• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs: WHY?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Maybe the aggression shown in this video does help you on your quest:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7esXXf1iHDs"].[/YOUTUBE]

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
They're like turtles in my terrarium and I'm the nasty God dictating their joy and pain. Ugh. How neurotic. :doh:

Hmmm. Could they be more like elaborate and well-crafted puppets who serve to tell a story? It is a bit neurotic in the sense that it is one way to see things that you have latched onto with alacrity. But, surely there is another way to see things that is more helpful?

Reality is consensual.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
when all it takes to get you out the grumpy mood is a hug then why start it at all, I am surrounded by non-haters

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
You know, the ENTP girl I'm friends with is absolutely gorgeous. Doesn't give a crap about fashion or beauty, but is still really pretty and could be a model if she wanted to.

So... jealous... :mad:

Pics please! :alttongue:

But seriously, I think ENTP's are quite aware of how they look all the time. I sometimes find myself consciously trying not to care too much about how I look.

That said, I score a 2 on a scale from 1 to 10 when it comes to fashion sense.

G

Ginkgo

Maybe the aggression shown in this video does help you on your quest:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7esXXf1iHDs"].[/YOUTUBE]

Just a few more polygons to work with and that would look real.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
But does that make Wyst and Neptune Set's observation any less valid? I think for them that wouldn't change their assessment, merely fortify it - i.e. you can't rely on a "person with a million friend's whose personal investment I can't gauge nor whose loyalty I can rely on"

I think it's a common charge from introverts to extraverts that extraverts seem to have too much on their plate to focus on their particular friendship/relationship. In particular that ENXPs are 'flaky' or hard to gauge 'true' interest.

But see, there is an assumption in that assessment- which is that an ENTP has millions of friends. If you asked me how many friends I have, I'm not going to say "oh, millions", I'm going to say "about ten." That makes a big difference. I would take a bullet for those people, and I am extremely loyal to them.

If you can't gauge my personal investment or rely on my loyalty, it means that you haven't earned enough of my respect and trust and/or shared enough experiences with me. We aren't quite friends yet. It has nothing to do with how widely I socialize. I can assure you that I always make time for the people who deserve it. ;)

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
But see, there is an assumption in that assessment- which is that an ENTP has millions of friends. If you asked me how many friends I have, I'm not going to say "oh, millions", I'm going to say "about ten." That makes a big difference. I would take a bullet for those people, and I am extremely loyal to them.

If you can't gauge my personal investment or rely on my loyalty, it means that you haven't earned enough of my respect and trust and/or shared enough experiences with me. We aren't quite friends yet. It has nothing to do with how widely I socialize. I can assure you that I always make time for the people who deserve it. ;)

That said, I do call a lot of people my friend. And I reckon they actually are, I'd sure as hell be there as a friend for every one of those millions of people. The difference lies in who I would call if I needed a friend.

sculpting

That said, I do call a lot of people my friend. And I reckon they actually are, I'd sure as hell be there as a friend for every one of those millions of people. The difference lies in who I would call if I needed a friend.

how do you determine who YOU would call? what is the criteria?

And yeah, most all the younger entps I know have tons of friends in like a big loose network and then a few very close friends. It's just how they are.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
how do you determine who YOU would call? what is the criteria?

And yeah, most all the younger entps I know have tons of friends in like a big loose network and then a few very close friends. It's just how they are.

well duh...its not like my arm is hanging on by a single nerve and thats when i start making the pro and con list...i like him, i hate her; shes a bitch, her i can handle

ill call whoever comes to the head first...we dont make an effort to get close usually, we jsut somehow end up being close

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
well duh...its not like my arm is hanging on by a single nerve and thats when i start making the pro and con list...i like him, i hate her; shes a bitch, her i can handle

ill call whoever comes to the head first...we dont make an effort to get close usually, we jsut somehow end up being close

+1, it is an emotional and convenience thing rather then a thought through decision.