantial to explain that, and bottom line, it can't be rationalized, as it's logically not sound.

You go on the offense, trying to rile the other one up, in hopes they'll slip up (?), and give you an angle of attack, when you can't soundly back up your shit, I've noticed.

So, I'm left with the same old goading, hot air, and irrelevant rationalizations from you by willfully misinterpreting my response to fit your angle of "If I turn what she means, slightly, in this way, make my interpretation take on that angle, I can attack it thata way". Yeah, no. So, rest of your post ignored. Try it on others, but, I can school your ass in that game if you wanna play that shit with me (now, this is what I call arrogance).

Oh, also, you learned well from zarc, how to assign random behaviors to, MUST be X function, little ESFP.

So, I'm done playing hot-air balloon with ya. :hi:

MBTI Type
ENTP
i always feel think i'm missing something without Ni.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
i always feel think i'm missing something without Ni.

Probably because the descriptions of Ni on MBTI sites* are so pretentious.

* "folk typology" sites as certain posters would call them:D

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would never trade Ni willingly. That being said however, in the spirit of the hypothetical, I would choose Ne, mostly out of curiosity. I've always admired the innovative approach that some ENTPs are famed for.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
These results are interesting so far. The sampling pool is pretty slim, but I'm noticing a discernible pattern emerging from the depths.

Among the thinking dominant types (ENTJ and INTP), more seem to place preference on having their auxiliary N function as their dominant.

Among the intuitive dominant types (ENTP and INTJ), more seem to place preference on having the opposite intuitive function as their dominant.

I <3 this poll. We need more NTs to answer!!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Probably because the descriptions of Ni on MBTI sites* are so pretentious.

* "folk typology" sites as certain posters would call them:D

Or maybe Ni is really that amazing, and you just have no idea.

:yes:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
These results are interesting so far. The sampling pool is pretty slim, but I'm noticing a discernible pattern emerging from the depths.

Among the thinking dominant types (ENTJ and INTP), more seem to place preference on having their auxiliary N function as their dominant.

Among the intuitive dominant types (ENTP and INTJ), more seem to place preference on having the opposite intuitive function as their dominant.

I <3 this poll. We need more NTs to answer!!

Thank you, Tesla.

You are certainly one of my favorite ENTPs.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
Can one of you more enlightened types explain to me exactly what Ni/Ne means? I know what the letters mean, I know the descriptions, but why are these things so awesome? I know when I'm using Ti to filter, or Fe to hug a friend, and I sort of get when I go inside for a while with Si and get my internal models right and remove inconsistencies, but I'm somewhat at a loss for what Ne does, especially versus Ni. </noob>

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where's "ENTP: blonde" ?

If Digest wants her own category, she'll have to ask for it herself.

Can one of you more enlightened types explain to me exactly what Ni/Ne means? I know what the letters mean, I know the descriptions, but why are these things so awesome? I know when I'm using Ti to filter, or Fe to hug a friend, and I sort of get when I go inside for a while with Si and get my internal models right and remove inconsistencies, but I'm somewhat at a loss for what Ne does, especially versus Ni. </noob>

You'll hear different defs, but for me, metaphorically:

Ne: Fireworks explosion going off, ideas shooting off in every direction and continuing to springboard outwards like a huge rapid web.

Ni: Shuffling through various overlays/patterns that are laid over the situation to change the frame of reference. Also, you "see" things and know what the picture looks like, even if you can't see all the data, because you recognize the pattern... just like a "connect the dots." Seeing comes "all at once."

In any case, both are ways of seeing... while T/F are ways of processing/evaluating what you see.

I live in N in the world more than I live in T, although T is always running. N is my "possibility machine" and it gives me energy and drive to actually engage the world and try new things and connect with people; Ti without a Pe function to fuel it just sort of sits there and does nothing.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You guys are the SJs of the NTs, to steal AJblaise's observation. Funny to see it actually play out.

Ha!

Funny coming from the INTP who couldn't respond to my earlier message.

Perhaps what you fail to realize is that anyone who actually tastes Ni knows just how good it is.

Don't be butt hurt that other NTs aren't envious of your dom...

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
what does it taste like? the apple from the garden of eden?
i doubt Ni is that awesome, its just another form of Ne.
I mean how hard is it to think of abstract shit that no one can understand?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Ha!

Funny coming from the INTP who couldn't respond to my earlier message.

Perhaps what you fail to realize is that anyone who actually tastes Ni knows just how good it is.

Don't be butt hurt that other NTs aren't envious of your dom...

Oh? I wasn't aware you wanted a response. And looking at it now, I don't really see a question, or anything really new, unless you wanted me to challenge something? Please let me know what part you want my thoughts on.

And, I could care less if nobody else wanted my dominant function. It truly is a pain in the ass.

What do you make of the fact ENTJs don't want any function besides the ones they already have? You're the one with the Ni. How is it that my one interpretation of the data, that ENTJs do not see the appeal of functions that they don't use because they are uninterested in an alternative method of worldview, is incorrect?

This is a trick question by the way.

Also, should I change my type? Maybe if I do that, it means I'm allowed to talk about whatever I'd like to talk about, without being invalidated because I do not hold an absolute frame of reference, in which to experience the world.